ron obvious

Trouble In Paradise

17 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Which part in particular?

Not sure that there's anything 'wild' 'extravagant ' 'libelous' or 'dishonest' in what I've said but you're free to clarify that for me. 

Unfortunately in this crazy world that we now live in saying anything about anyone out loud either in the form of spoken or written without any factual evidence behind it is slander (I've grouped together wild/extravagant etc under that tag for the avoidance of being 'Bill'd) as it could have a negative impact on a person's reputation and therefore libelous. 

Generalising that he has taken anything not nailed down without clarity or evidence therefore' could' therefore be seen as slander and therefore libelous. 

I work in a world where my major competitor does some stuff that is let's say questionable, I spend my life saying no comment when my customers ask me about what they do and how they go about it!? 

Such a delicate world we live in these days unfortunately. 

Edited by Rich T The Biscuit

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

So when Evans took the training ground and put it into one of his other companies, why would he do that?

Of course the debt counts, if he sells the Club for 30 mill, he has to write off all the money that he's put in. 

He didn't take the training ground. He bought it. There are rules about the valuation of assets transferred from a company to shareholder so the land will have been independently valued. It will have been done for two reasons. One was to get money into the club. The other was to protect the training ground from creditors if the worse came to the worst and the club went bust. But the transfer of assets has been done by several other clubs, most recently Derby County. 

The offshore part of it is personal tax avoidance. If it's done properly it is perfectly legal but it is an indication of the nature of the man. 

4 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Unfortunately in this crazy world that we now live in saying anything about anyone out loud either in the form of spoken or written without any factual evidence behind it is slander (I've grouped together wild/extravagant etc under that tag for the avoidance of being 'Bill'd) as it could have a negative impact on a person's reputation and therefore libelous. 

Generalising that he has taken anything not nailed down without clarity or evidence therefore' could' therefore be seen as slander and therefore libelous. 

I work in a world where my major competitor does some stuff that is let's say questionable, I spend my life saying no comment when my customers ask me about what they do and how they go about it!? 

Such a delicate world we live in these days unfortunately. 

Libel and slander are 2 different things. Slander is the spoken word and libel is the written word. Libel is more serious because it leaves a permanent record. 

I don't think it's anything to do with the modern world being delicate. If you accused me of theft on a public forum with no evidence whatsoever I would be very angry. Evans probably won't be bothered. 

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Libel and slander are 2 different things. Slander is the spoken word and libel is the written word. Libel is more serious because it leaves a permanent record. 

I don't think it's anything to do with the modern world being delicate. If you accused me of theft on a public forum with no evidence whatsoever I would be very angry. Evans probably won't be bothered. 

OK, but the principles are the same, people can't accuse people of stuff without having some evidence to support it.

Sure he wouldn't but either way people posting stuff like that need to be careful not just on here but in general. 

8 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

OK, but the principles are the same, people can't accuse people of stuff without having some evidence to support it.

Sure he wouldn't but either way people posting stuff like that need to be careful not just on here but in general. 

Christ, I didn't say he had ' taken anything not nailed down' I had agreed with Bill who made that claim,  going on to say that 'it appears that they have nothing left to sell '

Once again, not that they 'had' nothing left to sell, merely how it 'appears'

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

You're quite right but unfortunately there are ill informed comments about football finance on this forum all the time. I have regularly seen posts questioning where the money at Carrow Road has gone. 99% of them are nonsense. I do think that what Evans has done at Ipswich is disgusting but he hasn't broken the law. We should perhaps all be grateful that he didn't buy our club. 

Having said that, the mess down the road does make me smile. I am old enough to remember the days when the Cobbold family ran Ipswich and they had some fantastic teams. I used to dread the local derbys but the last few years have been brilliant. The tables have well and truly turned and unless someone with a shed load of money is impressed that they won the FA Cup in the last century it is likely to stay this way😊

The amazing thing about TWTD is that no one moans about Sheepshanks. He was responsible for borrowing £30m (or £32m apparently) to pay for thousands of new seats that have hardly ever been used. To fund that debt they would have had to sell 90% of the seats for 20 years to pay back the loan. It beggars belief that someone was stupid enough to borrow the money and I'm amazed that Norwich Union lent it to them. 

Sheepshanks then sold out to an arms dealer. He is the one the Ipswich fans should be angry with but it's a bit late now. 

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

Christ, I didn't say he had ' taken anything not nailed down' I had agreed with Bill who made that claim,  going on to say that 'it appears that they have nothing left to sell '

I didn't say you did

37 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Really?

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

Because that's how it appears. 

I'm not disputing what you put so no need to take offence. 

To some people it does appear that way, the only person who actually knows what has gone on is the owner and his accountant. 

16 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

As a general principle you should always take what Bill says as Gospel.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I'm not disputing what you put so no need to take offence. 

To some people it does appear that way, the only person who actually knows what has gone on is the owner and his accountant. 

Not offended Rich T, far from it, this is just a clarification of opinions and I'm happy to learn from anyone on this forum. 

As I've said before, I live half a World away and rely on you guys who are closer to the action than me.

26 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Not offended Rich T, far from it, this is just a clarification of opinions and I'm happy to learn from anyone on this forum. 

As I've said before, I live half a World away and rely on you guys who are closer to the action than me.

That's OK then as I wasn't trying to. 

Back on topic though they look like they're in a world of trouble and as much as I'd love to see them suffer I would wish any club to go through what Bolton are going through. 

It doesn't just affect the players or coaches, it's the support staff, local businesses etc etc and the community that suffers. 

I read the other day that one of the Bolton staff now only goes in part time as they can't afford the cost of travelling to work!? 

There needs to be better controls in place to stop this stuff from happening, don't know what it is but something needs to change. 

• Like 1