lake district canary

Settle back, grab a beer, here we go......match thread :-)

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

We just need to make sure we secure enough points from teams who lost more than 1 PL game last season and won the Champions League.😉

If it stays 4-1 it means we have beaten the Champions of Europe at their place in this second half

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd argue Aarons has been pretty poor today to be honest but he'll improve. Trybull and Hanley the obvious weak links but they shouldn't be in the team longer term.

You could argue it all you liked but you’d be wrong. Apart from the mistake for their goal he’s played very well

• Like 1

Excellent second-half.

Underlines the character of our squad.

Aarons, Lewis and Godfrey have impressed...even though we’ve conceded four!

Just now, sonyc said:

If it stays 4-1 it means we have beaten the Champions of Europe at their place in this second half

And bettered Barcelona’s result there

Just now, JF said:

You could argue it all you liked but you’d be wrong. Apart from the mistake for their goal he’s played very well

I think his positioning his been poor and he's been caught on the ball too many times. 

Just now, sonyc said:

Two seasons running then...🤭

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

👍🤣

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd argue Aarons has been pretty poor today to be honest but he'll improve. Trybull and Hanley the obvious weak links but they shouldn't be in the team longer term.

Not a great start but he has grown into this game well. Did you spot how frustrated Robertson got a few minutes ago when Max forced him to concede a goal-kick. Harsh to say he's been poor.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

👍🤣

And I am not referring to the mighty Leeds here when I say Champions of Europe....

Edited by sonyc

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I think his positioning his been poor and he's been caught on the ball too many times. 

That’s the spirit, let’s ignore the positives

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Not a great start but he has grown into this game well. Did you spot how frustrated Robertson got a few minutes ago when Max forced him to concede a goal-kick. Harsh to say he's been poor.

Poor might be a touch harsh but he's not been great. Godfrey on the other hand has been excellent.

1 minute ago, JF said:

That’s the spirit, let’s ignore the positives

FFS. Only opinions you agree with allowed yeah?

Just now, king canary said:

FFS. Only opinions you agree with allowed yeah?

You said Aaron’s had played “pretty poorly” by all means have that opinion but it’s wrong 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Aarons has been fine and is still young and learning the ropes

He will learn from every game... that’s what it’s about this season for max

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That's a good way of looking at it! Must admit, thought it might get a bit messy the way the second half started but so pleased we got the goal we deserved. Will be a boost for Pukki and a nice little assist for Buendia, who had a (understandably) difficult evening. Loads of teams will get beaten more than 4-1 at Anfield this season. Really proud of them after a nightmare first thirty minutes.

I don't want to sound like I'm making scapegoats, but I think there were four Norwich players out there tonight who won't start many more games this season, and probably won't play next week (depending on Klose's fitness). 

We've got talented players waiting in the wings, and I think we'll be OK once we find strongest starting eleven.

What a really good game, we do have some brilliant youngsters, if they develop again this season we’ll have a very good season