Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

City v Toulouse

Hint for the starting 11 next week? With all due respect to Hanley, I think Klose is the cleverer defender and we will need that against Liverpool. I believe Godfrey and Zimbo will be first choice in future though. 

My money would be on Mo & Onel to replace Todd & The Mayor next Friday, but if Todd has another stormer I wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

• Like 2

I expect Todd to have another impressive game. He knows he’s just 90 mins from securing a starting spot at Anfield, and after his outstanding performance against Atalanta, it’s his to lose as far as I’m concerned.

The other main player I will be watching with interest is Buendia. Far from his best game in the week, it will be interesting to see how he bounces back. 

Lets get a confidence building thumping win with zero injuries please!

I'd hope Leitner and either Hernandez or Roberts will start at Anfield. 

I do rate both Cantwell and Mclean.. I just can't see that they'll be effective in the PL. But more than happy to be proved wrong of course! 

Today's line-up lacks pace in the attacking areas. Well, the sort of pace Hernandez and Roberts can give anyway. Plenty of creativity mind. 

@CGoreham

7m
Daniel Farke said he would have picked a different team of the Premier League started today. I wonder how close this line-up for the friendly v Toulouse is to what we’ll see an Anfield?

34 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

. I wonder how close this line-up for the friendly v Toulouse is to what we’ll see an Anfield?

I think - as stated above - that Klose, Leitner and Hernandez (maybe Roberts) comes in for Hanley, McClean and Cantwell respectively. Maybe a new midfielder for Trybull, if we purchase one.

7 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

How negative is Gossy 🤷‍♂️

Legend... but hard work to listen to!

Tommy T hasn’t had a good game. Been turned and pressured by their tricky AM on a couple of occasions.

Buendia set pieces very poor, and he hasn’t been as influential.

Other than that it’s been pretty good. Godfrey and Mayor lovely range of passing. Jamal has been really excellent.

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Tommy T hasn’t had a good game. Been turned and pressured by their tricky AM on a couple of occasions.

Buendia set pieces very poor, and he hasn’t been as influential.

Other than that it’s been pretty good. Godfrey and Mayor lovely range of passing. Jamal has been really excellent.

Think Trybull looks good. I don't think he's given the ball away has he!?

12 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

How negative is Gossy 🤷‍♂️

???? I must be listening to a different commentary. He keeps saying what lovely football we're playing.

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Think Trybull looks good. I don't think he's given the ball away has he!?

Horrible mis control on the turn in our 3rd that gave ball away and led to a chance for them. Get it out of your system now Tom!

I wonder if Emi will be ready for Anfield? 

Jamal looks good, Max turned a couple of times. Godfrey looks immense. 

Krul looks the obvious 1st choice. 

Pukki's movement is good. Cantwell best of the rest. 

Just now, ron obvious said:

???? I must be listening to a different commentary. He keeps saying what lovely football we're playing.

After he's commented on how lazy Lewis has been, how tired Buendia looks blah blah blah. First 15-20 mins (at the point I typed he'd hardly said a positive word) 

Then contradicts himself by saying how much running and effort Buendia puts in. He should post on here as he contradicts himself so much 😂

2 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

I wonder if Emi will be ready for Anfield? 

Personally don’t think he’s done enough in pre season to get the nod over, say Roberts, but has a great body of work from last season. It’s a tough call, but on form I would say he’s not ready.

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

After he's commented on how lazy Lewis has been, how tired Buendia looks blah blah blah. First 15-20 mins (at the point I typed he'd hardly said a positive word) 

Then contradicts himself by saying how much running and effort Buendia puts in. He should post on here as he contradicts himself so much 😂

That's 2 (barely) negative comments in the half. He didn't say Jamal was lazy either, said he might have just taken a slight knock. Everything else has been bigging us up - unless you point out that Max & Jamal will be up against quick, tricky, quality players as in this match.

Got to say, am I the only one concerned about Pukki? He doesn’t look quite at the races to me, it’s not that he’s playing badly per se, but he would have buried that shot first time last season. I really hope he gets a goal to give himself a boost.

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

That's 2 (barely) negative comments in the half. He didn't say Jamal was lazy either, said he might have just taken a slight knock. Everything else has been bigging us up - unless you point out that Max & Jamal will be up against quick, tricky, quality players as in this match.

And I quote, "Lewis has one the ball on the corner and had 35 yards of space to run in to but was lazy and turned back towards his goal".

Enjoying it more now its just Chris Goreham 👍🏼

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Got to say, am I the only one concerned about Pukki? He doesn’t look quite at the races to me, it’s not that he’s playing badly per se, but he would have buried that shot first time last season. I really hope he gets a goal to give himself a boost.

Pressure of expectation maybe 🤷‍♂️

Get Dr Mic on and give him some minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Not looking as sharp as I would like must admit. Buendia getting involved more. We need both on top form.

13 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Personally don’t think he’s done enough in pre season to get the nod over, say Roberts, but has a great body of work from last season. It’s a tough call, but on form I would say he’s not ready.

Great ball to pick out Kenny for his goal-not the obvious pass either.

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Think Pukki will come into his usual form from the 9th August. He will be a yard quicker.

I'm more concerned with Emi. He has looked the least sharp but perhaps he hasn't yet had the minutes.