Sign in to follow this  
unique

“..thank goodness it’s over....”

“It’s been a long time but thank goodness it’s over” says Mrs. Naismith.....

Well it didn’t have to be such ‘ a long time ‘, did it?

If stories are correct, Naismith picked up the equivalent of an average 6 years’ salary by not signing for any other club until 1st August.

What a couple of bell**ds.........

20 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

I can't believe Hearts were stupid enough to give him a 4 year contract...😂

Apples

I feel like that'll make him about 43 by the time his contract is up! 😉

Who can blame him for taking the money. The club offered him the contract. I'm sure most peole being critical of him wouldn't have walked out of the contract had their employer done the same. 

• Like 1

There were rumours of him signing in the summer before, I believe. It was clear some of the Scottish boys in the squad must have pushed for him too, being a good egg.

His signing was always a push, it is a shame he could not buy in to the new direction the club went with. In the end it allowed him to keep a premier League wage for a few years and although he was in between Norwich and Scotland he was never to far away from Scotland.

Agree that the message is not great today, however they are blowing off steam and I think we have, by saying he is one of our worst signings. He never bought into NCFC and the direction the club needed to go to after relegation. Pinto and Klose bought in so a shame he couldn't.

Not a loss in the end, but a very costly failure.

Yeah Matt Jarvis was in a similar position, but sensibly kept his head down and his mouth shut. Unlike Steven "I'd play for free" Naismith.

If you were being kind to Mrs Naisy you would say she is expressing relief at the end of ‘uncertainty’.

But the reality is Mr Naisy was pretending there was uncertainty, giving a running commentary on the ‘negotiations’ with hearts, when he has signed at the earliest possible time that also got FA windfall.

Really bitter taste in the mouth. 

I never had a problem with him picking up his big wage as after all the club offered them to him. Holding out signing for a new club for an extra bonus though after all his nonsense about playing for free...

Leaves a nasty taste and stuff like this shows that he's just a greedy little ****. 

For perspective, she also replied to one tweet with: "Norfolk is a beautiful place that we only have happy memories of.  We have friends for life down there and will visit soon.  Best of luck this season."

Yes, I'd have like him to roll his sleeves up and give it a go a bit more than he appeared to, but is he to blame for accepting the big contract he was offered?

Still, no point looking backwards now, water under the bridge and all that.  Well done to him and his agent for getting a 4 year deal!