is all over for Alex unfortunately  and I believe Tettey too fragile last months and missing all pre season make this transfer must.

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

is all over for Alex unfortunately  and I believe Tettey too fragile last months and missing all pre season make this transfer must.

Fragile??!! I don't think so. As I said above, I can see games where he & Ibrahim will start in MF.

14 minutes ago, Boris said:

This. 

Fragile??!! I don't think so. As I said above, I can see games where he & Ibrahim will start in MF.

I think we will have to wait and see where Ibrahim fits into the scheme. If he is another Alex then I don't see two of them together at the expense of a passing DM.

21 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think we will have to wait and see where Ibrahim fits into the scheme. If he is another Alex then I don't see two of them together at the expense of a passing DM.

I can foresee some situations where we might want to go 3 at the back with Alex & Ibrahim as twin DMs with something like Emi as the outlet with Onel & Teemu also ratting back with Max & Jamal ready to break forward. Or Ibrahim as one of the back 3 with Mo/Mario/Tom alongside Alex.

The possibilities are endless!

Yes needed steel in the middle.

But has he been guaranteed "starts" to sign ? It'll be interesting to see how Amadou performs going forward. With a couple of days to go before Liverpool - should he be put in the team ? I mean that's why we signed him for right ? So we don't get overrun by the "big" teams. No sense leaving him out Friday, Trybull & Co performing well against Liverpool - why would we need to play him against Newcastle ? Horses for courses ?  Many neutrals, workmates, etc compared our play to that of Barcelona last season, which is why we're so excited about this coming season. We don't want to swap that for "Tony Pulis Stoke" with two holding midfielders. If we want Barcelona Vrancic & Leitner need to be in the team, so very much horses for courses. Like I said haven't seen him perform going forward so not bagging him before I've see him play.

I don't think that he'll be guaranteed starts, I don't know how fit he is or how his summer preparation has gone, also I can't see DF/SW dropping him straight into the side after saying that they'd give the players who got us up a chance. 

Ultimately, it's Trybull's position to lose, get any kind of result at Anfield and he keeps it in my book. 

Not being considered for Friday according to the local wireless, no surprise really as they will have worked on a system all week and the bloke will hardly have trained with us. 

For me he is a starter from the Newcastle game.

I can also see our style not changing if we had TT or AT along side him as our full backs would bomb forward.

It would mean Vrancic may play ahead of them a bit in a 3 and he can spray passes to Buendia, Pukki and Onel.

But I do think he will mainly play as our DM option alongside Leitner in are preferred set up as last season. I just feel he has the attributes to help us change formation but not our attacking style.

May be seen as harsh on TT but if you bring in quality competition, it means a battle for the start. I believe if you also being in better quality then you need them to start more often than not.

Really looking forward to seeing him play, as it is the type of player in that role that we have been missing for years.