Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

3rd kit apparently leaked...

If that is indeed the 3rd kit, then it gets a thumbs up from me.

In other Errea news, the kit manufacturer has upset Blackpool by not having their home shirts available for supporters this weekend. They forgot to make them or something similarly ridiculous. Blackpool fans will now have to wait until the end of August, maybe September before they become available.

I had someone tell me 3 weeks ago that the 3rd kit was grey. Would suggest to me this is legitimate as it'd be a hell of a coincidence if not. I don't love it, but then I tend to like flashier kits. It'll be a nice option for those that like to go a little understated.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Oddly...i'm not sure if we would possess a kit amongst our 3 that wouldnt clash with either wolves or watford ?!

Depends what colour their away kits are I’m guessing? At Wolves and Watford we can wear the 3rd kit, when they come to Carrow Rd they can wear their away kits I’m thinking?

A hessian sack if it had the sponsor and club logo would be bought and worn by plenty of numpties

48 minutes ago, splutcho said:

I had someone tell me 3 weeks ago that the 3rd kit was grey. Would suggest to me this is legitimate as it'd be a hell of a coincidence if not. I don't love it, but then I tend to like flashier kits. It'll be a nice option for those that like to go a little understated.

They are calling it ‘anthracite’ so it might at least come in handy to put on the fire when fuel stocks run out because of Brexit...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Imo those that design kits that are not bright need to get a memo from the club, or maybe the remit from the club to the designers should stipulate bright kits.  Anyone who has ever played football knows that the brighter the kit, the easier it is to pick fellow team mates out. 

Dark grey is potty.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Imo those that design kits that are not bright need to get a memo from the club, or maybe the remit from the club to the designers should stipulate bright kits.  Anyone who has ever played football knows that the brighter the kit, the easier it is to pick fellow team mates out. 

Dark grey is potty.

This is a very good point, Lakey. The style of football we play can only be greatly helped by being able to catch a yellow shirt in the corner of the eye and quickly make a split second decision. That may make things difficult in grey for sure, but we’ll see. I wonder if we’ll have to change the kits at half time against Southampton? ; ) 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

They are calling it ‘anthracite’ so it might at least come in handy to put on the fire when fuel stocks run out because of Brexit...

Do we import most of our coal? 🤨

I might be in the minority, but think 3rd kits should be banned. Use the home kit at home, and the away kit away, unless it clashes then you wear the home kit away. Can't see the need for most of these third kits, just more money in guessing....

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Dark grey is potty.

Agreed as do the ‘experts’ - remember Manure’s half time kit change? https://www.90min.com/posts/6224304-gary-neville-reveals-why-man-utd-ditched-grey-kit-at-half-time-during-1996-defeat-to-southampton

“imagine you've got this crowd behind you - there are colours that you can see quicker than others, that stand out more than others'. It's obvious. The reason people wear bright yellow on a motorway is so people can see them. People don't wear grey on a motorway!”

I suppose, in the interests of balance, and entirely logical, that it could be argued that being kitted out in grey would also make it harder for the opposition to follow our players, their movement etc, too. So it probably evens itself out. Horses for courses I guess?

I quite like it, but, am becoming a tad concerned about the number of leaks coming out of the club of late. We used to be one of the best at keeping things in house but this close season theres been two kit leaks and one signing leak... All pretty trivial so far, but, could be the thin end of the wedge...

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

I quite like it, but, am becoming a tad concerned about the number of leaks coming out of the club of late. We used to be one of the best at keeping things in house but this close season theres been two kit leaks and one signing leak... All pretty trivial so far, but, could be the thin end of the wedge...

This probably came out the same way the Man Utd and Everton 3rd Kits came out. Every season the PL publishes a handbook which has all the club's information on it. Apparently, when it was first released, this year's handbook had Man Utd's 3rd Kit in it before it was taken down and fixed. So I don't think this leak came from inside the club, more likely it came from the PL handbook

8 hours ago, AJ said:

I might be in the minority, but think 3rd kits should be banned. Use the home kit at home, and the away kit away, unless it clashes then you wear the home kit away. Can't see the need for most of these third kits, just more money in guessing....

Home kit home and away. Away kit should only be needed if it clashes with the home teams kit.

I think this has been designed as one that will be bought as an item to wear of an evening.

I am always embarrassed when I see people wearing the shirts on holiday or in the pub of an evening. But I think this one is, apart from the sponsors logo, simple and unobtrusive enough to be worn outside of football. It doesn't have to be covered in names and numbers.

But there again, I wouldn't pay £50 for any football shirt. I have my shirt, the one before the jigsaw, and I am happy with that. Fair dues to the club, but I do find any club kit or souvenirs is too expensive for what it is. Apart the NCFC Golf scorecard holder i bought earlier.

2 hours ago, cornish sam said:

As all three kits have been slipped out before the club announcement, this would suggest to me that the leak is Errea's.

I think we still do a very good job at keeping our business behind closed doors. How often are we aware of a signing before it's suddenly announced as official?

Fair point that the kit leaks could have come from elsewhere (but the 2nd kit leak was the club's promo pictures) and the player leak (was it Roberts or Byram?) Was definitely a leak from the club...

Ps concerned might be a bit strong, disconcerted may be more appropriate.

Edited by cornish sam

Agree with most of posters in regard of third kit.  Stylish and could be worn other than at football, not by me.  Better than 2nd kit which is a little garish.  Most concern is the !st kit too green when previous kits were greener we have gone down perhaps getting excuses in early. 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I am always embarrassed when I see people wearing the shirts on holiday or in the pub of an evening

Really?

My suitcase is packed full of City shirts for every holiday. Worn with pride.

• Like 1

It looks like a collared 'T' shirt, that goes well with jeans and that's the only time they should be worn !

Remember what happened to Man U when they played in grey and changed half time ?

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's quite smart, but as I said somewhere else, it's not a suitable shirt for a team in a match.  I would buy one and wear it if it didn't have "dafabet" plastered all over it.

Third kits are not brought out to be worn by the team other than probably tomorrow in a friendly.

Third kits are for commercial purposes only in order to satisfy those fans that don’t want a bright yellow or red one but want a club shirt.

I’d probably buy this one but that’s maybe an age thing 😂

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Third kits are not brought out to be worn by the team other than probably tomorrow in a friendly.

Third kits are for commercial purposes only in order to satisfy those fans that don’t want a bright yellow or red one but want a club shirt.

I’d probably buy this one but that’s maybe an age thing 😂

Errea will have written it into the kit contract that the 3rd kit is used a certain number of times in the season, including some televised games.