Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

What Positions need strengthening? and who can we buy?

The January transfer windows close to opening and how many players do we need to bring in and who could come in and do a job

I believe that even if ashton goes we need another striker because mckenzie, hendo and jarvis arent good enough, we need at leastanother defender, centre half /right back because colin is poor at the moment, louis jean is always injured and we only have 3 centre halfs of which 1 hasnt played for months. I also reckon we need 2 midfielders on top of etuhu. Safri, Hughes, jarret are the only recognised midfielders. Charlton cant cope in midfield 2, Rossi J isnt yet good enough, and jarret doesnt want to be here. Safri, and hughes are going to missing untill february/march respectively. We need a wide player and a class centre midfielder

DC      Davenport (loan)

Dr      Wright or thomas at stoke

MC   Michael brown? (loan probably)

Wide   Kris Commons

striker   Trundle plus a big name if ashton goes. (raziak, sutton loan, )

I think we should sell jarret because he doesnt want to be here, get rid of brennan and maybe even thorne, also loan out Both jarvis'' and hendo with the option to recall if necessary.

Your thoughts.

Attacking midfielder- Giles Coke.

Centre Back- Gabriel Zakuani. leyton orient, good backup.

Striker-McSheffrey.

Right back - David Wright or John Halls

Right Wing - Jan Kristiansen

Centre mid - Dont really know, Giles Coke or Micheal Brown

Left midfield - Kris Commons

Centre forward - shouldnt need one

Mcsheffery would be a good signing, but not a replacement for ashton. Can we all please give up hope of signing jan bloody kristiansen. Is coke an attacking midfielder? he could certainly fizz up are midfield.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Right back - David Wright or John Halls

Right Wing - Jan Kristiansen

Centre mid - Dont really know, Giles Coke or Micheal Brown

Left midfield - Kris Commons

Centre forward - shouldnt need one[/quote]

Sorry

Thanks northern, Halls was the one i meant from stoke after seeing thomas im glad i got the name wrong.

I agree in that we need another right back.

Colin looks like he has potencial but does look a bit shakey. Louis Jean has looked crap and made mistakes when he has played at right back and he is always injured, i wish we could get shot of him.

John Halls is out of contract at the end of the season and has refused to sign a new deal so i reckon £500k could snap him up, only trouble is some Prem clubs were monitoring his situation. We have been linked with him in the past so i would not rule him out.

If were not going to offer new contracts to Jarvis and Hendo then i would put them on the transfer list to free up wages for new faces.

A wide right player has been sorely needed for a few seasons, as witnessed by a series of strikers who have played there. The consequence is a right fullback who is over-exposed at times, and a midfield short in numbers and quality.Given that we look as if a 3 man midfield may be becoming a preferred option, in order to allow three up front to score, an alternative would be a more creative central midfielder, so that Safri and the newcomer can play the ball out of defence and set up chances.The third addition would have to be a right back/central defender. Apart from Shackle''s injury/illness, we have been generally fortunate with the fitness of the centre-backs, but for how much longer?If, as expected Ashton goes, then we shall need at least one striker.Who should we sign?There are a few wingers around, and names have been mentioned above.Creative midfielders of quality are few. Perhaps we have to lower our targets a little and settle for someone who is comfortable on the ball and can pass straight!If Shackle continues to be unwated or unavailable, then we could do a lot worse than Davenport, with Flem at right back.For strikers I would suggest Matthew Wyatt, young but in the Ashton mould. We may have to take a gamble with someone from a lower division, but then if Ashton has gone we are not looking at promotion this year but doing some team-building.

David Wright - excellent at going forward - solid in defence
Robinson - has contributed to changing us into an attacking instead of defensive team
Eastwood - good super sub material

I don''t think we need to waste money on Davenport, Shackell should take this place. As for Commons -would love to see him come here, but there is no chance. He''s Forest through and through, and I doubt will go unless he gets a big name offer.

If we are going to continue with 4 3 3 then a right winger is less of a necessity. We basically need a clear out and a re-stock as there is too much dead wood around.

I think McSheffrey would be an excellent purchase regardless of whether Ashton leaves or not. We have some deadwood upfront (i.e. Thorne and Leon) and McSheffrey seems to score all the itme even though Cov are useless.

[quote user="Tufnell Park Canary"]I think McSheffrey would be an excellent purchase regardless of whether Ashton leaves or not. We have some deadwood upfront (i.e. Thorne and Leon) and McSheffrey seems to score all the itme even though Cov are useless.[/quote]

Wheres all this hatred for leon coming from!!! He was out of sorts at the start of the season - due to his divorce - one of the most stressful things that can happen to a person, but apart from that has been a valuable member of the squad since arriving here - fans are so fickle!!!  it was ashton 2 weeks ago now leon is getting it.  It took a great save from the goalie saturday to deny him..

if he scores saturday what will happen to all these leon haters just like the anti deano mob 2 eweeks ago - he scores goals and would not be cheaply replaced.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="Tufnell Park Canary"]I think McSheffrey would be an excellent purchase regardless of whether Ashton leaves or not. We have some deadwood upfront (i.e. Thorne and Leon) and McSheffrey seems to score all the itme even though Cov are useless.[/quote]

Wheres all this hatred for leon coming from!!! He was out of sorts at the start of the season - due to his divorce - one of the most stressful things that can happen to a person, but apart from that has been a valuable member of the squad since arriving here - fans are so fickle!!!  it was ashton 2 weeks ago now leon is getting it.  It took a great save from the goalie saturday to deny him..

if he scores saturday what will happen to all these leon haters just like the anti deano mob 2 eweeks ago - he scores goals and would not be cheaply replaced.

[/quote]

Nobody hates him, we cant understand why he is so worshiped when really he hasnt done that much. It seems just because he scored against the scum he can do no wrong. Ashton, hughes and robinson have all been criticized some times rightly but have been better than leon i am afraid, if hughes'' luton goal was versus ipswich some would be talking about it for weeks, because it was V luton it was forgotton about in days.

if deano goes, get rasiak in here pronto - he''s tall, skilful and can score at this level, he''d link up great with hucks and wly.right wing - get bradley wright-phillips here on loan from man city.sorry, but brennan in an unconvincing midfielder for me,robbo is good left sided midfielder - get him here.then one between either jarrett or dicko.

David Wright is involved with the wigan first team and was sent to us to get fit and keep sharp.. doubt we have much of a chance of signing him im sad to say.

jas :)

Charlton have been linked with Ashton. If we got Lisbie, Johanson and Holland plus money that wouldn''t be so bad would it?

Also does anyone know anything about De La Cruz at Villa. International defender desperate for a new club but I''ve never seen him play.

Clearly we need more numbers in midfield but where can you find a quality midfielder without spending serious money. I actually can''t think of a better option than acquiring lots of hughes, robinson etc. some of them will click and some of them won''t.

[quote user="Unthank Road"]

Charlton have been linked with Ashton. If we got Lisbie, Johanson and Holland plus money that wouldn''t be so bad would it?

Also does anyone know anything about De La Cruz at Villa. International defender desperate for a new club but I''ve never seen him play.

Clearly we need more numbers in midfield but where can you find a quality midfielder without spending serious money. I actually can''t think of a better option than acquiring lots of hughes, robinson etc. some of them will click and some of them won''t.

[/quote]

Lisbie and johansen, no way. Lisbie is crap and johansen must be nearly 30 and has never scored consistent goals. A big fee plus holland would be good though.