Hey guys,

I am new to the forum so firstly hello!

I am interested in getting a standard membership as the premier memberships are no longer on sale.

I was just wondering if anyone else here has a standard membership? if so what are the chances of actually getting
tickets?

I would want tickets for me and my son.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sadly I wouldn’t bother. I have a premier membership and failed to get a ticket for either home game so far, despite logging on at 9am on the dot as soon as they became available.

Based on how sales went for the first two home games I would say the chances are low. It will be interesting to see how sales go as the season progresses.

Quick bit of maths - Capacity 27,200 minus 21,500 season tickets sold = 5700 seats available minus away tickets sold (if you say the away team brings at least 1000 fans) the most you are looking at is 4700 seats being available, plus a few via the buyback scheme. Given that there are at least 6000 Premier Members who get the first chance to buy tickets and I assume there is no limit on how many they can buy you can see that it is very unlikely that Standard Members or Season Ticket holders will get a look in........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Cheers for your replies guys. I know they aren't selling season tickets now but is there a waiting list or anything for next season? 

1 hour ago, TCCANARY said:

Does the buy back scheme still operate?

It definitely did last season as we had to use it once.

I'm hoping it does again this season as we have a baby due later this year and I was kinda relying on that as a stress free way to sort out the games I can't go to when the small person arrives!

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Based on how sales went for the first two home games I would say the chances are low. It will be interesting to see how sales go as the season progresses.

Quick bit of maths - Capacity 27,200 minus 21,500 season tickets sold = 5700 seats available minus away tickets sold (if you say the away team brings at least 1000 fans) the most you are looking at is 4700 seats being available, plus a few via the buyback scheme. Given that there are at least 6000 Premier Members who get the first chance to buy tickets and I assume there is no limit on how many they can buy you can see that it is very unlikely that Standard Members or Season Ticket holders will get a look in........

Not trying to sound too pedantic but I believe Lewisky116's chance are less than this Faded.

Capacity is 27,200 but roughly 100 are left for the separation between away and home support. 

We have 22,000 season ticket holders capped at that level, with an away capacity of roughly 2400 maximum I believe for the largest support, if they take them (Newcastle returned a few).

That leaves approximately 2600 available tickets per match. Then there are the tickets for staff and players guests, corporate and promotional tickets and probably a few thrown in various competitions.

All in all, it leaves very little for the casual supporter or various class of membership. 

I would suggest there is absolutely no chance unless you are a priority member of getting a ticket through the office the usual way. However, a few spankings along the way may temper the spirit in some to come to Carrow Rd.

What a time to be alive!

3 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

It definitely did last season as we had to use it once.

I'm hoping it does again this season as we have a baby due later this year and I was kinda relying on that as a stress free way to sort out the games I can't go to when the small person arrives!

Firstly congratulations on your event later this year. When baby arrives you may as well return your season ticket as you'll be too tired to go 🙂

More seriously I'd avoid the buy back scheme if you possible can. It's a rip off. It won't be stress free as there's a degree of trust involved but could easily sell a spare ticket on here for several times what you'll get from buy back. It can all be done via PM.

Talking of trust I know someone who used buy back a few seasons ago and didn't get the approriate credit on the following season ticket so that was hardly stress free.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

but could easily sell a spare ticket on here for several times what you'll get from buy back

Touting then.Nice.

23 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Eh ?

Buy back price = £10.

Sell it on here at facevalue = £30 = several times buyback allowance = eco-friendly ' touting '.

my mistake, apologies Smitho.

I am finding it a bit costly (and then some!)

I have a Premier membership and managed to secure a Newcastle ticket. No such luck for the Chelsea game, so I have purchased through StubHub for £80. Ouch! Bit niggling that someone is making money out of me.

Liverpool away was worse. I missed the chance to buy through normal channels, so bought through another booking agency for, wait for it, £186. Too much, but I have a particular reason for needing to be there. The vendor called me this morning and I have to meet him after the game to return his (Liverpool) membership ticket.

To add insult to injury, I contacted the club today for Away Membership only to find they stopped selling them on Friday.

Poorer, wiser, and looking forward to Anfield.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have you got the Chelsea ticket yet and where is it for in the ground ?

Just looked on the site and the tickets they are offering for sale are South Stand G Block right in the middle of the away fans !

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just looked on the site and the tickets they are offering for sale are South Stand G Block right in the middle of the away fans !

I would advise against wearing a new replica shirt 

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Firstly congratulations on your event later this year. When baby arrives you may as well return your season ticket as you'll be too tired to go 🙂

More seriously I'd avoid the buy back scheme if you possible can. It's a rip off. It won't be stress free as there's a degree of trust involved but could easily sell a spare ticket on here for several times what you'll get from buy back. It can all be done via PM.

Talking of trust I know someone who used buy back a few seasons ago and didn't get the approriate credit on the following season ticket so that was hardly stress free.

Haha thanks Smithy.

My experience with buy back last season went like a dream, however this was just a one-off of course. 

When it is a number of games it might be an idea to find a replacement myself. Be that asking the people sitting next to me if they know anyone, or throwing a post out on here I suppose. Worth a thought, good suggestion.

By the sounds of things with how the memberships are going, getting them taken won't be an issue...

And I'm not sure I can envisage a future where I give up the ST 😉 The missis however might not be so strong with hers!

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have you got the Chelsea ticket yet and where is it for in the ground ?

Good news - Print at Home and bang in the middle of K block in South Stand. Ticket shows the vendor's name and Supporter number. I have asked the ticket office  manager what the club's view is on reselling for profit, but no reply received thus far.

Bad news - actual cost works our at £106.62.

I hope it's a good game!

26 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Good news - Print at Home and bang in the middle of K block in South Stand. Ticket shows the vendor's name and Supporter number. I have asked the ticket office  manager what the club's view is on reselling for profit, but no reply received thus far.

Bad news - actual cost works our at £106.62.

I hope it's a good game!

Having spoken to Danny Casey a week or so ago when the issue was brought up on another thread of this happening i think that the vendor will have a ban heading his way and the ticket cancelled.

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Having spoken to Danny Casey a week or so ago when the issue was brought up on another thread of this happening i think that the vendor will have a ban heading his way and the ticket cancelled.

...but the won't know who the vendor is unless I tell them. Probability is that there are a significant number of people who have just bought so they can re-sell. I will tell the club if they ask, but may hesitate if it means losing the ticket and the £106.

I would suggest that if it is Block K there are very few casual tickets in there so discounting season ticket holders that would make the job for the club a little easier to find out who it is.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I would suggest that if it is Block K there are very few casual tickets in there so discounting season ticket holders that would make the job for the club a little easier to find out who it is.

I have no axe to grind. I just want to support the club home and away, but through ignorance missed the ST sale deadline and equally annoyingly the Away Premier membership deadline.

No axe to grind with you Pugin but people like this chap in K Block need exposing in my opinion.