lake district canary

Settle back, grab a beer, here we go......match thread :-)

5 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

And there'll be some activity from the "Krull is the Devil Incarnate (with dodgy footwork)" crew saying he should've done better.

I think you'd be hard pushed to claim he should have done better with either goal.

We look good going forward but at this level we'll be punished for little errors more often than we were last season- that second goal came from Trybull not knowing where the ball was and a lucky bounce.

Just now, king canary said:

I think you'd be hard pushed to claim he should have done better with either goal.

You tell the KITDIWDF crew that! :classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, king canary said:

We look good going forward but at this level we'll be punished for little errors more often than we were last season- that second goal came from Trybull not knowing where the ball was and a lucky bounce.

Yep - every bit of this. From what we've seen so far, we'll create plenty of chances and take some points off several teams.

Lots of possession, just a shame about the defensive frailty.

For me this game is showing just why we need Amadou in the team quickly- Trybull and McLean are just cut through too easily by players running at them.

• Like 2

The thing I like about Farke he does learn from his mistakes 

as soon as I read that team sheet a hammering was on the cards

lesson being always play your strongest available team 

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

The refusal to spend not looking quite so clever now is it. A long way to go but this is shocking defensively 

😂

I think it's time to park the bus, even if Farke says that's not our way - can't afford to get absolutely tonked on the first game of the season.

Jesus, it's gonna be a rugby score!

Where are those posters who aggressively attacked anyone who said that the defence needed strengthening????

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

For me this game is showing just why we need Amadou in the team quickly- Trybull and McLean are just cut through too easily by players running at them.

Amadou and Roberts the choice for me. Trybull has looked like a rabbit in the headlights tonight and looks like he thinks he has the same amount of time on the ball he had last year. I'm sure they will acclimatise, lets hope this game speeds up that process.

Weird and frustrating game. We've not been too bad, looked decent going forward but just made things difficult for ourselves at the back. One shanked clearance, one unlucky bounce and one set piece and suddenly we're on our way to and absolute hiding.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

This post could've come from any of the last 10 seasons!

This gave me a little giggle and a wry smile.

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Amadou and Roberts the choice for me. Trybull has looked like a rabbit in the headlights tonight and looks like he thinks he has the same amount of time on the ball he had last year. I'm sure they will acclimatise, lets hope this game speeds up that process.

Yes we could do with the extra pace someone like Roberts or Hernandez provides. 

Obviously hypothetical but with a full strength line up (Amadou in for Trybull, Klose in for Hanley) I don't think we're 3-0 down at this point.

Hanley won't be in the team as soon as Zimmerman is fit, Farmann may well replace Krul, and we bought Amadao for reason, so let's just get through this game and hopefully score one or two ourselves. 

• Like 2

Amadou for Trybull, anyone for Hanley, and the outlook is bright.

We are playing the Champions of Europe...

3 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Jesus, it's gonna be a rugby score!

Where are all those people who aggressively attacked anyone who said that the defence needed strengthening????

We have injuries in the centre back position and also a defensive midfielder waiting to come in