lake district canary

Settle back, grab a beer, here we go......match thread :-)

7 minutes ago, king canary said:
18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No-one thought it would be easy. The championship certainly wasn't easy and neither will this be, but we have shown signs we can play at this level tonight and once at full strength and up to speed, we will give a good account of ourselves this season.

You said we'd finish 4th...

Blimey, give it a rest. This is the first game of the season!

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We've players to come in that will improve us in every department...zimmerman amadou leitner hernandez and arguably fahrmann...

Makes you wonder why some of them didn't start then?

At least my growing soft spot for Liverpool has gone already. Scouse twats!

It's depressingly predictable to see some familiar faces here tonight. spreading their wit and wisdom. And our tame Ipswich idiot as well. After one half, against the European Champions. Oh well. It's shaping up to be a pretty horrible evening but all that really matters is how we react against Newcastle next week and I think our team and the management have earnt a little more faith than some are showing here. We have been too open and pretty naive but we've also played some good stuff and pretty much everything Liverpool has hit has gone in (ie Salah, god knows how many shots against Man City last week, the first one against us goes in). It could get worse, in the scheme of things it doesn't really matter. Keep the faith and roll on next week.

(btw what exactly has Krull done wrong?)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Pretty much everything you've said on here tonight makes me feel the same. Good to see you again, it's been a while. 

Continue to bury your head in sand.  I haven't said any more than several other posters on this thread tonight, so presumably you feel the same way about them.  Or is it a case of playing the poster and not the post 😉

Do carry on though ...

2 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Why is Krul getting grief?

cant see he was at fault for any of the goals?

No reason . People expect you to keep a clean sheet against Europe's best at home. Then moan when we try to players for big money.

7 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Why is Krul getting grief?

cant see he was at fault for any of the goals?

It's the sign of those who don't really understand the game. If we concede a goal, they cannot see beyond the keeper. If we aren't scoring, it's the strikers fault etc.

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Just as typical for an attack against even a minor criticism on what is meant to be a discussion board! 

Maybe if you turned up during the good times and not just when we are struggling/losing to a bloody good team, people may take you a bit more seriously. Just a minor criticism.

Jamie Carracher is getting on my ****ing nerves. Pretty sure he just called Godfrey stupid 

On the plus side they seem to have slowed the pace down now!

As ever, Sky having Carragher commentating on a Liverpool game is in effect Liverpool TV. Very little research or balance amongst the pundits across many formats.

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Just as typical for an attack against even a minor criticism on what is meant to be a discussion board! 

Discussion is difficult if it just involves constant moaning and 'I told you so'. We have to look for the positives and learn from the mistakes. There are 37 more games but it seems some people are just reveling in the scoreline and berating players.

Last season we were playing well but not getting results until it clicked after the first derby. If Farke knows what he is doing, we'll get enough points to have a second season in one of the best leagues on the world and continue improving our game against the Champions of Europe. (The real ones)

f*** sake, I should’ve left it muted. Carragher just said he’s delighted we’ve scored. F*** off you t***