Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Jarvis and hendo

Does anyone know whats happening to those guys?I have always been desperate to see more of those 2, jarvis especially.I thought this season could have been his year, but injuries seem to have dented that, and to me it seems if their contracts do run out this summer that worthy wont renew them.As he never seems to play them, does anyone one know if for sure they run out this year?

Both would benefit from a spell on loan to a league1/2 club for the rest of the season...with a recall option if we have injuries. Id certainly give Jarvis a contract extension in the summer too.

Why don''t we make more use of the loan system in this way? Crow, for instance, could have been handled like this. Going further back, we have had young players who seem to get lost between the reserves and the first team and not make much progress eg Coote, Broughton, Hayes.  

Is it just beacause the squad is deemed too small? Is there a loan rule where you can''t recall players from a loan deal if you need to?

I noticed that Redknapp brought Pericard back from Sheff U recently so presumably it can be done?

Anyone know the current rules?

I think the truth is (unpallatable for some) that neither is  good enough for Norwich City Football Club.

Hendersen has not got any better over the last 3 seasons and Jarvis''s lack of first team opportunities suggest that he is not up to scratch.

Both will move on in the summer, or possibly in January to make way for new faces.