Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

So Then - time to nail your colours to the mast

Apart from the 92/93 squad I think this is the best squad we have had in the PL.

Mind you, it needs to be because the quality of the PL has gone up a bit in the last 15 years.

Nevertheless, I can see us getting 40 points and I don't think we will be the whipping boys that all the pundits think we'll be.

This squad, our style of play and our desire will see us through.

I think we will surprise a few teams who will under estimate our quality and our team spirit.

And yes, it is me saying this.

• Like 1

Anywhere from 15th down, however without a new DM I can see us slipping into relegation. Again we need to be safe with 2-3 games to go. The fixtures are reasonable but hope we have already secured it to enjoy the last game of the season.

Newcastle home game is very critical to get that first win on the board, at home anyway 😉

8 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Ok! Personally, without more signings coming in the door this summer, I really can't see it. I guess that, if the offer is too good to refuse, it might happen. But I'd be prepared to stick my neck out now and say we'll hold on to them at least until the end of the season.

In fact, IF we're doing well it would be even MORE of an incentive to keep those kinds of players

I agree that we’d like to keep all of them, but it’s not likely if they are performing really well, there’s always those clubs willing to gamble and spend daft money, we’ll see it’s just a thought, they need to get us there and perform before this ever happens 😂

9 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Apart from the 92/93 squad I think this is the best squad we have had in the PL.

Mind you, it needs to be because the quality of the PL has gone up a bit in the last 15 years.

Nevertheless, I can see us getting 40 points and I don't think we will be the whipping boys that all the pundits think we'll be.

I think we will surprise a few teams who will under estimate our quality and our team spirit.

Oh ****e, if MP is positive on our chances we’re doomed 😂👍

I really don't expect us to stay up. 

I really do expect us to leak a lot of goals. 

I expect our weakness will be direct attacks down the middle. Atalanta did us a favour but will we learn? I don't think we have enough midfield strength. 

I expect our young players to do well and fear the experienced ones might choke. 

As I said the Atalanta game could be a premonition. Failure to take chances then picked off through high conversion attacks. 

But I hope Farke sticks to his principles. I remember Alex Neil going into his shell after a heavy loss at Newcastle when we played well, didn't convert and got picked off. That loss of nerve helped relegate us. 

I do not want to hear about 'brave little Norwich.' I hope we show character and get some luck. 

The Newcastle game is the big one. 

• Like 1

We'll learn quickly, have some momentum and yes get spanked and yet catch a few of the big boys out too . Half way.

Tenth.

Expecting DM cover and Rhodes incoming, if not it's likely because Mr Webber won't let anyone take the pee (that's his job) and he'll maybes tee it up for January instead - the man's got nerve and knows Daniel can meantime conjure up a workaround if need be. Expecting same clubs as 2018-19 to fill top nine places but not necessarily in the same order, with us the best of the rest and if we set fresh problems in the second half of the season we could even push higher - more likely than relegation IMO. 😎

Or maybes I should just shut up!  

• Like 1

Before the transfer window Keith was confident. Should have known better. The board are once again letting us down and doing things on the cheap. Been here numerous times before. Clear where the squad needs strengthening, board does nothing about it, result, relegation. Sound familiar? We're gonna concede bucket loads this season and finish 19th above Burnley. 

14th for me. Solid squad kept intact from last season and four quality players signed from top level clubs to increase the quality and depth. Heise could be considered a fifth and Idah is this year's talent emerging from the Academy. We'll take some beatings but we'll also produce some shocks and get enough points to survive comfortably.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith Scott said:

Before the transfer window Keith was confident. Should have known better. The board are once again letting us down and doing things on the cheap. Been here numerous times before. Clear where the squad needs strengthening, board does nothing about it, result, relegation. Sound familiar? We're gonna concede bucket loads this season and finish 19th above Burnley. 

Can't have all this positivity Keith, so let's look on the dark side......

We may finish in the top half. 😀

4 hours ago, Making Plans said:

A joy to read:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Van wink

14th for me. I see VAR being more of a leveller as more decisions will go against the bigger teams.  We’ve got to hope our Defence learns quickly and Krul doesn’t drop too many clangers  costing valuable points.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

i thought it was a good post.

On topic if we can muster 15 to 20 points by Christmas we will stay up.

You are Waveney and I claim a refund for the 7-45 to North Walsham that never turned up.😁

2 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

Keitho, Burnley are in the premier League not Lge 1.

The top 6 will be a free hit - can't see us taking anything off them. Anything we do get is a bonus!

As several have said I think we'll surprise a few and I think there will be at least 3 worse than us.

15th

Trying to take my emotional connection away, I would look at Norwich transfer business and predict 20th.

I fancy is to score in most games, but I can't see many clean sheets.

But i honestly feel we are 1 Good CDM away from mid table.

Maybe letting my heart rule head but I'm going for a lofty 17th ahead of Brighton palace and Southampton.

I think we'll go down, but I won't lose my head if we do. It's an incredibly tough league and were trying to do it a little differently. I respect what we're going for but have a feeling we may just come up short.

I have long since brought my head into line with my heart. No internal strife for me. Gone are the days where half of me hopes to be wrong and the other half hopes to be right. It's what's in our heart that matters anyway.

So it's 12th👍🙃💛💚

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

Blimey. There's a herd of them........

Haha, they all are turning up now, can't think why. Shame they missed most of last season. It was a thriller they would have enjoyed.

Anyway, prediction. I think we'll have enough to stay up, but it will be a tough season, with a few tempers lost😉😀