Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

is worthy right to stick with same side against leicester?

i hope it doesn''t go pear shaped after 4 straight wins, but playing 4-3-3 requires the midfielders to cover loads more ground.  can 34 year old charlie play 3 games in a week to the same standard?  IMO no. Instead, should worthy rest charlie for PNE and put robbo on left side and dicko on right.If not, I fear a second half burnley performance may happen and open the door for leicester to walk straight in.

There is an old adage in football to the effect that you should never change a winning team. If Charlie fades, then Etuhu, Hendo or Rossi can be used. I think that the adrenaline should keep Charlie going for at least 70 minutes! 

Nigels just anwered the question !   the 4-3-3   , with Hucks ,WLY, Deano  up front   again  , what else could he do ?

Why not, so long as we have ample cover on the bench? The midfield may be the problem, and Charlie may find the going hard, but why not include two midfielders on the bench, perhaps Rossi, Spillane. Could Colin move to midfield if Charlie of others run out of steam?The pressure we were under at Bramall Lane in the seond half was not because Charlie or anyone else ran out of steam, it was because we had only three players against four in the midfield, and the Blades pressed. I thought that Charlie kept going well. If we had a weakness, it could have been Robinson.

lucky green trainers said

i hope it doesn''t go pear shaped after 4 straight wins, but playing 4-3-3 requires the midfielders to cover loads more ground.  can 34 year old charlie play 3 games in a week to the same standard?  IMO no. Instead, should worthy rest charlie for PNE and put robbo on left side and dicko on right.

If not, I fear a second half burnley performance may happen and open the door for leicester to walk straight in.

Sounds like Leicester are exposing our full backs with average wingers due to our lack of width AND FORWARDS BEING TOO IDLE TO COVER ON THE FLANKS!