Sign in to follow this  
shyster

Fans kept in the dark - Again

Fowler, in Norwich to view property? Yeah right. [:$] We all know that Man City are keen for Ashton & that he is eager to go - his attitude toward being rightly substituted in the Burnley game speaks volumes in proof regarding the latter statement.

I don''t think i''m far off the mark by assuming that Worthers & co were considering an Ashton/Fowler part exchange deal, but the obvious flippancy of the former candidate made Worthers & co sharply decide otherwise.

Do these people really think we''re that green?

No I think you''re way off the mark. People say they saw Fowler locally, are these the same who saw Teddy Sheringham, Carl Cort and all manner of other players in the vicinity. Yesterday I saw three people who looked dead on like my sisters ex-boyfriend but none of them were.

The simple fact of the matter is Fowler is on wages which in six months could buy us a decent lower league player, plus he''s past it

[quote user="shyster"]

Fowler, in Norwich to view property? Yeah right. [:$] We all know that Man City are keen for Ashton & that he is eager to go - his attitude toward being rightly substituted in the Burnley game speaks volumes in proof regarding the latter statement.

I don''t think i''m far off the mark by assuming that Worthers & co were considering an Ashton/Fowler part exchange deal, but the obvious flippancy of the former candidate made Worthers & co sharply decide otherwise.

Do these people really think we''re that green?

[/quote]

Ashton got injured last night and was taken off because of that, and he looked hurt and trudged off as any player would when injured. 

My thoughts exactly - shame though coz a hungry Fowler with a real desire to prove his critics wrong would be a hell of a signing... coulda been a City legend.

Yes ashton might go, But if he reads some of the comments on here and other chat rooms he JUST MIGHT think Right, if they think i don''t want to play for this club i might as well go!

[quote user="Media Man"]Fowler is reportedly on a contract around £60 - £80K per week. How much would he expect at Norwich?[/quote]

Fowler would obviously expect & possibly except alot less, bearing in mind his age, the fact that no Premier side would want him and how much another Championship side, other than City, would pay him to see out his days as a pro footballer.

Property business & all, I think it''s pretty realistic to assume that Fowler would settle for whatever Huckerby is on.

But as to the reasons stated in my original post, I doubt it''ll happen now, but I wouldn''t mind betting that Worthers & co did have negotiations with Fowler.

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

Robbie Fowler can sod off!

I don''t want him here and i am sure thousands of others feel the same.

Why don''t we sign Stever McManaman as well?

[/quote]

I agree, i cannot see fowler are any other past it legend wanting to come down a league and play for norwich. his wages would be impossible and he would have less desire than jarret, who doesnt seem to want to return.

Robbie Fowler has done nothing since leaving Liverpool.

Since then he''s suffered weight and attitude problems and has hardly endeared himself to the fans of either Leeds or Man City.He''s also consistently injured and earns as much per week as half of our squad do collectively.

Yeah , sounds a real winner to me.

Mindless speculation and suddenly the Club are in the wrong!  Let''s not miss the chance to criticise our Club, eh?

"Fowler, in Norwich to view property? Yeah right. Embarrassed [:$]" -  So? I was at Ipswich train station yesterday, stone me. Im sure Fowler has been to other places on earth than Manchester in the last few years.

"We all know that Man City are keen for Ashton & that he is eager to go " - The proof being where?

"I don''t think i''m far off the mark by assuming that Worthers & co were considering an Ashton/Fowler part exchange deal, but the obvious flippancy of the former candidate made Worthers & co sharply decide otherwise." - I doubt that big time, since when was Fowler the type of player that Worthy signs? Besides are you seriously trying to suggest that we considered getting in Fowler, brought him all the way down to Norwich, then suddenly remembered when he got here that he isnt a very committed player.. Honestly do you really think that?

"Do these people really think we''re that green?" - Sorry but I really dont get this post. Fowler is allegedly spotted in Norwich, theres absolutely no evidence to suggest what he was upto. So we issue a very strict denial. Yet the club is still somehow blamed? The mind boggles..

[quote user="shyster"]

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/sport/football/manchestercity/s/192/192634_ipswich_confirm_fowler_bid.html

The binners are/were interested, so is it not feasible that Worthers & co are/were not?

I suggest you remove the blinkers awhile, Trent Canary.

[/quote]

Wow, strong evidence there ill give you that...

How about responding to the rest of the post, particularly "I doubt that big time, since when was Fowler the type of player that Worthy signs? Besides are you seriously trying to suggest that we considered getting in Fowler, brought him all the way down to Norwich, then suddenly remembered when he got here that he isnt a very committed player.. Honestly do you really think that?"

[quote user="shyster"]

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/sport/football/manchestercity/s/192/192634_ipswich_confirm_fowler_bid.html

The binners are/were interested, so is it not feasible that Worthers & co are/were not?

I suggest you remove the blinkers awhile, Trent Canary.

[/quote]

Just because that lot down the road are interested , why would it follow that we must be interested as well ? They have a history of overpaying players so he would probably fit their profile perfectly.Doesn''t mean he fits ours - get real.Theres no way on earth that Worthy would consider a player like Fowler for the exact reason that he stated - no hunger.Does make you question why he signed Jarrett - not sure what type of hunger he saw there...

Precisely Maverick, I didnt realize we based our transfer policy on what Ipswich do. Those blinkers of mine will have to stay on a little longer..

Hell, fowler and Sutton up front, I''m sure Gunn is dying for a spell back at City. I swear Zola was one of the dwarfs at the local panto too, must be sneaking his way in. I know Worthy doesn''t like them young but im sure he''d give them a chance.