Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Norwich v Atalanta live stream

What did people think of Heise? Looked to me like he made little to no effort to make the ground back and stop the through ball for their third goal, after it was his pass that gave the ball away, and had only been on the pitch about 30 seconds.. He seemed to be running 3/4 pace when he easily could've made it back with a sprint IMO.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Omg...there is some overreacting going on here! Farke will have his first eleven in his head and he will know that there will be mistakes made in friendly matches because of the many changes being made. The one thing that does worry me, is the CDM position and the defensive depth we have. I hope we still sign a midfielder

• Like 1

Wonder why Steipermann didn't get a run out? I still play him in middle behind Pukki, ahead of both Cantwell and Buendia.

Being frank we didn't take our chances.  

We should have had the game done and dusted by 1/2 time.

Don't blame Klose - all the 10 yard triangles playing out from the back with the very high energetic press was bound to fail sometime. I was actually impressed by how good we were at it.

Emi - yes not his day - needs more time to get back to fitness?

Corners dreadful.

Cantwell, Hernandez, Godfrey, Lewis excellent.

Faded badly in 2nd half - just the way better teams usually win out over 90 minutes when your 'fizz', sharpness or concentration has gone.

However - look at the positives - play like the first 1/2 for 90 minutes, stop the odd mistake and take the chances - top ten.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What did people think of Heise? Looked to me like he made little to no effort to make the ground back and stop the through ball for their third goal, after it was his pass that gave the ball away, and had only been on the pitch about 30 seconds.. He seemed to be running 3/4 pace when he easily could've made it back with a sprint IMO.

Maybe a little bit harsh to expect him to be totally warmed up to make a dash back like that straight away, but it didn't look particularly good.  Wasn't overly impressed by Fahrmann either - but then this was their first experience playing at CR, time will tell on how they settle.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Maybe a little bit harsh to expect him to be totally warmed up to make a dash back like that straight away, but it didn't look particularly good.  Wasn't overly impressed by Fahrmann either - but then this was their first experience playing at CR, time will tell on how they settle.

I'm fairly sure all players coming on the pitch should be capable of sprinting, all subs will fully warm up on the sidelines before coming on. Even if he wasn't ready to sprint (which in itself is silly), after immediately conceding possession in your first ever showing at Carrow Road you'd think he'd be a bit more arsed. There was a good period of time for him to get back as well - will be interesting to see the highlights but it was painful to watch in real time.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

8 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I felt the same, if you do make a mistake you expect a player to bust a gut to try and make ammends.

He didnt appear to do that, but there may be good reason why.

Taking the heat out of it, there were plus points and worry beads.

Cantwell, Hernandez and Godfrey were outstanding. Roberts looked good in the time he had.

Pukki was not at the races and Buendia was sulky all night.

I'm sure Farke will make sure we play a tighter game when the real stuff starts...BUT...I would feel happier with another, experienced defender and a CM who can mix it if we need it a la Bradley Johnson.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Wonder why Steipermann didn't get a run out? I still play him in middle behind Pukki, ahead of both Cantwell and Buendia.

Are you joking? Either that or you've been on the sauce 

12 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Jury is a little out on Heise for me. But it must be remembered that like many other of our signings from abroad, it can take time for a new player to adjust to English football before we really see the best of them. I think he’ll be a solid back up player though, and he’s looked better in other pre season games. I’m sure he’ll get some games in the cups. Ultimately my fingers remain crossed though that Lewis remains fit this season. He’s some player. 

I only caught the last 15 minutes so am watching the 1st half. 

We lack a midfield enforcer, we know that. 

Todd Cantwell surprised and impressed me. He covered a lot of ground, found space and seemed to have pictures in his head of what he was going to do with good vision and early touches. 

Buendia looked off the pace. 

Pukki looked fine. 

Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis looked fit. 

We need a lot more sharpness though and need to cut out the errors. Nativity will kill us. 

I felt sorry for Fahrmann who is trying to rebuild his confidence. 

The good thing is Farke and Webber will have learned a lot and best the mistakes happen now. 

3 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

I only caught the last 15 minutes so am watching the 1st half. 

We lack a midfield enforcer, we know that. 

Todd Cantwell surprised and impressed me. He covered a lot of ground, found space and seemed to have pictures in his head of what he was going to do with good vision and early touches. 

Buendia looked off the pace. 

Pukki looked fine. 

Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis looked fit. 

We need a lot more sharpness though and need to cut out the errors. Nativity will kill us

I felt sorry for Fahrmann who is trying to rebuild his confidence. 

The good thing is Farke and Webber will have learned a lot and best the mistakes happen now. 

Nativity will kill us? It's a bit early to write off the Christmas period Ram? Some tough fixtures I'll grant you but hoping for 3 points at home against Wolves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I only saw the second half today but once Atalanta broke with pace and when they did in the last 25-30 mins our defensive group either over ran the ball and actually looked desperate in our defence.

We do need more defensive cover in our midfield so we can stop these attacks earlier. I think our defenders are a fantastic young group but they will be under a lot of pressure and we do need some level heads.

There was some lovely link up play, many players looked sharp and all in all a great run out. If there was a training session this morning then the guys certainly did play well.

I just think today showed us what we already knew a, CDM is needed. I did think an AM might be needed but we have plenty of options to push Marco it is just that position needs to put through the right ball more often than not and score. So we are hoping that our group can show continued improvement, it is a position where I feel we could have upgraded for more goals.

I understand in the first half, apart from the error, Godfrey and Klose were very good and if they did run out of steam then that is ok. But we need to be at it all game, every game and sometimes we may need that 3 at the back at points in a game.

Roll on Saturdays game and roll on some transfer news of a new addition, possibly additions.

17 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

We need a lot more sharpness though and need to cut out the errors. Nativity will kill us. 

As long as we don't trip over the manger.

• Haha 1

Interesting match for sure. 1st half had some really good offensive game. Cantwell and Leitner both really good vision and passing. Hernandez was lots improved in teamplay compared to kast season. Pukki was finding the spaces and moving ball, even though lacked the luck to get to scoresheet. Buendia is clearly far from match fitness, and would have been nice to see Roberts coming in bit earlier to spice things up.

Also think that Byram was excellent in supporting attacks, as well in defensive play as well. 

Can see scoring goals in prem that way. However, vulnerability to defend against quick attacks was just shocking. If that cannot be fixed, can already see Salah bagging hattrick on opener.

AM is solved with Cantwell, but really feel that DM is needed (or some formation change)

• Like 2

Kinda happy that we got that punch tonight. You learn more from those types of games than Luton Town. I think tonight has been positive for us overall looking at the bigger picture... also, Atalanta are a very decent side... Gomez was top level wasn't he.

35 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Are you joking? Either that or you've been on the sauce 

Why? We have alternatives to Todd and Emi. We don't have another Marco. As others have said, we have plenty of skilful plyers but are lightweight. Marco helps mitigate that.

It has been suggested Farke has been looking at Srbeny for this, but he seemed mainly up for a scrap tonight.

• Like 1

Pre season friendly against a side who finished 3rd in serie a, will be in the champions league next season and played a fairly strong side, and we matched them for large periods of the game (better for parts). Second half we struggled a bit but even then it was not until near the end that they pulled away. 

Quite glad we lost it in many ways - some on here seemed to think we were going to beat everyone outside the top 6 comfortably and give even the big boys a tough time of it. Hopefully this will help to bring some perspective - if we stay up it’s a massive success. But it also shows we can match very good sides for large periods of games.

It has become a bit of a running joke on here, but a big strong DM really is a must. When games start to get stretched we don’t seem able to regroup and try to kill the game a bit - same problem last year when we saw both sides score 3 or 4 too often.

Jury still out on Srbeny & Heise.

Should be noted we looked decent for the first 60 minutes, a couple errors lead to their goals. Must not forget they finished 3rd and have a very strong squad.

Thought we were the better side for the 1st hour before the flurry of substitutions came, Pukki missed 3, 1 in the 1st half and 2 in the 2nd that would have been meat and drink for him last season.

Lost most of our attacking impetus when Srbeny and Drmic were on , whereas Atalanta clearly had stronger strikers to come off the bench.

Would have liked to have seen all 3 of Roberts,Buendia and Hernandez play behind Pukki at some point , with Buendua in the no.10 position at some stage this pre season but that chance has possibly gone now.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

28 minutes ago, ricardo said:

As long as we don't trip over the manger.

Some divine inspiration needed - all sorted by Christmas!

I thought Godfrey was immense , just shows what a great CB he is and will become. I agree with the CDM remarks as I have been making them myself. Godfrey is not the one who will be filling in there, we need a signing for that position 

1 minute ago, ROBFLECK said:

I thought Godfrey was immense , just shows what a great CB he is and will become. I agree with the CDM remarks as I have been making them myself. Godfrey is not the one who will be filling in there, we need a signing for that position 

I think Big Ben could be our best centreback this season.

1 hour ago, hampton canary said:

I still worry about the defence. Farke clearly likes to play short passing between the back four and the keeper, as well as bringing all players back for corners and free kicks. He appears to be sticking with that same tactic this season so hopefully we can cause enough problems going forward to keep the opposition away from our defence. It worked last season so fingers crossed it will again this season.

A good reason to pick Krul. He knows how we play, and can organise the youngsters. Also, I doubt he’ll be phased by the prospect of playing at Anfield. One game where we definitely don’t want first night nerves.

9 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Some divine inspiration needed - all sorted by Christmas!

Perhaps we could sign Scott Wiseman from Salford...

Or Liam Shephard from Forest Green Rovers...

Or Andy King from Leicester...

I'll get my coat

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Easy to forget after that 2nd half that we largely dominated the 1st and should have been clear out of sight. I thought we looked superb against a very good team in that 1st half so we need to take the positives from that into the next friendly and hopefully eradicate the silly costly mistakes. I’m not overly concerned but I would like to see one or two more added to the squad