Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Wayne Rooney’s Derby County.

He's washed up and has been for years. He's been decent in the MLS, but that's basically pub league standard. Hasn't scored more than 12 in a season for 6 years. Hasn't been able to stay fit for a season for 6 years - missed at least 25% of every season since then. This will be as successful as Ashley Cole was.

In coaching terms, it makes tonnes of sense - who wouldn't want a thick as sh**, drink driving, granny sha**er, who showed a hooker scans of his unborn baby after shagging her behind his wife's back.... influencing their kids?

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

He's washed up and has been for years. He's been decent in the MLS, but that's basically pub league standard. Hasn't scored more than 12 in a season for 6 years. Hasn't been able to stay fit for a season for 6 years - missed at least 25% of every season since then. This will be as successful as Ashley Cole was.

In coaching terms, it makes tonnes of sense - who wouldn't want a thick as sh**, drink driving, granny sha**er, who showed a hooker scans of his unborn baby after shagging her behind his wife's back.... influencing their kids?

Since 2018, he’s actually scored 25 goals in 45 appearances for DC United, so whilst hardly being the Prem, I’m sure he’ll still do the business in the Championship. Only time will tell of course, but I think that’s not a bad signing for County myself.

I think Rooney will do well, never really had pace to lose so can see him doing well.

The MLS has improved alot, having said that kei kamara is still scoring goals so it can't be that high in quality 

Stupid move from Derby. 

Either get him in pre season like the rest and make him a genuine player signing.

Dont bring him in in January. What if Derby are bottom half? Management team under pressure and then Rooney comes in. Where does he sit within the coaching team? I cant imagine the manager didnt bring the staff he wanted with him to begin with. 

Sounds like an easy way to cause disruption to a season.

• Like 1

i imagine he will drop deeper in midfield and pull the strings he will be class in the championship he quality / experience  and skill is far more than any other player in that division 

6 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Since 2018, he’s actually scored 25 goals in 45 appearances for DC United, so whilst hardly being the Prem, I’m sure he’ll still do the business in the Championship. Only time will tell of course, but I think that’s not a bad signing for County myself.

So exactly what I said. Decent in a pub league. Missing 1/3 of both MLS seasons because he’s a crock

23 minutes ago, kick it off said:

So exactly what I said. Decent in a pub league. Missing 1/3 of both MLS seasons because he’s a crock

I think what you are saying KIO, is that he’s washed up and not a good signing for Derby, that’s how I read your initial post? And what I’m thinking is that he will be a decent signing for Derby. We shall see. Also, Ashley Cole is about 6 or 7 years older than him too, so I’d hazard a guess he’s even a little more past his sell by date than Rooney.

I wonder if it is connected to Spud-u-like going bankrupt

health-beauty-football-premiership-wayne

Lot of cynics on here, but he may just what Derby need to be the experienced dressing room talisman - and his ability in terms of vision and technique have always been up there with the best.