Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Norwich v Atalanta live stream

Didn’t get to the game in the end, forgot it was 7.00 KO☹️

Bit concerned that on utube my new seat looks to be orange, not the canary yellow I was expecting!

Big season for young Todd, much better in a midfield position.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Byram looks comfortable being asked to play the ball on the ground which is a good sign.

Has definitely looked decent in possession but has been a bit wayward defensively, getting caught upfield and also diving in / over committing for the ball - maybe a bit overly eager to win the ball back. However I'm sure he'll get up to speed.

We've played some nice stuff, Cantwell in particular has looked really good. Pukki, Hernandez and Lewis all looking sharp too.

• Like 1

Uncharacteristic for Timm, so not worried about that stunning cross back into the box haha.

Todd Cantwell. Boy, that lad can play. He has great vision which can’t be taught. He’s been our best player for me, of which there’s been some great performances thus far.

Considering the they finished 3rd slightly behind us by a week, we’re looking damn good.

Byram looks good, Godfrey superb and Klose still has a mistake in him! Great to watch, looks so comfortable then does something daft like that pass!

But very encouraging.

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Uncharacteristic for Timm, so not worried about that stunning cross back into the box haha.

Todd Cantwell. Boy, that lad can play. He has great vision which can’t be taught. He’s been our best player for me, of which there’s been some great performances thus far.

Todd has clearly been working on his strength, only going to improve as he gets older

Edited by Van wink

In Beijing - body clock being all out of whack ended up with us crashing for 4 hours when we arrived at 10am. Went to bed at 10pm. Kept waking up until 2:30am when decided to get up. Was delighted to see we were streaming.... until I realised China's internet controls prevent access to youtube and I haven't yet found a way to VPN or Proxy around them to watch. Now just gone 3:25 and still no joy 😞

Edited by kick it off

Atalanta have been the better team by far this half. We have not been as sharp. It's not a bad thing to lose to this team to get some perspective.

Hmmm. Don’t want to look too much into it as it’s a friendly but this second half has been poor

We'll have to concern ourselves with teams who can actually play fast attacking football this season. Ripped open there. 

Not to much to read into this game. Could have been out of sight by the hour. Another run out against a pretty good side who have played better a s our shape changed with the substitutions. And poor individual play.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not to much to read into this game. Could have been out of sight by the hour. Another run out against a pretty good side who have played better a s our shape changed with the substitutions. And poor individual play.

Thought we fell apart last half hour.

Not impressed defensively.

1-4

First half was decent, 2nd half we were opened up far too easily. 

I know we're not supposed to read too much into pre-season games but defensively we still look suspect. 

Just now, Van wink said:

We will learn a lot more from this than from the Luton game. 

Nothing that wasn't obvious last season. Very average in defence.

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

We will learn a lot more from this than from the Luton game. 

Agreed, pick Krul for one.

Good first half display, but still a few things to work on in training! 

Would like to see Fahrmann sweep higher - like Krul, seems slow off his line. And Tim's lack of pace is going to hurt us when we're countered. 

Emi not on it tonight either. 

I don't think we learned anything new. We still need a defensive midfielder  - hopefully, our management team can see that now.  Trybull and then Maclean horribly exposed. If we play Liverpool using that system we will get murdered by their reserve team.

Klose and Godfrey look shattered after 60 mins and stopped running. Atalanta then brought on their better players and took advantage. Some good moments, some poor moments. 

Some of the pressing and passing by Norwich in the first half was really good and looked a step up from last season. Concentration again letting some down though. 

Just now, ron obvious said:

I am officially concerned.

No need to be too concerned. This Atalanta team are a class above us and showed terrific attacking football and we couldn't cope easily. Their main two attackers and AM would cost most teams in excess of £50m to buy.

Fahrmann May be a shot stopper and able to play it from the back, but he sure is slow in leaving his line on a one on one which in the prem he simply cannot do!