Yellowhammer

Result v Liverpool

3 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Delia fails to learn any of the lessons of previous EPL campaigns.

Thus, Liverpool 8, Norwich City 0.

**** off vince ... in the ****iest off possible way 

• Haha 1

lets to be realistic...

With level they rich last season and is virtually the same team they look untouchable at Anfield imo.

Of course they not fully fit and ready and also have Supercup Europe game with Chelsea next midweek etc but still pretty much this game is under very big focus as 1st game of the season with late kick off under flood lights and whole world watching....

I have no hopes at all for points but lets we show to the whole world what brave and talented squad we have.

When teams play high pressure over us as Swansea did at Carrow Road etc we find difficult to play our game and Liverpool is the master of total pressure will be very long game for us.

Its all depend of them and I hope result to not be too harsh at all and Liverpool to underestimated us to be some chance. 

I have no doubt we will stay easy this season but this game we have no chance at all imo.

• Like 2

A stat mentioned on TNC- they lost once last season, and that was to Man City! 

although I’ve no doubt DF will set us up to try to win (all other things being equal), a draw would be a pretty decent achievement.

My favourite aspect of this game is tactically, Farke v Klopp.. will one sorcerer outsmart the other? (Insert apprentice reference here)

2 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

A stat mentioned on TNC- they lost once last season, and that was to Man City! 

although I’ve no doubt DF will set us up to try to win (all other things being equal), a draw would be a pretty decent achievement.

My favourite aspect of this game is tactically, Farke v Klopp.. will one sorcerer outsmart the other? (Insert apprentice reference here)

A draw would be bloody brilliant!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

A draw would be bloody brilliant!

yep, I would be jumping for joy tbh

I think we may play well for a good period of the game but I can see us crumbling to some ruthless attacking play as the game goes on, especially if we fall behind and go looking for the equaliser. Similar to what happened against Atalanta.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we get anything from the game, more interested to see how we play against the big boys.

The match will be abandoned on 55 minutes due to a waterlogged pitch with the score at 1-0 to Liverpool.

Big Vince will blame Delia as she goes to church & couldn't get God to sort out the weather.

The re-arranged fixture ends in a 1-1 draw.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

The match will be abandoned on 55 minutes due to a waterlogged pitch with the score at 1-0 to Liverpool.

Big Vince will blame Delia as she goes to church & couldn't get God to sort out the weather.

The re-arranged fixture ends in a 1-1 draw.

You’ve seen the weather forecast then. I am, unusually, in a dilemma about what to wear.

Liverpool should win this comfortably, especially with the injuries we've got, 3-1 I think

At least put in a good show for the fans travelling and you never know, football is a funny game.

Lawrenson a bell end as usual. Predicting an undefeated season for Liverpool again no doubt.

This will be fun to come back to later in the season. Pukki will have 10 goals by Christmas easy.

642236B8-F8CE-4698-9C1D-2F7DC10FD5AD.jpeg

I remember Lawrenson saying that we were 9 months from League 2 after our defeat to Colchester...... didn't happen though did it?

I love these Big Club legends who give proof, if it were needed, that ability and intelligence aren't the same thing. 

• Haha 1

It could be anything, except maybe 6-0 to us.

In a state of utter excitement & anticipation. Will we be 'found out'? Will we take Liverpool by surprise? Will we be overrun? Capitulate? (Don't think so).

Whatever happens, I think it'll be no more indicative of our season than the friendlies. The 'phoney war' match. As the season progresses we'll end up playing better or worse than tonight. My money's on better.

To be fair nothing too outrageous in Lawrinson's comments there other than he clearly has not seen us play much as if he had he would know that scoring goals is not going to be our issue (regardless of how many Pukki gets we will still create loads of chances) but keeping them out certainly will be.

As the game approaches I keep fluctuating between confidence that we will give them a good game and could possibly nick something if they have an off night and fear of a complete hiding if we defend anything like we did against Atalanta in the second half and at certain points last season where we were just so open that every time we gave the ball away they were in on goal. Ball retention under pressure is key tonight and for that reason I think I would go for Leitner over McClean but its a real shame we did not get Amadou a couple of weeks earlier so we could play with a proper defensive midfielder tonight.

One thing is for sure, we will be subjected to an intense, high press from Liverpool so no excuses if the boys are not prepared for that.

20 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

You’ve seen the weather forecast then. I am, unusually, in a dilemma about what to wear.

Rubber soled shoes for sure....

Weather is going to be a factor in the match this evening.  Very strong wind, driving rain.  Could favour us, we like to play the ball on the ground anyway - and the crowd will soon get tetchy if Liverpool aren't dominating.  We will be totally up for it, regardless of conditions - and can see that some of theirs might not enjoy the conditions though.  Whatever, it's going to be a fascinating encounter, hoping to see Klopp blow a fuse as we romp to a 2-0 victory.....

Edited by lake district canary

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Weather is going to be a factor in the match this evening.  Very strong wind, driving rain.  Could favour us, we like to play the ball on the ground anyway - and the crowd will soon get tetchy if Liverpool aren't dominating.  We will be totally up for it, regardless of conditions - and can see that some of theirs might not enjoy the conditions though.  It's going to be a fascinating encounter, hoping to see Klopp blow a fuse as we romp to a 2-0 victory.....

I'm going for 2-2 with the aid of VAR.

If you get to Anfield or have to watch on TV just enjoy two teams playing skilled and exciting football and may the best team on the day win or may it be a fair draw. A great match to start the Premiership season.

I certainly think we'll score and be competitive for the full 90 minutes but not sure we can hold out toward the end and so believe it`ll end 3 - 1. 

Hope I`m wrong but I`d be happy with a gutsy performance that`ll give hope for the forthcoming season.

• Like 1

As long as we give it a good go, maintain some momentum from last season, I'll be happy. 

....as long as Liverpool know they've been in a game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flecky10 said:

I certainly think we'll score and be competitive for the full 90 minutes but not sure we can hold out toward the end and so believe it`ll end 3 - 1. 

Hope I`m wrong but I`d be happy with a gutsy performance that`ll give hope for the forthcoming season.

Same here, 3-1 , I think we'll score , but defensively we will not be up to the challenge against Salah, etc... Just glad ratface isn't playing 4 them anymore...

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

....as long as Liverpool know they've been in a game. 

Something to shut up the press and those annoying pundits Lawro and Hansen 🙂

• Haha 1