Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

Jacob Murphy

That will go down as one of the most astute players sales in the club's history. Great champs player but not enough end product. Reminds me of a younger Sterling before he made it big. 

In today's transfer market they'd probably have to pay £20m for a young play who didn't quite cut it in the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

As Norwich probably had a sell on clause and payments due relating to appearances then it is bad for Norwich as well. 

Good point

Josh looked the better player on premier league performances. However, it is increasingly looking like both will settle in the championship long term.

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Good luck to Jacob......

Yes. Nothing but full respect for the Murphy twins. They are a fantastic example for the merits of our academy which could well have influenced the signings of the current youngsters in the first team as well as some to come. Maybe even the signing of Maddison. 

Proud of them both and wish them every success. 

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

As Norwich probably had a sell on clause and payments due relating to appearances then it is bad for Norwich as well. 

True but we got the best fees that The Murphys will probably generate.

Good luck to the lad. Wednesday aren't a bad side and presumably have hopes of a play off place at least. 

I Still Think they can come good Newcastle is a funny team and Club at The Moment , 

I Think they both need a really good run of games and they will find their old form 

Was talking to a Cardiff chap on holiday and Josh seems to be at the same level as when he left us in relation to his tracking back and decision making,so with him also sold at the right time

We sold Jacob for, what was then, silly money, off the back of a decent but not spectacular, half season in the championship. I’m not surprised he hasn’t made it in the prem yet, as we wasn’t anywhere near that standard when he left.