Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Season 13 Week 1

Hi all, lovely to be back after what now feels like a rather long break!

For the 6, Spurs to spank Villa in their opening game.

For the match bet, Pukki to score Norwich's first goal of the season

Not ready to choose my top 6 pick yet and its getting funny how so many of my possible choices have been choosen already. Its like we all think alike.

For the Norwich Pick well its VAR this season so maybe penalties are our best bet rather than goalscorers. Norwich to score a penalty at 17/1

Happy New Season everyone. I'll go with a Coventry away win at Bolton. Looks a no brainer.

While I don't think we'll win the game, I fancy us to create chances against anyone, so Norwich to score over 1.5 goals at 6/1 is one I like the look of. Liverpool to win 5-2 is 50/1 also.

It’s a tricky week in some ways, with some unpredictable early season form. I’m going for a slightly risky pick with Cardiff to beat Luton. 

For the match bet I’m going for a spectacular 0-2 victory!

Good luck everyone🤞😁

I’d be delighted to do the picks on 31 August, thanks Nutty!

Happy new season everybody hold on tight it might be a bumpy ride lets enjoy it.

My bet this week is Hull City to beat Reading

For the match bet its a head over heart matter and I can't see us getting anything from this match

Sorry but its a 4-0 home win for me

Good luck to the pickers

Ipswich v SUNDERLAND. Away win. Available at 6/4 on SkyBet. 

If they have real aspirations of promotion they’ll need to be picking up points on the road at crud teams. 

For the Norwich bet I’d go 30+ booking points for the mighty yellows. Available at 2/1 on SkyBet. Buendia at 11/2 to pick up the first yellow is tempting too. 

OK then, I've tried to include most of the selections and I've tried to include a balanced spread of the ambitious and the realistic. I've also searched the best price where possible.

£1 on the following:

Norwich to score @2.0 (Bet365)

Both teams to score @2.2 (Hills)

Draw/Liverpool @4.2 (Hills)

Under 3.5 goals @1.9 (Bet365)

Over 3.5 goals @1.9 (Bet365)

Norwich to score over 1.5 goals @6.5 (Bet365)

Liverpool margin of victory: 1 goal @4.0 (Bet365)

A penalty to be awarded @3.0 (Bet365)

50p on the following:

Pukki first scorer @17.0 (Bet365)

Godfrey anytime scorer @17.0 (Hills)

Norwich to win @21.0 (Hills)

Buendia first card @6.0 (Hills)

• Like 2

It's great to have the PUPs thread up and running again. Thanks to both Nutty Nigel for all his hard work, and PUPanon for his/her continued generosity.

I'm going for a home win for Aalesund v. Strommen in Norway's 1. Division.

Aalesund are W7 D0 L0 F19 A4 at home and Strommen are W1 D2 L5 F6 A15 away.

Good Luck, First Wazzock!

Too late for the Norwich Bet - Good Luck, WWIAFTM!

Good luck everyone and welcome to all new PuP pickers

Big thank you as always to NN and to Pup Anon for his continued generosity

Would have gone for a 0-0 for the City game on odds alone - @26.0

Norway and a home win for Rosenborg v Tromse @1.38

Hello from soggy Alba. My Top 6 pick is....

Norway Division 3 group 2 

Drobak-Frogn v Ullern, away win.

Best of luck

As Lappinitup said, many thanks to Eddie for all your hard work and many thanks to PuPanon for all your hard earned cash.

Leicester to draw with Wolves at 11/5.  (As Lappinitup) I would also have gone for 2-2 draw in our game.

Good Luck both FW and WWIAFTM (excuse my abbreviation).

Nutty - I have seen an almost universal forecast that the top 4 this year will be:

1. Man C

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4 Arsenal

I don't know my way round the bookies sites well enough to know what the odds are on this.

Likewise, I wonder if it's worthwhile doing another outright winners accumulator bet for:

1. Scotland - Celtic

2. France - PSG

3. England - Man C

4. Italy - Juventus

5. Spain - Barcelona

6. Netherlands - Ajax

7. Greece - Olympiakos

and any other 'certs' that others may wish to add. Feel free to delete as well if any of these look dodgy.

Either way, I've sent you a tenner so you can put a fiver on both bets 

Apologies for not contributing to this incredible thread the last couple of seasons. Looks like you guys have been doing a great job for this wonderful cause.

my selection this week is a HOME WIN for FLEETWOOD v afc Wimbledon. 

I see I am too late for the match bet, but would have gone for Drmic to score last.

Finally I would like to make a pledge of 10% of any returns from my £10 ew bet on Norwich to win the handicap +56 with bill hill 15-1 1/4 the odds 4 places. 

Good luck pups🤞🏻

Hector

p.s a tenners on its way nutty.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2019 at 14:41, PurpleCanary said:

Thanks to Nutty for keeping this wonderful fund-raising thread going, and to PUPanon and the sponsors for their financial support. For Friday's doddle of an opener I looked at the odds for Anytime Goalscorer, and found there were 10 Liverpool players listed before Pukki got a mention...

Even so, I would suggest either McLean, at 11/1, or Godfrey (a set piece perhaps?) at 14/1. I will wait for odds to appear later in the week for the accumulator bet. Good luck to all!

The Norwegian 1. Division.

Aalesund to win at home against Strommen.

Aalesund, top, have a 7-0-0 and 19/4 home record. Strommen, 14th out of 16, have a 1-2-5 and 6/15  away record. They have won their last two games, but at home to the team in 12th and away to the bottom team. Recently they lost 3-0 away to the team in 15th.

The odds are 2/5, which may indicate it isn't the obvious home win it appears to me to be!

11 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

OK then, I've tried to include most of the selections and I've tried to include a balanced spread of the ambitious and the realistic. I've also searched the best price where possible.

£1 on the following:

Norwich to score @2.0 (Bet365)

Both teams to score @2.2 (Hills)

Draw/Liverpool @4.2 (Hills)

Under 3.5 goals @1.9 (Bet365)

Over 3.5 goals @1.9 (Bet365)

Norwich to score over 1.5 goals @6.5 (Bet365)

Liverpool margin of victory: 1 goal @4.0 (Bet365)

A penalty to be awarded @3.0 (Bet365)

50p on the following:

Pukki first scorer @17.0 (Bet365)

Godfrey anytime scorer @17.0 (Hills)

Norwich to win @21.0 (Hills)

Buendia first card @6.0 (Hills)

Great picks thank you Wacky. I think they give us a brilliant chance of adding to the pot. I've placed them to our best advantage and we have : -

Norwich to score

£1 Bet 365

1/1

£2.00

Both teams to score

£1 Bet 365

11/10

£2.10

Draw/Liverpool 

£1 Bill Hill

16/5

£4.20

Under 3.5 goals

£1 Bill Hill

10/11

£1.90

Over 3.5 goals

£1 Bet 365

1/1

£2.00

Norwich to score over 1.5 goals

£1 Bet 365

6/1

£7.00

Liverpool margin of victory: 1 goal

£1 Bet 365

11/4

£3.75

A penalty to be awarded

£1 Bet 365

2/1

£3.00

Pukki first scorer 

£0.50 Bet 365

16/1

£8.50

Godfrey anytime scorer

£0.50 Bet 365

25/1

£13.00

Norwich to win 

£0.50 Bet 365

20/1

£10.50

Buendia first card

£0.50 Bet 365

6/1

£3.50

And of course we have the extra £3 from PUPanon...

Norwich to lose

£2 Bet 365

1/7

£2.28

Draw

£1 Bet 365

17/2

£9.50

Can't wait for the game now. Good luck Wacky and of course our beloved team.

OTBC 🙃💛💚

3 hours ago, wooster said:

As Lappinitup said, many thanks to Eddie for all your hard work and many thanks to PuPanon for all your hard earned cash.

Leicester to draw with Wolves at 11/5.  (As Lappinitup) I would also have gone for 2-2 draw in our game.

Nutty - I have seen an almost universal forecast that the top 4 this year will be:

1. Man C

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4 Arsenal

I don't know my way round the bookies sites well enough to know what the odds are on this.

Likewise, I wonder if it's worthwhile doing another outright winners accumulator bet for:

1. Scotland - Celtic

2. France - PSG

3. England - Man C

4. Italy - Juventus

5. Spain - Barcelona

6. Netherlands - Ajax

7. Greece - Olympiakos

and any other 'certs' that others may wish to add. Feel free to delete as well if any of these look dodgy.

Thanks Wooster, this is a great idea, you're a star🌟 But unfortunately I'm struggling to place them.

I managed to do the acca without Olympiakos which has a potential return of £47.10...

Celtic

4/11

PSG

1/7

Man City

½

Juventus

4/9

Barcelona

8/13

Ajax

8/11

Couldn't find anywhere where I can forecast the top four so help needed.

On 06/08/2019 at 08:37, First Wazzock said:

Could be good to strike up a conversation with him...

I have been away all week but I passed this onto Joe at the CSF.👍

Well, this has a nice warm feeling about it..................

I'll go for an Arsenal win please, and in our game, over 2.5 goals

Good luck anyone in green n yella

Always an honour to have a pick, even when the first week can be a potential banana skin!!!

Great effort from you all over 30 picks to choose from. Sorry if I haven't gone for your pick - there have been some great ones to select from.

So here we go...Fingers crossed

PSG v Nimes - Home win                                     DJ11

West Brom v Millwall - Home win                       Hissing Sid & Me

Wet Sham v Man City - Away win                       Diane

CSKA Moscow v Sochi - Home win                    Nutty Nigel

Bolton v Coventry - Away win                              Lappinitup & Splutcho

Ajax v  Emmen - Home win                                 gregt & Lake District Canary

Edited by First Wazzock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Thanks Wooster, this is a great idea, you're a star🌟 But unfortunately I'm struggling to place them.

I managed to do the acca without Olympiakos which has a potential return of £47.10...

Celtic

4/11

PSG

1/7

Man City

½

Juventus

4/9

Barcelona

8/13

Ajax

8/11

Couldn't find anywhere where I can forecast the top four so help needed.

The market you need is called Top 4 Exact order. The only firm I’ve seen this with is Skybet. 

Boylesports do a quadcast ( top 4 in any order)

hope this helps

What a joy to be part of the brilliant PUPs again!! 

Thank you so much Nutty...you deserve huge credit for keeping on keeping on and making this one of the most rewarding places on the internet, bravo fratello 👍👏🏆 

Thank you to the generous PUPAnon too 👌👏

For First Wazzock’s accumulator, I think that Göteborg will be far too potent attacking-wise for the rather ropey Kungsbacka defence in the Swedish Damallsvenskan.

Göteborg vs Kungsbacka - Home win

As for WWIAFTM’s City bet....I really think Norwich will win 🏆👌....20/1?...two horse race?  Come on!!!

Liverpool vs Norwich - Away win

Love and peace to all 👌☀️

Parma

• Like 1

Yes £8.38. fantastic Wacky you star! 🌟

When I get home I can put your name on Ray's signature...

🙃👍

And here is is...

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P'boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,5, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,6, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,6, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,4, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,3, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo,4, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010,3, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC, Hughesy, Gregt,2, GMF,3, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District Canary,2, Bor Bor Bor, Yellowfuture, Chellecity,2, Diesel Doris,2, Lessingham Canary, Molly Windley, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy,3, Feedthewolf,2, AJ, JB, PurpleCanary,2, Hoola Han Solo, Diane, Hissing Sid, nutty nigel, KiwiScot, yes Norfolkchance1 £2,038 for the Academy, and £3,040 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with the Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb,2, Redders Right Foot,2, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010,2, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,2, Crabbycanary,4, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,3, Woostercanary,3, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell,2, nutty nigel,4, Feedthewolf,2, Lappinitup,4, NWC,2, Hoola Han Solo,3, Twidio,2, Ray, PUPanon,3, Molly Windley, 93vintage,2, ClareW, Van Wink,2, Diane,2, AJ,2, Norfolkchance1,Yellowfuture,2, Graham Humphrey,3, Diesel Doris,3, Duncan Edwards,3, Legend Iwan, YorkshirePudding, Kathy,2, Platonic,3, Cosmic Twin,4, Mr Jenkins, Reggie, Snake-eyes,2, I’m A Banana, ZLF,3, Lake District Canary, norfolkngood, Syteanric, Felixfan, TeamPUPs, First Wazzock,2, Baldyboy, Len, Jamie Abbott,2, King Canary,2, Hissing Sid,2, Hammond1612,4, Lessingham Canary, Indy_Bones, KiwiScot, Crafty Canary,GMF, Mandie Moo, Hansterbubble, Herman, Lincsy, Gregt, Daz Sparks, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man, yes PUPs £1,763 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with Both Teams To Score bets £126

And with the 2019 spring special. KiwiScot, Fenway Frank, Herman, Til1010, yes PUPs £41.14 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And in honour and remembrance of much loved PUP Chellecity £431 (Of which £50 was donated to SarcomaUK).

And £55 to Prostate Cancer UK with Keelansgrandad.

And with £5,337 for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, sponsorships donations and competitions we now have a total of £12,854 since we began and after presenting £2,324 on April 6th we have £945 towards the next presentation.

Edited by nutty nigel

10 hours ago, wooster said:

1. Man C

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4 Arsenal

1. Scotland - Celtic

2. France - PSG

3. England - Man C

4. Italy - Juventus

5. Spain - Barcelona

6. Netherlands - Ajax

7. Greece - Olympiakos

Thanks to Hector we can scrub what I said on my earlier post Wooster.

In this order...

1. Man C

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4 Arsenal

£5 placed on Skybet to return £95

Thanks Wooster🌟👍

5 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Always an honour to have a pick, even when the first week can be a potential banana skin!!!

Great effort from you all over 30 picks to choose from. Sorry if I haven't gone for your pick - there have been some great ones to select from.

So here we go...Fingers crossed

PSG v Nimes - Home win                                     DJ11

West Brom v Millwall - Home win                       Hissing Sid & Me

Wet Sham v Man City - Away win                       Diane

CSKA Moscow v Sochi - Home win                    Nutty Nigel

Bolton v Coventry - Away win                              Lappinitup & Splutcho

Ajax v  Emmen - Home win                                 gregt & Lake District Canary

Fantastic Wazzy, thanks for these I love them. I think we have every chance of starting the season with a win. I've placed these with Bill Hill where the potential return is boosted to £55.80. Here are the details : -

Man City

24/100

12:30 Sat

WBA

88/100

15:00 Sat

Coventry

4/9

15:00 Sat

Ajax

1/16

18:45 Sat

CSKA Moscow

7/20

17:00 Sun

PSG

1/14

20:00 Sun

So we have four tomorrow and two on Sunday finishing with PSG at 8pm. Looking at the pot after today I see a winning six would bring us up to £1,000. How good would that be.

Good luck Wazzy and all you PUPs🙃