ron obvious

Trouble In Paradise

Just had a peek at TWTD. Wow! at least a dozen threads about their press conference, & they ain't good. General view seems to be The Messiah & the club are about to part ways ...

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

HOW AWFUL
AAAAAAOOOOOW NAAAAAAAAOW

Pretty bad if they're calling on the Under 3's. Surely that's illegal?

But he's the Messiah, he can do anything...even win the league with toddlers. 🤣

Apples

Edited by Mr Apples

It was always on the cards that Lambert would find an excuse to jump ship. That's what he does.

The fact that he has continually exaggerated the positive to the point of ridicule and is now assuming a completely opposite stance just confirms that his time at Ipswich might well turn out to be one of the biggest con tricks ever perpetuated in the modern game.

As a manager he had his place in the sun, ably backed by others, a fair wind and the massive support the fans gave his team even when they were in League 1. His record since he left Carrow Road has been somewhat dodgy and unlike many successful  managers, with City for example and from Bond through to Walker and now with Farke  I do not think that he has either the tactical nous or personality to be a success at the managerial game. He's a bit of a fraud actually, who struck lucky. 

When he arrived at Portman Road I recollect that the view of the fans (TWTD) was that their own messiah just had to steady the ship until his Winter) window. Then with his own players he would manufacture a revival of such proportions that it would see the team   climb up the league and out of danger.

What happened then was a run of results that probably matched the worst that any manager of that club has ever achieved.

Yet they still stuck by him and swallowed his bull shine to the point of an ignominious relegation. Hot air won the day though.

Do that club ever get anything right?

It's quite bizarre.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

How can this be ?

How many times have folk on here told me that Evans is an hinvestor and my comments that he is bleeding them dry are wrong ?

After all, isn't he 'pumping in money' to the tune of £6m a year ? 🤔

Or maybe Bll has been right all along and he is bleeding them dry hence a squad od misfits and freebies, a club that was relegated last season after a calamitous season, with a stadium that makes Steptoe's Yard look like the Palace of Versaille

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

How can this be ?

How many times have folk on here told me that Evans is an hinvestor and my comments that he is bleeding them dry are wrong ?

After all, isn't he 'pumping in money' to the tune of £6m a year ? 🤔

Or maybe Bll has been right all along and he is bleeding them dry hence a squad od misfits and freebies, a club that was relegated last season after a calamitous season, with a stadium that makes Steptoe's Yard look like the Palace of Versaille

To be fair, he's probably 'pumping in' £6m just to keep them out of liquidation. He's made a monumental mistake and the debt is increasing all the time. The only concern is that he might somehow convince a real 'hinvestor' to buy his stake, using their 'glorious history' to hoodwink them into taking it on. If that doesn't happen, Evans and ITFC are in a world of trouble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

To be fair, he's probably 'pumping in' £6m just to keep them out of liquidation. He's made a monumental mistake and the debt is increasing all the time. The only concern is that he might somehow convince a real 'hinvestor' to buy his stake, using their 'glorious history' to hoodwink them into taking it on. If that doesn't happen, Evans and ITFC are in a world of trouble.

Shame. Crying shame. 🤣

Oh i am going to have fun at the wedding 'Er Indoors and myself are attending in L1pswich on 7th September.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Exactly, suspect what he's doing is trying to get their running costs down to the bare minimum so he has to pump in less every season and make it slightly more palatable for any new buyers!? 

Maybe they can sell their stars and see if that helps the financial situation 😁

• Haha 1

Thought I'd dust off this piece of genius especially for the occasion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

dearie, dear me

he's doing nothing of the kind, as Lambert's comments this morning demonstrate

ITFC have bee in a 'world of trouble long' before they handed over the club to him

Evans has merely exploited that trouble to make off with anything that wasn't nailed down

... and even some of that has been prised up and had away

16 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thought I'd dust off this piece of genius especially for the occasion.

Could play that over and over again.  Maybe with Mick telling the Ipswich fans to politely F'off thrown in from time to time too!

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

dearie, dear me

ITFC have bee in a 'world of trouble long' before they handed over the club to him

Evans has merely exploited that trouble to make off with anything that wasn't nailed down

Please show your workings. I'd imagine £6m was a conservative estimate of the money required to bridge the financial gap between the Championship and League 1. If he wasn't putting any of his money in, they'd probably be facing a winding-up petition already.

I don't need to show anything

You claim is just speculation as you admit

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yep, either way there's an even bigger black hole to fill. Obviously all the sell-on clause money has been sucked into it, and neither of us know whether ME has had to cough up additional money to keep the club afloat.

Attendances shouldn't change much, as season ticket sales were nearly 12,000 by the first deadline, but TV income drops massively. Anything other than an excellent start to the season and the rats may start to desert the sinking ship...

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/financial-impact-of-ipswich-town-relegation-to-league-one-1-5995563

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

So is yours Bill, can you prove that he’s taken everything from the club be it nailed down or not?

The reality is that he is having to put money in, there is no way that a club that turns over around 11k fans for home matches, has wages to pay for staff and players, kit to buy, rent to pay etc etc can do that just on their measly takings each home game or through sponsorships.

Yes they are in deep trouble and he’s simply I suspect just putting in the bare minimum needed to keep it ticking over.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

The fact that he has continually exaggerated the positive to the point of ridicule and is now assuming a completely opposite stance just confirms that his time at Ipswich might well turn out to be one of the biggest con tricks ever perpetuated in the modern game..

Is this the Brexit thread?

Reporter: can you get promoted with this squad?

Lambert: no. 

Ha ha. Nothing like some optimism being crushed on the eve of a new season. Seems he is very much in full protection mode ready for when he is again exposed as not being the manager he once was and shifting the blame onto the owner. 

He even starts glad-handing the locals, he mentioned they had won the Uefa Cup (always good to remind them of their history), said how triffic the fans are, real man of the people stuff. He will get sacked in mid table and leave a hero somehow! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Well, actually the accounts does show on an almost yearly basis Evan's injecting circa 6m into the club on a yearly basis. Admittedly, this isnt the case every year where player sales can sometimes fulfill what would otherwise be a shortfall.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, actually the accounts does show on an almost yearly basis Evan's injecting circa 6m into the club on a yearly basis. Admittedly, this isnt the case every year where player sales can sometimes fulfill what would otherwise be a shortfall.

What you put is pretty much in line with the journalist story posted as a link earlier in the thread. 

It said there that on average he's putting in £6m so not speculation if the journo is to be believed of course. 

7 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

So is yours Bill, can you prove that he’s taken everything from the club be it nailed down or not?

The reality is that he is having to put money in, there is no way that a club that turns over around 11k fans for home matches, has wages to pay for staff and players, kit to buy, rent to pay etc etc can do that just on their measly takings each home game or through sponsorships.

Yes they are in deep trouble and he’s simply I suspect just putting in the bare minimum needed to keep it ticking over.

the training ground

"can you prove that he’s taken everything from the club be it nailed down or not?"

that's you making up stuff again as my actual words were "some of that"

otherwise the onus is on you to back your speculation with facts ie the actual accounts that show where this money is being transferred into the club

if it was, then the debt would be rising by that amount every year... it is not

so perhaps some evidence beyond journalists guessing

9 hours ago, Bill said:

dearie, dear me

Just pick that one word I used differently, well done 👏 OK so based on what you said everything not nailed down or in your words anything not nailed down (same thing) he's made off with, sorry had to use the word made and make off is poor English. 

I don't need to provide evidence as I was referring to a journalist report but I suspect you might want to provide evidence of what Evans has made off with as if you can't that's slander old boy.