Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Next Event - Players Forum

Its in the Top of the Terrace lounge, the same entrance as the Gunn Club which is in the corner of the Barclay & Carrow Road, just walkย past Hol Inn you'll come to it ๐Ÿ˜€

Players confirmed for Tuesday night * subject to change
ย 
Heโ€™s here, heโ€™s there, he is the Norwich Mayor,ย Kenny McLean. Taking time out from his Mayoral duties to speak to his citizens
Kenny McLean
ย 
Heโ€™s one of our own, Ohย Todd Cantwell. Fresh from an impressive pre-season and display at Anfield, the local lad living the dream.
Todd Cantwell
ย 
Adam Idahย โ€“ touted by Holty as one of the best striking prospects in the country, find out about his journey.
Adam Idah
ย 
ย 

ย 

Edited by Diane

It's tomorrow!

I'm on the door and will let all pink Un posters in for just three pounds and kids for a quid ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Cracking line up, hope it all goes well.

Thank you, we are really pleased with the lineup, the club have been very generous helping us with guests for events.

The event after this one is an interesting lineup too, so watch this spaceย ๐Ÿคฃ

Looks like ยฃ20 before i even get to the bar, ยฃ10 to Nutty for the PUPs, ยฃ5 for you and the Super 6, ยฃ3 to get in and a couple of quid for the raffle.

As for your next event get Kensell there and the queue will be over over Carrow Bridge to get in . ๐Ÿ˜œ

Edited by TIL 1010

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like ยฃ20 before i even get to the bar, ยฃ10 to Nutty for the PUPs, ยฃ5 for you and the Super 6, ยฃ3 to get in and a couple of quid for the raffle.

As for your next event get Kensell there and the queue will be over over Carrow Bridge to get in . ๐Ÿ˜œ

It would be worth the waitย 

https://images.app.goo.gl/9J1PTmpj6Rp14A1F7

Edited by FenwayFrank

Ar5ebiscuits, I missed this!

It's my birthday tomorrow and I've booked a restaurant for me and the rest of the Muzinic clan @ 7.00pm.

Would've loved to hear what new bylaws Mayor McLean has in mind.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ben is holding severalย meetings for fans to talk to him about the membership scheme, oneย which will be an open meeting at the club ย so go to that if you want to discuss that with him.

Can we keep this thread for ย Players Forum chat please,ย  thank you

ย 

ย 

players forum Aug 2019.jpg

Edited by Diane

1 minute ago, Diane said:

Ben๏ปฟ is holding severalย meetings for fans to talk to him about the membership scheme, oneย which will be an open meeting at the club ย so go to that if you want to disc๏ปฟuss ๏ปฟthat with him.๏ปฟ

Anyone know the details of these meetings? I was under the impression it was by invitationย 

19 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Anyone know the details of these meetings? I was under the impression it was by invitationย 

The first meeting by invitation is I believe for everyone who emailed to complain whichย is early Sept ( I think), the other dates haven't been announced yet as far as I know

Edited by Diane

Glad you enjoyed it, had just over 200 there , will get summary piece and link to pictures on here tonight

Here's a summary piece written by our young Connor Southwell, also the pictures are hereย http://www.ncfsc.co.uk/players-forum-20th-august-2019/

Norwich Cityโ€™s meteoric rise has been formed on the togetherness pertinent throughout the football club.

From the management to the players and into the terraces, the onus placed on one club rooting together has translated to exceptional results on the pitch.

On Thursday 20thย August 2019 at Carrow Road, Norwich City supporters were given an insight into the current era at the Norwich City Fans Social Club Players Forum.

Undeniably, the scenes supporters have become accustomed to following a victory at Carrow Road, with Daniel Farke whipping up the supporters into frenzy has become a memorable part of a victorious matchday. Standing in similar stead are those who don the yellow and green shirts, playing with the passion and energy that most demand from their football team.

That connection has been formed through the accessibility and transparency the players have offered throughout their time at the club.

In Kenny McLean, Norwich has, not only a newly appointed mayor but a player who can guide the youthful exuberance within the dressing room and ensure they retain that path that is essential to their development.

On the pitch, he is an all-action midfielder. Off it, an articulate, entertaining storyteller capable of grasping the attention of a room. That distinctive Scottish accent is backed up with humour and personality as well as a capability of seriously addressing questions. If this performance on stage offered anything, itโ€™s his valued presence within the confines of a dressing room.

Even though Norwich find themselves in the embryonic stages of their Premier League campaign, a standout so far has been the performances of local hero Todd Cantwell.

Brandished as the โ€˜Dereham Diego Maradonaโ€™ on the night, Cantwell has endured both ends of the opinion scale, brushing off criticism to express himself when on the pitch in recent performances. As he candidly explained the extra burden of being an academy graduate, there was a wry smile as he admitted pressure is something he thrives upon.

Hence his decision to take the vacant number 14 shirt, one that has been previously worn by a certain Irish playmaker who once graced these quarters, often weaving magic on his way.

Bad haircuts aside, Toddโ€™s contributions were valuable and intriguing all evening, with budding footballers around the room grabbing onto his advice for success. Itโ€™s clear to see he is someone who is held in high esteem by his counterparts, all of whom are rooting for his success.

One of those young starlets hoping to replicate Toddโ€™s journey through the academy onto the world stage of the Premier League is Adam Idah.

Idah, a young Irish striker, compared his playing style, much to the ridicule of his peers, to that of Romelu Lukaku but also offered snippets of advice to young footballers as well as talking about making the transition from the under 23โ€™s football to first team training.

He may become the next star off the Canaries production line. Given the youthful make up to the side currently, Idah could be the next to emerge.

Over 200 people packed into the Top of the Terrace at Carrow Road to hear the players answer questions, all whilst raising money for the wonderful Community Sports Foundation.

A huge thank you to our friend, host and Norwich City legend Darren Eadie for his wonderful questions that contributed to open, insightful answers from our stars.

Sadly, we tragically lost NCFSC friend and regular David Powell last week. Diane celebrated his life with a moving speech followed by a poignant applause for a true Canary who often offered opinion on everything. He had a heart of gold, and weโ€™ll miss him terribly.

Rest in peace, David.

We look forward to being able to do more in the future and to remaining true to our ethos of putting on affordable and entertaining events open to everyone.

We have no membership or fees at the Norwich City Fans Social Club, as our motto says, โ€œYou donโ€™t join, you just join in!โ€.

ย 

ย 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our next event in the Top of the Terrace is on Oct 3rd at 7:30pm

ย 

Edited by Diane

6 hours ago, Diane said:

That's our next event in the Top of the Terraceย 

If thatโ€™s one of Tils images then put my name down !ย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said: