Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Maguire £80 million!

Don’t get me wrong, he’s 26 and full England international, but I’m not sure he’s that good!

Football transfers and fees still mental in my opinion, funny I just don’t see him improving Manure into a top four side! Only good thing for Manure is how poor Arsenal & Chelsea look, but it’s one of them three for fourth for me, Man City, Liverpool & Spurs are way ahead.

• Like 3

Mings for £26m, Kelly for £13m... The list continues. 

This is the market in the Premier League nowadays and it raises two points:

How much could we fetch for Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis in this market? Combined total has to be £70-£80m right now.

Is this the reason why we haven't added the famous defensive midfielder? If this is how much domestic players cost at the moment then it's no wonder we aren't prepared to play ball. 

• Like 2

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. I bet they are creaming themselves on the sky sports transfer programme! 

7 minutes ago, One Flew Over... said:

Leicester now have up to 80 million to spend on a replacement. Should we be worried about Godfrey?

Nope I thought they were lining up Lewis Dunk as a replacement?

• Like 1

Reported as  £85 mil sterling on Irish radio. That's about €50 mil  isn't  it? 😁😂 Or will be soon.

Edited by wcorkcanary

I expect our 'bargain buys; will be a talking point not too long into the season, if only that most games will feature a comparison between what we have spent and what our opponents have spent.

It should be noted that most of these transfers are on the never never ie stage payments set against incoming stage payments

Quite happy with how we are doing things. Title winners would rather suggest our method is working, more so given the style in which we won that tittle.

• Like 2

England international

Young for a CB

Prem experience

Modern CB good on the ball and carrying it.

80m not ridiculous in modern market taking the above into account.

It was reported that our total spend on transfers would only be 20m.

So far nothing to speak of has been spent.

So £80m on one player just indicates what we are up against.

Oh well!!

Silly prices but the price is always what a club would pay, and is unrelated to worth or value.

Here it's mainly highlighting how desperate Manu had become and that Leicester didn't need or want to sell. Spent weeks negotiating to virtually pay the originally quoted price.

• Like 2

I certainly think he’s a better fit for Man Utd than Man City, but he’s not an £80mil defender. 

Solid, decent-ish with the ball, slow. £40-45mil about right. Double that is just ridiculous.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Petriix said:

Meh. Would rather have Zimmermann. 

Actually you’re not wrong, if Zimmermann keeps improving he could be vital to us this year, he reminds me of Jonny Evans in his prime, in his style of play.

9 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

It was reported that our total spend on transfers would only be 20m.

So far nothing to speak of has been spent.

So £80m on one player just indicates what we are up against.

Oh well!!

A lot of that £20m has gone into new contracts

My brother is a Hammer and he's creaming himself over them spending 45 mill on Haller.  West Ham are a mid table side.... goes to show what we're up against. 

I wonder when and who the first bang average player will be to break the £100 million transfer fee. I’m not saying Maguire isn’t decent, he is, but Man Utd have been absolutely bent over with that fee. Well played Leicester City 👏🏻

• Like 1