Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

City v Toulouse

Just now, Tired said:

Buendia's putting on a show this half

Hope so

Why would we need anyone else after that performance, Cantwell, Godfrey, Emi, Aarons & Lewis were a different class......how much would we have to pay if we wanted to sign those 5 alone, we’ll in excess of £100 million.

I think we will certainly turn a few teams over and play like that we’ll even become the new darlings of the press.

Very good performance and great energy, Liverpool will of course be a huge step in class, but bring it on!

Quite enjoyed that game from the comfort of my pooter......Some scintillating stuff from us at times (bar the wayward finishing)......Hopefully will all come good once we've had a few 'challenging' Premiership games under our belt......Oh yeah..... 😉 

Not often this gets said but I think Pukki was probably the player that stood out as one that wasn't really at it today. 

Godfrey is immense so will be interested to see how he performs against Prem League centre forwards. 

McLean also did well when he was on as did Vrancic. 

Not clinical enough today and there were times when we should have been more clinical or make better decisions in the final third but all in all they did well. 

Excellent final performance. 

Pukki looked sharp and fit, but unfortunately didn't bring his shooting boots. Fingers crossed he starts hitting the corners again next week.

Very disappointed in Toulouse who were sloppy, lethargic and not really up for it. They basically gave up in the second half and I think we could have benefited from a bigger test today.

But you can only beat what is in front of you. Looking forward to next week!

I think we have a cunning plan. Manufacture dozens of chances in as many different ways as possible - but pull out at the finish, so as not to alert the opposition as to just how good we are. 

Seriously though I don't think Puuki is playing with 100% commitment in these friendlies. I reckon he's got a gear or two to go yet.

City played well throughout this game against a skilful Toulouse who liked to keep possession. Had this been a league game we would have won by a few more such was our balance and general progressive play. Toulouse did not just turn up, they wanted this have no doubt.

Pukki's chance first half was at my end and he was closed down quick. I suspect if this was not a friendly he may have got a goal as he pulled out of a few challenges.

Stand out performer was Todd Cantwell, he looked superb the whole game, trying various tricks to move the ball forward and then winning possession when needed. If he keeps his place for Liverpool I would not be surprised. Just need the halfwits to keep off his back (which will not happen) this season and we may have an excellent player on our hands. Hanley should have had a couple and is back to his best. However, we will need out back 4/5 to be at their best this season.

Our front 4 look really effective and I say wait till MOTD starts to notice and comments on them. Hernandez (one of my favourite players) came on and won everything. 

We have a good set of 14/5 players but unfortunately our weakness is our centre back positions, especially with the injuries.

Only Hanley and Godfrey played the whole game!

• Like 2

It's been an entertaining match despite the criminal amount of chances missed. That said, if we create half as many against Liverpool, and score from half of that, I'd be delighted!

Just back to Cornwall after an 800 mile round trip to watch the game. Left at 4am Saturday Morning and at the Nelson by 10.30am. Loved every minute of it. Drinks in the Murderers, Wetherspoons Bell Hotel, Woolpack, Wetherspoons Iceni and Red Lion Riverside before a wonderful ruby in Magdalen Street. Left at 7am this morning to get back for grandaughter's gymkhana this afternoon.

Bought the 3rd Kit shirt. Got photos of the players. And may have sat in your seat. C Block Row R Seat 59. Great seat and delighted to see an enjoyable if goal scarce game. Very impressed with all four home grown yet again. I have no idea of Toulouse's strength but we certainly didn't let them play and loved our tackling back. If we up that intensity in the league I think we can stay up.

Cornwall is home but I still love Norwich.

• Like 1

Forgot to add. We drove all that way up and my son had gone for a Bertie Mee when we scored! Then I bought two coffees and two pies at halftime and dropped them!

Cornwall, that’s a long old drive have done it myself. Sounds like you had a good day and a Norwich win to add the icing. 

Still not sure if I’m excited or nervous about Friday, excited probably edges it. 

16 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I think we have a cunning plan. Manufacture dozens of chances in as many different ways as possible - but pull out at the finish, so as not to alert the opposition as to just how good we are. 

Seriously though I don't think Puuki is playing with 100% commitment in these friendlies. I reckon he's got a gear or two to go yet.

Yes, I have thought this too - some of the players are playing to impress the manager to pick them for Liverpool, others are building themselves up psychologically for the real test coming up.   Pukki knows he is first choice and will be up for it and firing on all cylinders come Friday.

18 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I suspect DF instructed a few of our players to be careful out there yesterday, and good advice too. Watching the game, there is no doubt Pukki was not at it 100%, but he still anticipates the final pass with lightening speed over the first few yards. Cleaver player.

2 minutes ago, East Rider said:

I suspect DF instructed a few of our players to be careful out there yesterday, and good advice too. Watching the game, there is no doubt Pukki was not at it 100%, but he still anticipates the final pass with lightening speed over the first few yards. Cleaver player.

Sharp as a knife!

• Haha 1

Pukki may have been holding back but he did look a bit miffed when he went off suggesting to me he was a bit bothered by the missed chances. No need for panic though, the important thing is we are creating chances for him and he's still seeing the space and position to get into.

The big plus for me was the form of Buendia and Cantwell, both of whom should start against Liverpool imo. Godfrey was immense and Hanley not too shabby either. 

25 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The big plus for me was the form of Buendia and Cantwell, both of whom should start against Liverpool imo. Godfrey was immense and Hanley not too shabby either. 

Hanley's passing still worries me. He is not up to our style. He is probably the best defender in certain aspects (aerial and strength) but the weakest with the ball, by a lot. I hope he doesn't get too much game time. Godfrey can go to the top.