Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Season 13 Week 1

172243709_presentation2019.thumb.jpg.1a583613a25c1855c5c118123b228a49.jpg

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Asset Angels, Turner European Consulting and Kare Plus.

Well PUPs it’s great to be back for the thirteenth season of Rays Funds. I’m early this week because I’m away Mon to Fri although I will be able to keep track of the thread and will be back in plenty of time to sort the final selections.  If someone could make sure it's near the top of the board through the week I would appreciate it.

If you’re looking at this and wondering about joining this season just jump in and post your picks foresult from the weekend's football programme and a suggestion for our game at Liverpool. It’s not pay to play. Those that can afford send me a funds because we need 40 tenners to get through the season. My paypal is canaryeddie@aol.com or I’ll be in the Nelson opposite the train station after the Newcastle game. Thanks to everyone who has already sent funds, your support is really appreciated.

Now down to business for the new season. As is customary our reigning champion is in charge on the first week. So we have First Wazzock picking the six results. Wazzy, who finished last season with 37/39 95% winning picks, has won six times when making these final selections. Wazzy also has two winning weeks when selecting for the Norwich game. That is a fantastic record but Wazzy still needs our help to get win number seven with our very best selection from the games played on Saturday, Sunday and Monday of this weekend that are listed on the Bill Hill or Bet 365 web site.

Thanks to our generous anonymous benefactor PUPanon the Norwich game stakes are once again covered for the seventh successive season. However there’s a slight change this season because PUPanon has upped the Norwich stake to £13 enabling the picker to have an automatic negative option of £2 for City to lose and £1 for the draw. The remaining tenner will work like last season where the picker has a totally free reign to pick their own options of negative/positive picks.

First up for the Norwich picks against Liverpool is the wonderfully named Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man. Wacky joined us for our spring specials and I’m well pleased he has decided to join our great team of PUPs for the season proper. WWIAFTM, you have a tenner to spend split how you like between the PUPs selections and your own. If you’re not sure of anything just ask on this thread or you can message me, and please enjoy the experience because all us PUPs are fully behind you and having fun is what we’re all about. As this is a Friday evening game please get your selections for Wacky in plenty of time as I will need to place Wacky’s picks on Friday afternoon.

Hissing Sid has kindly opened the PUPs league again on Sky Sports Super Six. This is loads of fun. Sid tells me if you were in it last season, you're automatically back this year. If you want to join us, please feel free, the league code is 2VLXPW. There’s no prizes, it’s all for fun. Trying to think who won it last year….

Just a reminder that Kathy needs your Canary Challenge entries by this Thursday don’t forget she said we could BOGOF again and any money won on the free entry goes into our presentation pot. You can enter on line https://canariestrust.org/canary-challenge-2019-2020/ and email Kathy your BOGOF entry at reephambird@gmail.com

Here’s the final selections rota for the rest of August : -

Final Six

10th  August – First Wazzock

17th  August – Diane

24th  August – Lincsy

31st  August – Hansterbubble

Norwich Picks

9th  August - Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

17th August – Fenway Frank

24th August – ZLF

31st August – DJ11

Please let me know with your selections if the dates are ok.

Have a look at the companies who support our work to raise funds for the CSF and our wonderful Downe's Syndrome Team of boys and girls. We would like to say a massive thank you to: - 

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.kareplus.co.uk/norwich/

If any other companies out there would also like to support our efforts, we'll be happy to add you to our list of links on this thread every week. 

I think that’s everything so now I’ll hand the thread over to First Wazzock  and Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Steve and Owen... the thread is yours.......🙃..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always I leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P'boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,5, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,6, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,6, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,4, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,3, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo,4, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010,3, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC, Hughesy, Gregt,2, GMF,3, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District Canary,2, Bor Bor Bor, Yellowfuture, Chellecity,2, Diesel Doris,2, Lessingham Canary, Molly Windley, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy,3, Feedthewolf,2, AJ, JB, PurpleCanary,2, Hoola Han Solo, Diane, Hissing Sid, nutty nigel, KiwiScot, yes Norfolkchance1 £2,038 for the Academy, and £3,040 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with the Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb,2, Redders Right Foot,2, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010,2, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,2, Crabbycanary,4, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,3, Woostercanary,3, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell,2, nutty nigel,4, Feedthewolf,2, Lappinitup,4, NWC,2, Hoola Han Solo,3, Twidio,2, Ray, PUPanon,3, Molly Windley, 93vintage,2, ClareW, Van Wink,2, Diane,2, AJ,2, Norfolkchance1,Yellowfuture,2, Graham Humphrey,3, Diesel Doris,3, Duncan Edwards,3, Legend Iwan, YorkshirePudding, Kathy,2, Platonic,3, Cosmic Twin,4, Mr Jenkins, Reggie, Snake-eyes,2, I’m A Banana, ZLF,3, Lake District Canary, norfolkngood, Syteanric, Felixfan, TeamPUPs, First Wazzock,2, Baldyboy, Len, Jamie Abbott,2, King Canary,2, Hissing Sid,2, Hammond1612,4, Lessingham Canary, Indy_Bones, KiwiScot, Crafty Canary,GMF, Mandie Moo, Hansterbubble, Herman, Lincsy, Gregt, Daz Sparks, yes PUPs £1,755 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with Both Teams To Score bets £126

And with the 2019 spring special. KiwiScot, Fenway Frank, Herman, Til1010, yes PUPs £41.14 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And in honour and remembrance of much loved PUP Chellecity £431 (Of which £50 was donated to SarcomaUK).

And £55 to Prostate Cancer UK with Keelansgrandad.

And with £5,337 for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, sponsorships donations and competitions we now have a total of £12,854 since we began and after presenting £2,324 on April 6th we have £937 towards the next presentation.

Rays Funds on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Raysfunds

Rays Funds on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/124098287639888/

Edited by nutty nigel

Slightly  off topic, but  I was just looking at edp online  and theres a guy in loweatoft looking to donate a large ncfc Crest made of matches  to a local children's  charity. Give me a few,mins and I'll post a link . Not easy  in car on phone. Might raise a few quid.

Thanks Nutty and to those of you who have already done a PUPs entry. Dont forget, there's just a week to go. If you enter it costs you nothing and very little effort to do an extra one for this brilliant cause. You can do it on here if you like. I'll keep checking 🙂

Pretty please.

https://canariestrust.org/canary-challenge-2019-2020/

Meanwhile I'll try to up my game on the PUP picks after last season's miserable showing.

Given it some thought now and I’m going for a bit of value - Falkirk to beat Dumbarton please.

For City’s game I genuinely believe we will score so City to score at least one goal. Good luck all.

Edited by Kathy

I will kick off with a home win for PSG against Nimes on Sunday. 

For Norwich, my guess will be BTTS.

I am available for the West Hame game, just a shame that I am away, and it’s my nearest club. 

Lets hope we get off to a flyer. 

Hi PUPs, best of luck everyone for the season ahead (Nutty, my money left this morning). 👍

I'm off to Belarus this week with BATE vs. Energetyk-BDU (home win).

For the City bet I'll go for Pukki to score first.

Apples

Thanks to Nutty for keeping this wonderful fund-raising thread going, and to PUPanon and the sponsors for their financial support. For Friday's doddle of an opener I looked at the odds for Anytime Goalscorer, and found there were 10 Liverpool players listed before Pukki got a mention...

Even so, I would suggest either McLean, at 11/1, or Godfrey (a set piece perhaps?) at 14/1. I will wait for odds to appear later in the week for the accumulator bet. Good luck to all!

Thanks Nutty and PUPAnon, it's good to be back!

If anyone is not sending me a suggestion this week, I will expect a valid reason backed up with a note from their Mum...

I'll be looking at all suggestions and will post Friday afternnon/evening.

Good luck all!

Edited by First Wazzock

A very good afternoon to you Nutty and off we go again so good luck to Wazzy and Wacky together with all you other lovely PUPs out there.

A HOME WIN for BOURNEMOUTH v Sheff Utd.

For the Norwich game Godfrey to score at anytime.

Hello PUPs, its good to be back. Starting the season with a visit to the Championship...

West Brom to win at home vs Millwall. 

For the match bet, a goal for Marco Stiepermann.

Best of luck Wazzy, WWIAFTM and all you PUPs.

Nutty, I shall furnish you with a crisp tenner after the Newcastle match. 

17 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Thanks Nutty and PUPAnon, it's good to be back!

If anyone is not sending me a suggestion this week, I will expect a valid reason backed up with a note from their Mum...

I'll be looking at all suggestions and will post Friday afternnon/evening.

Good luck all!

I have bone spurs that kept me out of the Vietnam War but will do my best to find a suitably obscure game...

Bumping back up.

• Like 1

it is good to have this back and delighted to do the 24th.

Will post my picks for the weekend shortly.

Hi all. - great to be back!

good luck everyone for this season, let’s make it the best ever. 

Many thanks for everyone’s tenners (I’ll send mine soon Eddie) and another massive thanks to the ever generous PUPanon for keeping the match bet going. 

For the Wazzock I have selected

Gil Vicente v FC PORTO - AWAY WIN in Portugal

For WWIAFTM’s City bet 

h/t Liverpool f/t Liverpool (sorry)

Leedscanary

Good to be back, hope you've all had a good summer

Man City away win please

For Norwich - btts

Good Luck Wazzy & WWIAFTM,  I'm sure you'll get us off to a winning start 😀

Home win for Mansfield.

As for city under 3.5 goals at around 8/11.

Good luck all!

Cant wait to be part of this for the forthcoming season, count me as ok for my date Nutty!

For Norwich game I will go with Cantwell to score anytime.

For my match selection I shall go with Portsmouth v Tranmere HOME WIN.

Watford to beat Brighton

Norwich bet has got to be worth putting some on us to win, unlikely I know but at odds of over 20/1 to win a football match that’s worth a quid or two 

Great to be back! Spurs to beat villa and for the Norwich match, steiperman to score anytime. Good luck pups! Also Eddie I’ll give you a tenner after the Newcastle game. 

I hate to be 'that guy', but Liverpool v Norwich – home win. Hoping for a bit of reverse psychology to kick in!

For the match itself, I've had a cheeky quid on a scorecast of Pukki first goal, Liverpool to win 4-2 at 700-1 on Skybet. Crazy hunch.

So good to have the best thread on the board back.

Good luck everyone, hope we can start the season with a great win – at least on this thread if not on the pitch!

Edited by Feedthewolf

Great to see all you PUPs new and old. Good luck everyone.🙃

My selection for Wazzy is in Russia :-

CSKA Moscow v Sochi Home Win.

For Wacky maybe we'll benefit from VAR so....

Norwich to score a penalty which is 16/1

And we're back! 😀

Many thanks to Eddie for all your hard work and many thanks to PuPanon for all your hard earned cash.

Starting off in League One where Bolton entertain Coventry......

Bolton v Coventry.......Away win.

For our game......

2-2 draw.

Good Luck Wazzy and Wacky.🍀

Hello again pups

great to have the footy back again, can’t wait to get started.

my first pick is AJAX v emmen HOME WIN

For the Norwich game Godfrey to score anytime Good luck everybody

Hi Eddie, PUPanon and all you PUPs, it's great to have this wonderful thread back and I wish everyone good luck.

My first offering is:

ROSENBORG v Tromso HOME WIN

Good Luck Wazzy and all you Lovely PUPs

For the Norwich bet, HT/FT Draw/Liverpool. Best of luck WWIAFTM