Sign in to follow this  
Bill

C'mon you binnerss

I hope that most on here can put aside petty rivalry and get behind our impoverished neighbours as the begin their fight to avoid the drop.

A motley crew of freebies, no hopers and aged retainers deserve our support, if only by the dint of backing the underdog.

Poorman Rd may look tatty and unkempt, the squad may look rather threadbare but the spirit will not be lacking and so I can only say, once again, c'mon you binners.

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Nah, let them rot in League 1. The Championship is too good for them.

Harsh.

On League 1.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Nah, let them rot in League 1. The Championship is too good for them.

I fear our poor rural cousins may see L1 as an aspiration come next summer

We should do all we can to help, perhaps some kind of Blue Binner appeal

Collect old bottle tops, keys or something to raise money for them

12 hours ago, Bill said:

A motley crew of freebies, no hopers and aged retainers deserve our support, if only by the dint of backing the underdog.

I'm not sure that we're in a position to mock them not spending any money on new players? We can mock them for many things, but we've hardly splashed the cash.

Note: I don't think we need to. I'm just not sure that particularly stick is available for to us to hit them with.

35 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'm not sure that we're in a position to mock them not spending any money on new players? We can mock them for many things, but we've hardly splashed the cash.

Note: I don't think we need to. I'm just not sure that particularly stick is available for to us to hit them with.

That doesn’t make sense. Surely we can mock them for not spending when they needed to if we didn’t spend because we didn’t need to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

perhaps you could tell us all how much we have spent on signing on fees, wages and future add on liabilities etc

how much we have spent on upgraded player contracts as well so we can judge

as many on here are fully aware that if relegated we will receive only two years of parachute payments to cover three year contracts

whereas the paupers were relegated with a very weak squad, one that certainly needs strengthening, if only to avoid a further drop

signing players discarded by Lincoln City hardly suggest that ability

.....that's were they need our help, hence the Blue Binner appeal

Edited by Bill

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

perhaps you could tell us all how much we have spent on signing on fees, wages and future add on liabilities etc

how much we have spent on upgraded player contracts as well so we can judge

I can't. Can you?

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

but we've hardly splashed the cash.

changed you tune very quickly

If we're going to start an appeal, perhaps we should raise the money to pay what they owe St. John's Ambulance.

How embarrassing would it be to have Delia hand over a huge cheque before a game, maybe we could do it in front of the Sky cameras,  let the World know what levels our neighbours have sunk to.

As I have suggested before it might be charitable for us to hold a Binner Bowl match whereby bowls are passed amongst the crowd for donations to be made to the Binners. Perhaps a waving of wads of cash on 24 minutes might be appropriate also. 👏👏

Anyone else have the feeling that today could be Ipswich’s own version of our Colchester match? Lambert looks frustrated and uninterested, I’ve a feeling that Burton are going to a turn them over

I still can’t believe people don’t get it! We didn’t just stumble by luck winning the championship, we did it with a very strong squad, we’ve added a few good players and kept over £80 million pounds worth young talent! Probably more if Maguire is worth £80 million!

As others mentioned this is the strongest squad we’ve had in a very long time! Great structure, great management and a set structure which big money signing might upset.

Im happy to go with what we have and delighted we’ve not sold any players of note.

As for the binners I’m with Bill, I think they’re in for a shock of just how hard League one will be, my dark horses are Oxford for that league, made a few great signings in the last week and have a good manager behind them.

6 minutes ago, JF said:

Anyone else have the feeling that today could be Ipswich’s own version of our Colchester match? Lambert looks frustrated and uninterested, I’ve a feeling that Burton are going to a turn them over

Quite literally "Gone for Burton" then?

Seriously, we should support them, they are fellow East Anglians, wouldn't want them in L1 for more than a decade maybe?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Quite literally "Gone for Burton" then?

Seriously, we should support them, they are fellow East Anglians, wouldn't want them in L1 for more than a decade maybe?

Before dropping down to league 2?

I’m sure there will be Premier League 1, 2 and 3 by then so they may be promoted to the “new” Championship yes. 

1 hour ago, JF said:

Anyone else have the feeling that today could be Ipswich’s own version of our Colchester match? 

They're unlikely to lose 7-1, that said, their supporters have an unrealistic expectation, something to do with winning a Trophy 40 years ago or something. 

Fact is,  they have to go up this season or the FFP will do for them.

27 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

They're unlikely to lose 7-1, that said, their supporters have an unrealistic expectation, something to do with winning a Trophy 40 years ago or something. 

Fact is,  they have to go up this season or the FFP will do for them.

Yeah I didn’t really mean the score line but more a harsh awakening of the reality ahead and where they find themselves. I think Burton will do a job on them today and run out comfortable winners

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bill said:

changed you tune very quickly

I must have missed that bit? Stating I don't know how much we have spent on new contracts is not saying we have splashed the cash.

The simple fact is, compared to most in our league we have spent next to nothing on transfers. I am a firm believer that our squad is good enough  (but I would like one more in, a certain position in midfield...).  So, I do not think we are able to mock other teams for not spending. Maybe they think their team is good enough to walk League One and don't need more too? I genuinely couldn't name a player of theirs, so I have no idea.

Edited by All the Germans

Well a decent enough start for our fellow East Anglians. Next up the 'game of the season' with sleeping giant, Sunderland.

" A game worthy of the Premier League" no doubt. 

Here's a question: if some wizard offered that we'd equal the points in the PL the binners pick up in L1 at the end of the season, would you take the offer?

17 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

Here's a question: if some wizard offered that we'd equal the points in the PL the binners pick up in L1 at the end of the season, would you take the offer?

relegation ?

no thanks

3 hours ago, Rivvo said:

First Wizard?

Why not? He may have multiplied his supernatural powers in the happy hunting ground. In this case imagine the scene as a hologram-like apparition, Star Wars style. :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Bill said:

relegation ?

no thanks

The tricky thing is that in L1 the relegation limit is usually around 50 points, and even last placed teams often pick up as many as, or very near, 40...