Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

So Then - time to nail your colours to the mast

One week to go before we kick off, we have seen the transfer business and more importantly who we have kept.

what is your opinion on where we will finish

i genuinely think we are good enough to get 15/16th place.

so for me we will survive provided we keep our key players like Pukki fit

Anything is possible.  If I was pushed I would say top, because that is the dream for every team, but I know that would bring ridicule, as usual......but it is possible we are on the cusp of a truly remarkable situation. Brian Clough is long gone, but anyone who remembers that era knows it can be done against the odds. It happened with Leicester who kept going against the odds....it can happen again, but it's difficult to predict.

As I said, anything is possible, from 20th to 1st.

We could have undoubetly have done with Derby winning that playoff final instead of Villa ..as I could have seen us finish above them,Sheff Utd and Brighton....as it is when you look around to identify another side that we could finish above , it becomes a little harder.

....Newcastle look an ordinary squad if players and if Joelinton doesnt score the goals theyre in for a struggle.

....reluctanly ,although I think we have goals in us , a defense that still conceded 55 goals last season and hasnt been adressed (unless Fahrmann saves us plenty of points) will be our undoing...I can see us needing to score 3 or 4 just to get a point in many games.

.....reluctantly 18th....above Brighton and Sheff Utd

3 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Unless we get a CDM or DCM we're doomed.

Apples

MCD or CMD any good? I know a couple. 

• Haha 1

I think it’s going to be a really competitive, exciting league this season. There will be a dominant top 2/3 taking points off most. But the rest of the top 6 are relatively weaker, while the middle has got stronger. Can see a higher points total required for safety this term.

Still 3 teams worse than us at least. Going 16th. 

42 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Shut up.

i thought it was a good post.

On topic if we can muster 15 to 20 points by Christmas we will stay up.

I’m confident of 16th, I think we’ll hit the ground running and get 23 points before end of January, probably sell one or two from clubs with daft bids and scrape another 16 points, finishing on 39 points.

16th.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

i thought it was a good post.

On topic if we can muster 15 to 20 points by Christmas we will stay up.

Shut up.

I was more confident earlier in the summer. I think we're very capable of scoring in this league but fear we may have to score two or more to win a game. Godfrey aside, the lack of pace at CB concerns me, especially as we currently lack a more mobile CM. 

I thought 14th originally and the optimist in me says we'll stay up, but only just. 

Somewhere in the bottom 6, it’s going to be tough; I’d have been much happier with a bit more squad strengthening....I suppose there’s always a chance that one or two u23s will step up.

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’m confident of 16th, I think we’ll hit the ground running and get 23 points before end of January, probably sell one or two from clubs with daft bids and scrape another 16 points, finishing on 39 points.

16th.

You think we'll sell in January?? No way!

I can't see us shifting any of the current crop until the end of the season and that will all be dependent on how we do. If we sold, we certainly wouldn't have time to get new players in, in Jan, and Webber is not a fan of that window anyway.

Where will we finish? 12th.

Edited by BobLoz3

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

A lot of rudeness on this thread. People need to play the post not the poster.

Shut up.

• Haha 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

The thread is fine. If you have nothing to say, better not to say anything.

Snowflake.

12th. Still confident despite a relatively low key transfer window. I just feel we’ve still got a lot more to come from this squad,  and the hard work ethic, team spirit and fluency of play that has been built up will continue to reep rewards this season

16 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

You think we'll sell in January?? No way!

I can't see us shifting any of the current crop until the end of the season and that will all be dependent on how we do. If we sold, we certainly wouldn't have time to get new players in, in Jan, and Webber is not a fan of that window anyway.

Where will we finish? 12th.

Everyone has a price and if we’re off to a flyer it’ll be down to some good performances. That’s my concern, Godfrey Aarons will certainly demand big money and it’s January when silly season starts, so yep I can see us selling if we’ve caught the eye of a few scouts.

26 minutes ago, Indy said:

Everyone has a price and if we’re off to a flyer it’ll be down to some good performances. That’s my concern, Godfrey Aarons will certainly demand big money and it’s January when silly season starts, so yep I can see us selling if we’ve caught the eye of a few scouts.

Ok! Personally, without more signings coming in the door this summer, I really can't see it. I guess that, if the offer is too good to refuse, it might happen. But I'd be prepared to stick my neck out now and say we'll hold on to them at least until the end of the season.

In fact, IF we're doing well it would be even MORE of an incentive to keep those kinds of players