Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

So Then - time to nail your colours to the mast

46 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

😮😮😮

Sad to say I nailed it with my prediction.

Was it you who used to post under the name Mystic Meg ? 😀 Uncannily accurate so far and unless we can produce form up there with the Liverpools you’re going to be spot on.

Fair play.

1 hour ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

😮😮😮

Sad to say I nailed it with my prediction.

No you didn’t, you missed Covid......😂👍

Fair play to norfolkbroadslim. Good summary if depressingly realistic. 

I've wondered whether actually we've missed the crowd as '12th man' more than most teams as lockdown has relaxed. We've needed the crowd to give that crucial moral support.

18 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Fair play to norfolkbroadslim. Good summary if depressingly realistic. 

I've wondered whether actually we've missed the crowd as '12th man' more than most teams as lockdown has relaxed. We've needed the crowd to give that crucial moral support.

100% we missed the crowd. Even against man utd we would have given ourselves a chance with a loud CR behind them.

As for norfolkbroadslim's prediction, you nailed it spot on (so far). However, even without an additional CD, which we needed, I think taking away the defensive injuries (especially to Klose) we would have been in a much better position now. Rather a cruel season for us in many ways.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

So as we troop into the Emirates on Wednesday on 21pts is it safe to assume you think we're down ? 🙂🙂

As ever Graham it is the hope that killed me.

It is interesting to read the thread again and note that more than the one poster identified our achilles heels before a ball was kicked.

2 hours ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Yes, there are still 7 games left, but I think everyone at the club is now focused on next season being in the Champs.  We may well see a couple of unexpected results before the end of the season though.

Next season is a really tricky one.  Impossible for any predictions until we see what the final squad will be.  I have no doubt players will leave for big money.  It will be interesting to see who their replacements will be.

I think next year will be a difficult season as I can see Aarons, Cantwell, Lewis, Godfrey and Buendia all pushing for moves, and Leitner, Trybull, Stiepermann, Klose, McLean, Rupp, Vrancic and Tettey all having 1-2 years left on their contracts (and most of them not getting extensions).

I think it's going to be difficult to get a squad together that's going to come straight back up, but is genuinely stronger and capable of staying up in the Premiership.

NBS called it well, fair play. 

I dont think one CDM would have made a significant difference - certainly no more so than the difference our injury crisis in defence made.

6 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I think next year will be a difficult season as I can see Aarons, Cantwell, Lewis, Godfrey and Buendia all pushing for moves, and Leitner, Trybull, Stiepermann, Klose, McLean, Rupp, Vrancic and Tettey all having 1-2 years left on their contracts (and most of them not getting extensions).

I think it's going to be difficult to get a squad together that's going to come straight back up, but is genuinely stronger and capable of staying up in the Premiership.

This is the difficulty.

Add Godfrey, Krul and Pukki to the five names you mentioned, and there are eight players who might all be tempted by approaches from top-tier clubs. I actually think that with the Covid situation, we may end up hanging on to more of our young talents than we would have done previously; they'll be worth less, but will achieve more in the Championship to increase their value again as the market picks up pace again in 2021.

I think selling two of those eight players would give us enough money to offset the losses from relegation and reinvest in decent players in key postions (CB, DM, FW). I fancy Webber and Farke to identify and integrate players (both from the market and from our Academy) to get us back up next season. However, if we do go back up, next summer there will be a huge (and justified) clamour for us to strengthen our squad more than we did last summer.

On 03/08/2019 at 20:05, Making Plans said:

If Cardiff missed survival by just 3 points then we are going to be fine

My expectation was sadly misguided faith

I had it but the team didn't

Edited by Making Plans

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Unlikely to be wrong now.

Apart from your prediction that the season wouldn’t finish 😁

It's a wee bit early for too much back slapping. There's still seven games to go....

Last season didn't people wait until the end before shaming the doom mongers?

It's like no one's ever right two seasons in a row🙃

• Like 1