lake district canary

Settle back, grab a beer, here we go......match thread :-)

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Yes we could do with the extra pace someone like Roberts or Hernandez provides. 

Obviously hypothetical but with a full strength line up (Amadou in for Trybull, Klose in for Hanley) I don't think we're 3-0 down at this point.

No, as you say, some fortune about a couple of the goals too.

1 minute ago, JF said:

We have injuries in the centre back position and also a defensive midfielder waiting to come in

Come on, don't let reason get in the way of a good moan.

Some of our followers have had a quiet time in the last 12 months or so.

Hanley should have been sold and a prem quality CB purchased to sit alongside Zimmo - but those of us who said this got panned and told we were rotters. But tonight I feel totally vindicated in saying it 

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Hanley should have been sold and a prem quality CB purchased to sit alongside Zimmo - but those of us who said this got panned and told we were rotters. But tonight I feel totally vindicated in saying it 

Godfrey is a Premier League quality CB- think he's looked good tonight. 

Methinks Farkes team selection is about to bite his ****. The defending is atrocious and it is very evident where strengthening was required! A hiding we didn’t want today, it sets a precedent for all season, but it looks like it’s going to be. Disappointed very. 

• Haha 1

Just now, City 2nd said:

Methinks Farkes team selection is about to bite his ****. The defending is atrocious and it is very evident where strengthening was required! A hiding we didn’t want today, it sets a precedent for all season, but it looks like it’s going to be. Disappointed very. 

What would you change about the team selection?

We’ve been our own worst enemies here, own goal and two really poor defensive mistakes. We need to get through this and build from there. We have players waiting to come in and we won’t come up against this every week

4 minutes ago, JF said:

We have injuries in the centre back position and also a defensive midfielder waiting to come in

Yes, indeed we do, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.  In the previous 2 seasons at Championship level we leaked a lot of goals.  Also it was obvious to myself and many others that Hanley just isn't good enough for the PL, even as a backup.  This hasn't just crept up out of nowhere.

Think this is something of a wake up call for those who thought the step up from Championship to Premier League would be easy with our style of football. 

Just now, king canary said:

Think this is something of a wake up call for those who thought the step up from Championship to Premier League would be easy with our style of football. 

I think most people realised we were going to take some hidings this season.

It didn't take a genius to realise where our weakness lays. Last season was a clue.

Well I’m not going to say I told you so, but I’ve never seen such a static lump who hasn’t moved in the back four as Hanley! Hope Zimmermann comes back soon!

That said, we’ve been very good in patches and look decent going forward and control the ball.

Hopefully we can just escape with the 4.....

FFS they've only had 5 shots and scored 4. ALways thought this young defence would struggle. Yes we're going to have plenty of chances, but this defence is going to struggle most games (& it's the same defence that let so many soft goals in last season.

Let's hope Liverpool take foot off in second half. We need to survive this game some how and Newcastle is a different ball game altogether 

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Any chance of a power cut?

Lightning was forecast..... fingers crossed... LOL

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

and we have Man City and Chelsea coming up 😳

But also Newcastle 

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

No-one thought it would be easy. The championship certainly wasn't easy and neither will this be, but we have shown signs we can play at this level tonight and once at full strength and up to speed, we will give a good account of ourselves this season.

Not only have the defensive problems not been addressed with new personnel.  It also doesn't appear that they have been addressed with playing style or tactics.  Especially with the very strong statement from Farke that we'll keep playing the way we play.  Surely Farke can't keep playing so open especially against the best teams, we'll get cut to shreds, 3, 4, 5, 6 or more most weeks!

I think at some point, despite what Farke says, we won't play such open football.  Surely Farke has a plan b?

For those slating our defence, which players out of Aaron’s, Godfrey, Lewis and Zimmerman when back are we dropping? It’s a learning curve for these players and hopefully they will come through it stronger and better players. First game in and the ****ing moaning starts! 

• Like 4