Sign in to follow this  
Skyrider

TALKSPORT SUPER COMPUTER

I see Alan Shearer has tipped us for the drop. Fair enough, he was never going to say Newcastle was he?, but I do wonder how much Championship football some of these Premier League pundits watch. I suspect very little indeed...

• Like 1

Just now, Alex Moss said:

I see Alan Shearer has tipped us for the drop. Fair enough, he was never going to say Newcastle was he?, but I do wonder how much Championship football some of these Premier League pundits watch. I suspect very little indeed...

Remember Ian Wright's in depth anlysis on one our goals the last time we were in the Premier.

"he passed to him and then his mate took over and this fellow scored"!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TCCANARY said:

Remember Ian Wright's in depth anlysis on one our goals the last time we were in the Premier.

Haha, the funny thing is that I was actually thinking about that very moment when I was typing my previous message. I don’t think he knew a single NCFC player!

52 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I doubt even Alan Shearer's dog pays any attention to him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I doubt even Alan Shearer's dog pays any attention to him. 

If I was Alan Shearer’s dog, I’d spend more time watching the Championship.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Haha, the funny thing is that I was actually thinking about that very moment when I was typing my previous message. I don’t think he knew a single NCFC player!

At least he won’t have to learn any new names this season then 😄

• Haha 1

Ian Wright spoke very well of Norwich towards the end of last season and didn't fall into the usual pitfalls of comparing Norwich's style to Klopp etc. He even called that Norwich wouldn't spend much this summer due to their smart recruitment. 

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Ian Wright spoke very well of Norwich towards the end of last season and didn't fall into the usual pitfalls of comparing Norwich's style to Klopp etc. He even called that Norwich wouldn't spend much this summer due to their smart recruitment. 

They all, for the most part, say nice things about a team when they're doing well. Recognition goes up, people start paying attention.

If we're not doing well in the Prem and they're asked to analyse a game it will be all "Norwich play nice football but they have a soft centre" or suchlike.

I don't really care what the pundits say. I'm looking forward to this team proving some of them wrong.

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

If we're not doing well in the Prem and they're asked to analyse a game it will be all "Norwich play nice football but they have a soft centre" or suchlike.

So if we’re not doing well and they say that, will they be wrong?

17 minutes ago, Aggy said:

They might be! We could be playing awful football, but have a very strong centre. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skyrider said:

the computer as predicted Norwich will finish 15 Brighton/ Sheffield/ and Newcastle will be relegated

I hesitated to open this thread, but what joy what joy......well worth the effort.....I think 😀

45 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Haha... Yes my point was made pretty badly, I'll admit.

I was trying to suggest that, if a team like ours defies the odds in a different league, a pundit (who seemingly had no previous knowledge of us or our players) may well jump on the bandwagon to slap the team on the back, even though they didn't care before. If a team isn't doing well, they may not take an interest at all.

Success brings more recognition. Is that a good thing or do you become too under the microscope after that? I don't know.

The words "Talksport" and "Super" in the same sentence - don't see that often.

A bit like "Alan Brazil" and "Slimline Tonic". Unless the sentence is " Alan Brazil ignores the offer of a slimline tonic in favour of another lager".

• Haha 1

To add 'colour' the Sunday Times has us ending up in ........20th position..

Sheff U are 19th and Burnley 18th with Villa at 15th.

It is entirely understandable outside pundits are tipping us to go down. We're a newly promoted club, working on tiny budget with little to no Premier League experience. Doesn't mean they are right but it is hardly illogical.

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is entirely understandable outside pundits are tipping us to go down. We're a newly promoted club, working on tiny budget with little to no Premier League experience. Doesn't mean they are right but it is hardly illogical.

Agreed, it is not illogical but it is a little lazy. 

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't know who these outside pundits are but I have to ask the question,  what are they basing it on?

There's very little discussion on Talksport, about football outside of the Premier League, except when Alan Brazil is on, and you can't take his opinion as being objective. 

For a lot of them it's 'look at last year's table and bolt the new boys on the bottom' job done. No one loses their job if they get it wrong, so who really cares?

If Lawrenson predicts his usual doom and gloom for us, I'm not losing any sleep....

So, and I can’t be arsed to actually check, we’ve been predicted to finish everywhere from 15th to bottom? Stopped clock and all that. Whoever gets it right will boast of their superior judgement, and the others will be forgotten. As people have said, it’s hardly rocket science to predict a promoted side who haven’t spent much will be somewhere toward the bottom, a fine year old would say something similar (unless they’re a City fan). Predictions are a mug’s game.

I was reading the Guardian Fan's Preview pieces and Gary Gowers wrote Norwich's and said 'I'm sure everyone will predict Norwich to go down'. In the rest of the preview only 9 of the 19 other pieces did people predict Norwich to go down. I have seen as many preseason previews that say Norwich will stay up as say that Norwich will go down. 

I personally think it is about a 50/50 chance of survival to relegation.

18 hours ago, Alex Moss said:
18 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

I would have laughed too, but it was one of those moments of complete ineptitude that makes watching motd such a waste of time. The amount him and Shearer must get paid too.......it's a bit of an insult to viewers tbh.

Did this computer factor in Delia going for a new personal club record of 5 relegations and a national club record of 5 relegations from the EPL?

• Sad 1