Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

All aboard the 2019/20 season! Who’s up for it?

Will it be easy? No

Will Farke get the tactics right? Mostly I hope

Will we receive the occasional humbling thrashing? Possibly

Will we be up against some of the world’s best teams? Absolutely

Do we have the skill and strength to compete? Absolutely, we have earned the right to compete 

Will we stay behind our team this season, and give amazing support home and away even if we ultimately go down? ... I truly hope so.

Good luck everyone and enjoy the ride! OTBC

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Will we stay behind our team this season, and give amazing support home and away even if we ultimately go down? ... I truly hope so.

This.... I'm going nowhere! Backing the boys all the way. COYY.

• Like 1

So excited for the season to start. Currently in Hangzhou in China (awaiting a monster typhoon - don’t worry, safely holed up in the hotel) but have managed to VPN my way around the great firewall. Will be watching the game in the morning though as it’s a 3am kick off here.

COYFY

I cannot wait. I have no idea what to expect but the Club have my full and unerring support in the way they have approached things. I am so proud of the NCFC family at the moment and I really hope we confound the experts and have a terrific season. Even if we ultimately fail, though, I am glad we are trying something different. 

Edited by Chip20
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Do we have the skill and strength to compete? 

Will we stay behind our team this season, and give amazing support home and away even if we ultimately go down?

I was at the game last night and am completely hoarse this morning! The support was immense, especially in the immediate aftermath of conceding the goals.

One of the best away games I’ve been to. “Little old Norwich” were simply brilliant at times  

And we lost!  I keep having to remind myself because it feels like we won! So many positives and so proud ❤️❤️❤️

We are on our way to around mid table I think and we will be stylish with it.

Hi everyone,

I’m an evertonian and just wanted to say I was really impressed with the way your team played last night. Obviously Liverpool had their usual luck with the first two goals. You played some really nice stuff and I think you will surprise a lot of people this season. Really impressed with your two fullbacks but the player that stood out for me was Cantwell. He looks a serious talent. Anyway, good luck for the season I’ve always liked your club you are definitely where you belong. Proper fans who love their football 👍

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Evertonian said:

Hi everyone,

I’m an evertonian and just wanted to say I was really impressed with the way your team played last night. Obviously Liverpool had their usual luck with the first two goals. You played some really nice stuff and I think you will surprise a lot of people this season. Really impressed with your two fullbacks but the player that stood out for me was Cantwell. He looks a serious talent. Anyway, good luck for the season I’ve always liked your club you are definitely where you belong. Proper fans who love their football 👍

Cheers Evertonian. Good luck this season. And can we have our Naismith money back please? 

• Haha 1

On 09/08/2019 at 11:32, kick it off said:

So excited for the season to start. Currently in Hangzhou in China (awaiting a monster typhoon - don’t worry, safely holed up in the hotel) but have managed to VPN my way around the great firewall. Will be watching the game in the morning though as it’s a 3am kick off here.

COYFY

Give us a shout, KIO, and reassure us that the roof stayed on as the storm descended  (...but enough about the game, how about the typhoon etc etc)

4 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Give us a shout, KIO, and reassure us that the roof stayed on as the storm descended  (...but enough about the game, how about the typhoon etc etc)

All fine, typhoon largely seems to have missed us - lots of rain and some strong wind this morning but nothing crazy.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Cheers Evertonian. Good luck this season. And can we have our Naismith money back please? 

🤪. In all seriousness I don’t know what happened with him with you lot. He is a bit of a cult hero here. Scored some good goals for us and always grafted his **** off. Did a lot of work in the community here and donated money from his wages. We even clapped when he scored for you against us in the cup

9 hours ago, Evertonian said:

🤪. In all seriousness I don’t know what happened with him with you lot. He is a bit of a cult hero here. Scored some good goals for us and always grafted his **** off. Did a lot of work in the community here and donated money from his wages. We even clapped when he scored for you against us in the cup

We’ll call it quits for when you took Mike Walker 😂

• Haha 2

The OP was an aspiration at the start of the season.  Looking at it now with the benefit of hindsight, all the points are holding up so far.

Especially pleasing is the fact that we have proven we can compete, even though results are not always the right ones. And on the support front it’s fantastic how the players and Farke are supported during and after games, sometimes you would think we were in the top six! 

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season, let’s keep this amazing support going and if our enthusiasm and belief continues to transfer to the players then who knows what may happen!

OTBC

• Like 3

The most important thing if we go down is to keep the "togetherness". The cup games show that we have a seriously talented squad and even if we lose a couple we should be highly competitive next season. Lambert's gonna be gunning for us so all the more reason to stick together!