Sign in to follow this  
wooster

BT Sport forecasts

fyi - BT Sport prediction of our season using Data Kings Google, Opta & Squawka.

The Script: How Norwich City's 2019/20 Premier League season will pan out according to the stats

The Canaries are back in the big time for the first time since lasting just one season under Alex Neil in 2015/16. Will Daniel Farke's men enjoy an extended stay this time?

Last updated: 30 July 2019 - 12.45pm

Norwich City stormed to the Championship title

The 2019/20 Premier League season is here and Norwich City are back in the big time after four seasons spent down in the Championship.

Ahead of the big kick-off, we asked data kings Google, Opta and Squawka to crunch all the numbers to produce a full script of the upcoming campaign.

Could Canaries boss Daniel Farke continue the momentum from Norwich's victorious Championship campaign into the top flight,  just as Wolves managed last term?

Read this exclusive Norwich excerpt to find out - and when you're done, don't forget to check out more from The Script.

a-136437951298802601

a-136437951305902601

a-136437951318702601

a-136437951325802601

a-136437951332902601

My BT forecast is that they'll have hardly any viewers and the pundits will all be boring.

Not that unrealistic unfortunately. Goigg to have to be a hell of a lot more ruthless and defensively stronger than we were last night to avoid such a fate. 

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

If Pukki only manages 9 this season it's because he misses half the season through injury 😜

Weird thing is, he appears to be our top scorer yet there's 36 assists on that list alone and I imagine the fullbacks will get a few too so we must have a hell of a lot of goalscorers!

Look on the bright side it will save a lot of money on tickets and travel. Now that we know the results in advance we can give the crap games a miss.

• Like 1

What a load of b0ll0cks from BT. I'm all for predictions but going this much in detail is a little on the sad side to be honest.

This is typical of the absolute cr4p that broadcasters and journalists spend their time cobbling together nowadays.

There is such a demand for 'news' when most of the time nothing is actually happening so they start to make stuff up.

It ranges from irritating clickbait to harmful fake Twitter accounts purported to be from gay footballers via hours of Sky Sports presenters getting worked up over the merest whisper of transfer news and...I...HATE...IT!

There, I've said it. I feel a bit better now.

The Guardian continues to show a virulent anti-East Anglian bias. Last year's preview of the Championship didn't mention Norwich City at all, while assessing virtually every other club, which you might put down to carelessness. But there is not a dicky bird about us in this season's preview either. And it is not just us - there is no mention of Ipswich Town's chances in the division either.

• Haha 2

Get used to it, we are the favourites to go down and everywhere in the media will have us as certs for relegation and they will gleefully come up with this kind of tosh over and over. What they don't see is the reason why we were champions - because everything in the club is right, from teaperson to Pukki, from Delia to the people in the stands. It represents something that most PL clubs can only dream of and it gives us an advantage going into the season. It's our secret weapon.

• Like 1

We have indeed, more than any other team bar Crystal Palace and Sunderland who share the record with us.

So if we do go down, at least we claim that title outright.

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The Guardian continues to show a virulent anti-East Anglian bias. Last year's preview of the Championship didn't mention Norwich City at all, while assessing virtually every other club, which you might put down to carelessness. But there is not a dicky bird about us in this season's preview either. And it is not just us - there is no mention of Ipswich Town's chances in the division either.

Good point well made! “Leagues apart” as the classic ballad puts it

Now where did I read something almost identical by a fellow violet songbird only yesterday... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

We have indeed, more than any other team bar Crystal Palace and Sunderland who share the record with us.

....yey!

15 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Good point well made! “Leagues apart” as the classic ballad puts it

Now where did I read something almost identical by a fellow violet songbird only yesterday... 

There is a semi-serious point here, that The Guardian's coverage of the Championship is below par, and exemplified by the fact that its annual preview normally  doesn't mention every club. One other poster pointed out that of the three clubs not thought worthy of  even a bit of analysis this time last year two of them were Norwich City and Sheffield United...

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I have an idea we already have one record outright, of being the only club that has been promoted to the Premier League and relegated from it AND having been relegated from the Championship and promoted to it. But I cannot now find the reference I saw a while back. It may be that we are the only club to have been promoted to the Premier League AFTER having been relegated to League one. Or something else...

31 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I have an idea we already have one record outright, of being the only club that has been promoted to the Premier League and relegated from it AND having been relegated from the Championship and promoted to it. But I cannot now find the reference I saw a while back. It may be that we are the only club to have been promoted to the Premier League AFTER having been relegated to League one. Or something else...

Does Wolves not throw a spanner into your works?

And Sheffield United?

54 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

There is a semi-serious point here, that The Guardian's coverage of the Championship is below par, and exemplified by the fact that its annual preview normally  doesn't mention every club. One other poster pointed out that of the three clubs not thought worthy of  even a bit of analysis this time last year two of them were Norwich City and Sheffield United...

Yup... last year we were a so-called unfashionable club in a slightly unfashionable league. This time round small fish, big pond. Thank goodness for pink un etc

To be fair to the  Guarduan, once our season clicked last year , they did a couple of fairly  complimentary  pieces  about us and they way the Club has been restructured.  

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

To be fair to the  Guarduan, once our season clicked last year , they did a couple of fairly  complimentary  pieces  about us and they way the Club has been restructured.  

Wise after the event?

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Wise after the event?

Not necessarily, after an underwhelming season before, most city supporters didn't really think we'd be anywhere as good as we actually we're( except Lakeyo, of course). We weren't really newsworthy....in the national press. A few months into the season, people started to notice us. Big deal. Sure it's nice to be noticed, just ask Jobo, but it doesn't affect anything. The press get paid to spew out words on whatever may get the most attention. Fortunately the Guardian at least generally tells it as it is( on sport anyway) unlike many other papers that just print any old shoite to make headlines. 

Let the FLDs and sleeping giant Leeds have the coverage, well have the title and promotion.

Non issue to me.

• Like 1