Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Worthy on rumours

Worthy has ruled out a swoop for sutton and strachan dont want to sell him

"There is no interest there at all - you can knock that one on the head straight away," Worthington told the Eastern Daily Press.Bhoys boss Gordon Strachan revealed that he wants to keep Sutton at Celtic Park, saying: "We''re very keen that Chris remains at the club and hopefully this can be achieved."

He''s also said this about ashton going to charlton

"It''s the time of the football season for speculation and rumours and I have got no intention of adding fuel to the fire," he continued.

"The boy is contracted to us and I''m looking to add players to the group rather than dismantle it. All I can do is wait and see what happens in January."

"The boy is contracted to us and I''m looking to add players to the group rather than dismantle it. All I can do is wait and see what happens in January."

Thats more like it worthy!!  OK if a team bids a huge amount fair play if the player wants to leave and ther club does decide to sell.  but dont advertise the fact.

Well Said.

Its about time he hasnt said "lets wait and see what happens". He sounds more positive, we can only hope.

i think he was ready to sell ashton before our run. i think times have changed now, and they realise we have got a good shout of getting into the play-offs. i dont think the staff at norwich are as stupid as some make out. we could well see ashton in a norwich shirt come feb, as long as he doesn''t put in a transfer request.