Sign in to follow this  
OPP

Restricted view seat on wensum corner..?

Hi!

I am Norwich fan coming to match from Finland, looking for to see canaries win their opening against Newcastle. I got a seat in Wensum corner Row L but it looks like seat is having a restricted view (behind the corner pillar?). Do any of you guys know is it blocking the view badly (so you are not able to see what is happening in front of goal etc..?) or is the seat OK?

Thanks for your help,

OPP

Depending on exactly where you’re sitting it may block part of the goal or penalty area, but row L should be far enough back that it won’t spoil your view of the game too much.

Being a long  distance  supporter,  I've  occasionally had to take a restricted  view seat, once the game gets going  , I have often shifted to an empty seat, there's usually one two even if its 'sold out' , or found  a space somewhere near a gangway. A friendly chat with a steward  , big them up on what a great job they do, tell them how far you've  come etc etc. They'll  often help out. After all we all support  the same Club. Best of luck and welcome to a fine City.  Teemu Pukki Baby!!!

Edited by wcorkcanary
God, I can't spell

As WCorkcanary says OPP, rarely is our ground full on the opening few games of the season, despite it being 'sold out.' 

Give it 5 mins into the game and just move seats, you will be fine. Enjoy the game.

Thanks for your replies! Looking forward to match, hopefully will be a home win, and nice icing on a cake would be if our Finnish hero Pukki would score too.

Just some 'fan to fan' friendly advice.....First purchase some clear safety goggles from Screwfix or QD. Then you tape (with sellotape) a 'clean' lolly stick (vertically not laterally) and roughly centrally onto one of the clear safety goggle lenses.......This will help you prepare (and also hopefully acclimatise you) for the restricted view in the Wensum.  This (vertically) taped on lens lolly stick, will then simulate the corner pillar support of which will probably restrict your view of the game........Oh, and remember on matchday, don't wear the safety goggles with the taped on lolly stick as you'll otherwise then have a restricted, restricted view.......

I reiterate, it is imperative that you adhese the lolly stick vertically not laterally onto the lens.....otherwise you will have a tendency to watch the duration of the match with your head at an angle to your neck......