Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Is this a football site or not!

I thought this was a forum for Norwich Supporters as much as the club.

And its the close season. So what football can we discuss apartĀ  from guessing who we are signing or what will be the starting lineup.

As an exile in Cornwall, I love to keep in touch with what is happening and unless I'm mistaken, the biggest topic on here is Brexit. And has been for a couple of years or so if not more. So it isn't just NCFC that interests our supporters.

And I cannot believe that it is such a hardship to open a file, read it and forget it if it doesn't interest you. I just used to be a voyeur on this site for years until something stuck in my craw about a topic and I joined in. Now, even though I don't know any of you, I have images in my mind and that makes it even more enjoyable.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And its the close season. So what football can we discuss apartĀ  from guessing who we are signing or what will be the starting lineup.

As an exile in Cornwall, I love to keep in touch with what is happening and unless I'm mistaken, the biggest topic on here is Brexit. And has been for a couple of years or so if not more. So it isn't just NCFC that interests our supporters.

And I cannot believe that it is such a hardship to open a file, read it and forget it if it doesn't interest you. I just used to be a voyeur on this site for years until something stuck in my craw about a topic and I joined in. Now, even though I don't know any of you, I have images in my mind and that makes it even more enjoyable.

Just in case your image of me is wrong, this is meĀ  -

image.png.41064a4516adeeba8c0dd5e5c91d51ba.png

Ā 

• Haha 1

You need to work on your right arm a bit more LDC.

And if that really is youšŸ˜‚Ā then whatever you say in the future is not to challenged.

This my latest selfie.

Image result for donkey images

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ā 

Mods! Ban this sick filthšŸ˜Ž

Could be handy as a pair of new defensive centre midfielders. We do still need at least one, right?

Apples

The Brexit thread is clearly football relatedĀ as it is the freedom of movement agreement ofĀ EU membership that allows most of our Germans to play for Norwich City. Throw that out as part of a no-deal Brexit and most overseas players will have to apply for work visas.

In our fist team squad,Ā Buendia, Hernandez, Stiepermann, Leitner, Heisse,Ā Zimmerman (maybeĀ Vrancic)may not qualify for a work permitĀ as they are not full internationals. Add in any new oU23 players to that problemĀ as well.Ā 

Of course anyĀ arrangement works for the big boys as they usuallyĀ buy international players.Ā 

19 minutes ago, Surfer said:

The Brexit thread is clearly football relatedĀ as it is the freedom of movement agreement ofĀ EU membership that allows most of our Germans to play for Norwich City. Throw that out as part of a no-deal Brexit and most overseas players will have to apply for work visas.

In our fist team squad,Ā Buendia, Hernandez, Stiepermann, Leitner, Heisse,Ā Zimmerman (maybeĀ Vrancic)may not qualify for a work permitĀ as they are not full internationals. Add in any new oU23 players to that problemĀ as well.Ā 

Of course anyĀ arrangement works for the big boys as they usuallyĀ buy international players.Ā 

A point I made very early on in that thread, in what now seems like several decades ago...šŸ˜©

30 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Indeed. And, by the same token, the 'sofa' thread is relevant because there are many armchair fans of our great club, and the 'hero' thread is relevant because we all have those on the pitch, right?Ā 

The Carrow Road stadium is there primarily for us to watch football, but I bet the conversation sometimes strays off-topic there and occasionally it is hijacked for other purposes.Ā 

How much time is actually wasted clicking on a thread title that transpires to be non-football (and to close it) in any given day and how does that compare to how long some of you have spent moaning about it?Ā 

And, finally, I would observe that there are plenty of football-related threads on here I have regretted opening after perusing the contents. Dismissing the non-football ones pales in comparison.Ā 

• Like 1

I guess if you don't mind non football issues being on this part of the site, perhaps we should throw them all in together, leave it to the individual to trawl through and find what they're looking for.... no? Don't like the sound of that? Then we need to maintain and enforce the rules.Ā 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Spot on KG! I don't live in Norfolk, I rarely speak to other City supporters other than on here so like you I enjoy the community in all (OK, maybe most of) its unique ways. If this is a strictly NCFC-only forum, then we also need to remove any thread abut other clubs, other players and other countries' football. If "non-football" threads were pushing the NCFC content off the page I might understand the argument a bit more, but there's, what 20% at most?

"The actual solution is for people to remove the stick from their a*se."

Can we get a thread started on that (and by god, it better be in the non-football section or there'll be hell to pay)? šŸ¤”

Apples

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ā 

Looks like Lakey's got traces of blood in hisĀ steroid stream.....

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

You need to work on your right arm a bit more LDC.

And if that really is youšŸ˜‚Ā then whatever you say in the future is not to challenged.

This my latest selfie.

Image result for donkey images

Have a word with your dentist!

Since weĀ  seem to be introducing ourselves, I have authorised my press office to release this image of myself and Mrs PurpleCanary setting off for this evening's game at Carrow Road:

Ā 

Couples d'art dƩco illustration Banque d'images - 20482829

Ā 

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Cricket and cycling? I can understand. At least they're sports.

Holidays and Norwich pride? I can understand. At least they're Norfolk-related.

Love Island and Boris Johnson? Get the **** outta here.

Pictures of WAGS is definitely football-related.

At what point does a thread become non-football though? If a thread starts with a couple of posts about something football related but then descends into 8 pages of pointless bickering can we relegated those as well?

I find those far more frustrating than ones that start off off topic...

12 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ā 

A2BC227C-AAC1-4768-A3C6-4C566B61BDDA.jpeg

Frank, are you up for doing the Norwich picks on Rays Funds for Newcastle game?

Those were the days

Ā 

Edited by daly

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Since weĀ  seem to be introducing ourselves, I have authorised my press office to release this image of myself and Mrs PurpleCanary setting off for this evening's game at Carrow Road:

Ā 

Couples d'art dƩco illustration Banque d'images - 20482829

Ā 

And this is me. (Taken during last week's heatwave šŸ˜‰Ā ).Ā 

Thirsty Lizard.jpg

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Frank, are you up for doing the Norwich picks on Rays Funds for Newcastle game?

YeahĀ of course , please remind me though in case I forget šŸ˜

• Thanks 1