Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

25/1 to win at Liverpool

Mad price to win a single game of football! Also You can lay Liverpool on Betfair exchange at 1.17 

I got 23/1 a couple of weeks ago so I've had another small flutter. Also had a very small bet on the draw at 8/1 in case the Scousers get a last minute equaliser. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JF said:

Mad price to win a single game of football! Also You can lay Liverpool on Betfair exchange at 1.17 

Yep, you'd be far better laying Liverpool at 1.17 with say £50 (your liability then is only £7) and cashing out for a decent little profit if it's 0-0 at half time. Or even wait longer into the second half if your nerves hold!

Boring but you're then not gambling but using your head.

A similar bet though at £7 for us to win at 25/1 would also deliver a nice half time profit if the score was still 0-0 with a cash out.

Edited by sonyc

Just now, sonyc said:

Yep, you'd be far better laying Liverpool at 1.17 with say £50 (your liability then is only £7) and cashing out for a decent little profit if it's 0-0 at half time. Or even wait longer into the second half of your nerves hold!

Boring but you're then not gambling but using your head.

A similar bet though at £7 for us to win at 25/1 would also deliver a nice half time profit if the score was still 0-0 with a cash out.

👍🏻. Exactly what I’ve done. Am hoping to trade out for a decent profit as long as we hold out for long enough. If we don’t then the liability is fairly small anyway 

2 minutes ago, JF said:

👍🏻. Exactly what I’ve done. Am hoping to trade out for a decent profit as long as we hold out for long enough. If we don’t then the liability is fairly small anyway 

Will do similarly but possibly stay in up to 30 minutes!

Only c. 25% of goals are scored in the first half hour in matches. Liverpool though might be another matter!

Money to be made by cashing out.

Dont put your bet on in one lump, four or five separate bets to make up the wager, then you can cash out small parts of your total bet as the game progresses and keep a bet back for the final result.

Thanks all. I suppose we will lose but 25/1 is the most ridiculous odds I have ever seen for a Premier League game. If it was 15/1 I would have kept my money in my pocket as usual 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Money to be made by cashing out.

Dont put your bet on in one lump, four or five separate bets to make up the wager, then you can cash out small parts of your total bet as the game progresses and keep a bet back for the final result.

You’d be better off using the exchanges for this method rather than the bookies cash out which is there to benefit them and not you. what you’re suggesting is basically football trading, ie placing a bet with a view to trade out when the price changes in your favour. 

3 minutes ago, JF said:

You’d be better off using the exchanges for this method rather than the bookies cash out which is there to benefit them and not you. what you’re suggesting is basically football trading, ie placing a bet with a view to trade out when the price changes in your favour. 

Never used the exchanges and dont know how it works, Ive done prety well punting as above but if there is a better way then Im all ears👍

Edited by Van wink

15 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Never used the exchanges and dont know how it works, Ive done prety well punting as above but if there is a better way then Im all ears👍

Basically what you’ve described is football trading on the exchanges. An example of this would be backing over 1.5 goals in a match on 65 minutes when its 0-0 with the opinion that a goal is imminent, if that goal comes in good time the lay price on 1.5 goals will drop significantly meaning you can then lay at a much lower price and guarantee equal profit if there is another goal or not. If you’ve done well using the method that you’ve described then the exchange is the place to execute it.

on this Liverpool match if you layed Liverpool (bet against) at the price of 1.17 the longer the game went 0-0 the higher their back price would rise, or if the unimaginable happened and we took the lead it would rise even higher. When their back price reaches a high enough point you can then place a back bet which would guarantee profit whatever the outcome 

Edited by JF
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/liverpool-v-norwich/winner

Shouldn't encourage people to bet but Coral is offering 25/1 on us to win at Liverpool. It may have changed by the time you read this 

I try and access betting sites (which i never do) but mobile, tablet and PC say no. Any idea why? I fancy a little bet for Friday

4 hours ago, Harry53 said:

I try and access betting sites (which i never do) but mobile, tablet and PC say no. Any idea why? I fancy a little bet for Friday

Ask your Mum to take off the parental lock?

11 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Are you using EE? I seem to remember when I used them they had some sort of filtering by default and you had to request it to be lifted. I guess other networks might do something similar.

16 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Are you using EE? I seem to remember when I used them they had some sort of filtering by default and you had to request it to be lifted. I guess other networks might do something similar.

I'm with EE and haven't had any problems. As someone else has said, sounds like a parental lock. If you want an answer try looking at a really naughty site to see if it's blocked. 

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Ask your Mum to take off the parental lock?

My mum???lol i am 65 and she left us 6 years ago. I could try and contact her i guess!!!

1 hour ago, Harry53 said:

My mum???lol i am 65 and she left us 6 years ago. I could try and contact her i guess!!!

Sorry buddy, a poor attempt at a cheap joke, apologies again. 

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm with EE and haven't had any problems. As someone else has said, sounds like a parental lock. If you want an answer try looking at a really naughty site to see if it's blocked. 

I think that’s known as a Pete Townsend excuse - “it was only for research purposes”.

• Haha 1

Damn.  I bet at 16/1 a few weeks ago, as soon as I recovered from choking on the vitriol that such disrespectful odds gave me.  

Yes, Liverpool are an excellent side, and we're newly promoted, but the bookies could have their @rses hanging out the window with this one, because we're not a 25/1 shot.

What's the actual record for longest odds for a team to win in the Premier League?  This must be close, surely?  

1 minute ago, Orly said:

Damn.  I bet at 16/1 a few weeks ago, as soon as I recovered from choking on the vitriol that such disrespectful odds gave me.  

Yes, Liverpool are an excellent side, and we're newly promoted, but the bookies could have their @rses hanging out the window with this one, because we're not a 25/1 shot.

What's the actual record for longest odds for a team to win in the Premier League?  This must be close, surely?  

I regularly look at the odds but rarely bet. I just look for games where I think the bookies may have got it wrong. I don't think I've ever seen 25/1 being offered on a Premier League game before. I think we'll lose and I wouldn't argue with 15/1 but like you I think 25/1 is nonsense 

Norwich an' Norfolk pubs, clubs, bars and bazaars will be rammed tomorrow night......I hope at the full-time whistle, their floors aren't festooned with worthless and torn betting slips......But are safely tucked in cheering punters wallets, pockets, handbags an' purses......and the bookies chins an' knuckles, are dragging on the ground.....

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Sorry buddy, a poor attempt at a cheap joke, apologies again. 

No need to apologise. I thought it was funny

25 /1  will look Even Better if Liverpool get a man sent off after 10 mins !! football is a funny game 25/1 is Crazy 

Edited by norfolkngood