Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Changes to the ground

My boy and I liked the new score board / digital strips along the Barclay and River ends and thought they improved the overall vista.

What I was not particularly impressed with is the new design on the top of the city stand with the bright Red Dafabet frontage on it. Although I have looked at that stand every season since it was built, it looks very small now with the striking Red of the new sponsor highlighting the size of it.

Pitch looks in superb state as usual.

One big thing missing is another big screen.

With VAR those in the Barclay will be disadvantaged as by the time that screen is turned round towards them the moment will be lost.

Bet we will be the only club in the PL with just one screen.

At times it seems the club is only interested in using it for advertising, most clubs use them to show play all the time, or a least the teams.

1 minute ago, Bradwell canary said:

With VAR those in the Barclay will be disadvantaged as by the time that screen is turned round towards them the moment will be lost.

At times it seems the club is only interested in using it for advertising, most clubs use them to show play all the time, or a least the teams.

Unless they changed over the summer....Old Trafford and Anfield dont even have one!

6 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

You've lost your money sunshine - two of the minor Premier League clubs (they're called Manchester United and Liverpool if my memory serves me correctly) haven't got a screen at all. 

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You've lost your money sunshine - two of the minor Premier League clubs (they're called Manchester United and Liverpool if my memory serves me correctly) haven't got a screen at all. 

....although technically he could still win that bet if all other clubs either have zero or two or more?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2