13 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

All I can hear on my head is Olivia Newton John singing Ibrahim's name to Xanadu. 

A million fans are chanting and there you are, a shooting star
(An everlasting world and you're here with me, so dare to be)
Amadou, Amadou
(Now you are here) at Carrow Road
Amadou, Amadou
(Now you are here) at Carrow Road
Amadou, our yellow scarves will wave for you, Amadou

I can't think of what to replace the second line with.

Interesting that the official club article also references his ability to play at centre back. A very good piece of business imo, not sure about Friday but hopefully can add a bit of steel to the DM position and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see him slot into a back three once or twice this season as well.

Great to see us signing that DM.....

I was at work and was asked a very good question.

If we have a buyout clause should we stay up at the quote 9.5 million, if he has an exceptional season and Leicester come calling for him, can Saville say no to our transfer or do we pay the difference and sell for massive profit? 

A good question I can’t say I know the answer too.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

If we have a buyout clause should we stay up at the quote 9.5 million, if he has an exceptional season and Leicester come calling for him, can Saville say no to our transfer or do we pay the difference and sell for massive profit? 

Sevilla have to sell him to us for the agreed price (€9m, allegedly) if we want him (assuming this an option to buy and not an obligation). If we then want to sell him on to Leicester for £25m or whatever, that's our business.

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sevilla have to sell him to us for the agreed price (€9m, allegedly) if we want him (assuming this an option to buy and not an obligation). If we then want to sell him on to Leicester for £25m or whatever, that's our business.

I did think that’s the case, so even if he’s a flop, and we stay up I assume we’re obligated to buy? 

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

can Saville say no to our transfer 

Slightly worried that your predictive text turned him into Saville

• Haha 5

50 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Be interesting to see if he’s in the squad on Friday given that he’s been straight in for training this morning - I would have thought he’d have flown immediately straight back to Spain to sort a few things out otherwise. Maybe he’s got a couple of days to impress? I love TT’s technicality, but I do think against Liverpool we’ll need a bit of muscle and pace which Amadou has in abundance.

I'm sure that Archant, with their tongue so far up Old Buckenham Airfield's exhaust pipe, could arrange for a dodgy plane with an un-certificated pilot to fly him back tonight and get him back in time for the bus to Liverpool.

Just delighted we have a player who can perform at a high level, after being at Lille and Sevilla. He may have seen opportunities disappear but after some settling in he will be a starter.

I expect he will be on the bench for Liverpool and I would expect him to be a starter for Newcastle at home.

He knows the role he is being asked to do and therefore with a slight point to prove, I think he has the situation to be very successful.

Just occurred to me that when playing some of the top teams we could deploy Alex & Ibrahim in midfield. The latter looks to have the ability to get up & down the pitch & be a more powerful player than Tom.

It certainly gives us a lot of MF options. It's brilliant!

I'm actually getting a bit concerned we're signing too many players now (though this one is welcome). The last thing we want to do is destroy the superb team spirit & telepathic passing that gave us such success last season.

Edited by ron obvious
Mistake!

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I did think that’s the case, so even if he’s a flop, and we stay up I assume we’re obligated to buy? 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Completely dependent on what the contract between the clubs says.

As there are freedom of movement/right to work issues, you probably can’t just restrict the selling club from accepting all other offers (as you might be able with, say, property or goods). 

In this case, as I understand it, the selling club must accept an offer of £9 mil (or whatever the agreed amount is)  from us next summer, if we want to offer that much. If we don’t want to offer that much, we don’t have to - but the selling club won’t have to accept. 

So if Leicester offer 12mil and Derby offer 6 mil, they can probably accept both bids. We could then bid 6 mil as well but they could reject it. If we bid 9mil, they would have to accept. It would then be down to the player to agree terms with whoever he wants.

I don’t think this is the case for Amadou, but you could potentially have a right of first refusal where it’s agreed that the selling club must accept an offer from us if we match any other offer they receive. So if Leicester offer 12mil, they would have to accept 12mil from us. If Derby offered 6, the selling club could accept it, but they would also have to accept 6mil from us. Again it would then come down to who the player agreed terms with.

You might also have an agreement that says we have to buy him at the end of the loan, in which case everything is agreed and if he’s terrible this season then tough luck. We’d have then presumably agreed personal terms with the player already ready to sign him next year. With us being a side with a risk of relegation, I’d guess we probably haven’t got any obligation to buy the player as that would make it rather pointless - presumably half the point of loaning him is that we don’t risk having a huge wage bill for 3-5 years if we go down. 

4 minutes ago, Aggy said:

As there are freedom of movement/right to work issues, you probably can’t just restrict the selling club from accepting all other offers (as you might be able with, say, property or goods). 

In this case, as I understand it, the selling club must accept an offer of £9 mil (or whatever the agreed amount is)  from us next summer, if we want to offer that much. If we don’t want to offer that much, we don’t have to - but the selling club won’t have to accept. 

So if Leicester offer 12mil and Derby offer 6 mil, they can probably accept both bids. We could then bid 6 mil as well but they could reject it. If we bid 9mil, they would have to accept. It would then be down to the player to agree terms with whoever he wants.

Not true. It doesn't matter if Leicester offer £12m- if we activate our option, he's ours. If we then want to sell him to Leicester, that's completely independent of the deal we did with Sevilla.

So what if the player doesn’t want to join us? They force him to come here?

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I'm sure that Archant, with their tongue so far up Old Buckenham Airfield's exhaust pipe, could arrange for a dodgy plane with an un-certificated pilot to fly him back tonight and get him back in time for the bus to Liverpool.

I would imagine that if he’s straight into Farke’s thoughts then he would take part in training tomorrow also, and fly back on Saturday for a couple of days before resuming training for the Newcastle game next week?

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sevilla and Amadou have already agreed the deal. It's just up to us to trigger it.

Fair enough. If the player has already agreed terms then yes that would work. 

I’m not sure I’d have agreed terms with us in advance if I were him - if he has a great season on loan here he could almost certainly get more money elsewhere. What with  player power nowadays, I suppose realistically if he kicked up a fuss and made it abundantly clear he didn’t want to move here then we just wouldn’t trigger the option if we didn’t want an unhappy player around.

I wonder how many of these sorts of deals get re-negotiated when it comes down to it. There are so many variables that could change over the space of a year.

3 minutes ago, Aggy said:

I’m not sure I’d have agreed terms with us in advance if I were him - if he has a great season on loan here he could almost certainly get more money elsewhere. What with  player power nowadays, I suppose realistically if he kicked up a fuss and made it abundantly clear he didn’t want to move here then we just wouldn’t trigger the option if we didn’t want an unhappy player around.

I wonder how many of these sorts of deals get re-negotiated when it comes down to it. There are so many variables that could change over the space of a year.

Chances are Norwich would trigger the deal and then sell him on at a profit, but yes, there are lots of things that could change between now and next summer. 

Jeez lads, ye of little faith. SW will have negotiated all the above scenarios and ticked each one off before signing off on the deal. I very much doubt he'd allow us to be mugged off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Am-a-dou, dou, dou, covers every blade of grass,

Am-a-dou, dou, dou, he can tackle and can pass,

To the left, to the right, up and down and to the wings,

At Carrow Road, every week, we've got super Ibrahim...

Whichever one gets used, a song to the tune of Agadoo has to be done.

If I hear a single #ncfc fan start any song involving pushing a pineapple or shaking a tree for our new signing all hell will break loose at Carrow road, you've been warned

😀
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lappinitup said:
If I hear a single #ncfc fan start any song involving pushing a pineapple or shaking a tree for our new signing all hell will break loose at Carrow road, you've been warned

😀

It’s pretty good fit! It’s going to happen Lapps!

Been at work all day so haven't had a chance to read all posts, but have 

Amadou ! You can't get past him if you wanted to

Amadou! Bigger , stronger and faster than you

To the Tune  of Abba's  Waterloo!  going round in my head all day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

It’s pretty good fit! It’s going to happen Lapps!

9 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

😀

Who shook your tree ? 

It must be Jason Lee

I know that cos he

Has a PINEAPPLE  on his head?!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Very pleased with this particularly with Alex probably moving on next year. He looks like a really good fit. Well done City.

We all love Alex, but i really can't see him getting much game time.