Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Is this a football site or not!

On here today there are topics which most certainly have nothing in the slightest to do with football.

If there is anyone acting as a moderator here, and if so why aren’t these removed?

I am certain most true Norwich City and football fans would agree.

Frankly I don’t give am dam about Norwich Gay marches or who the hell won bloody love Island!

• Like 2

I find it strange that Pete moved the threads about cricket and cycling, left brexit on here and has then done nothing about threads on Norwich pride, where to stay on your holidays and, as you say, love island. Some consistency would be good

• Like 2

This subforum should be football chat only. The Brexit thread being left here for long has simply encouraged people to go off topic on tangents everywhere. Apply the rules to all threads and posters please, no exceptions! If I want to read the other stuff I'll visit the other subforum! 

• Like 2

Get over it you guys. Got nothing to talk about so just complain about anything you can find.

Is it really that much of a problem?

Some people just love to whinge. 

Is there enough Norwich related football stories and content to sustain a vibrant and interactive message board at this time of the year? I'm not so sure.. let the message board evolve and grow naturally rather than shackle it. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 7

Just now, Il Pirata said:

Are there enough Norwich related football stories and content to sustain a vibrant and interactive message board at this time of the year? I'm not so sure.. let the message board evolve and grow naturally rather than shackle it. 

Nonsense,

Its a Norwich City Forum,

What can it evolve into if Norwich City/Football isn't the topic at hand?

Just wait until we lose a couple of games, you'll be pining for the days when the board was quiet enough for these kinds of threads to gain traction!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Are there enough Norwich related football stories and content to sustain a vibrant and interactive message board at this time of the year? I'm not so sure.. let the message board evolve and grow naturally rather than shackle it. 

It will evolve and it does - but a love Island thread is stretching the tolerance levels.  I got pasted for having a go on a cycling thread - but I did that because it annoyed me, because of my experience with cyclists.  That would not have happened if it had been on the non-football thread and I could have no complaints. 

Live and let live, you might say, but the point is a fair one - keep the football thread to football and the non-football to the non-football. Is that not fair enough?    There are always exceptions - the brexit one has been kept, probably for good reason - or a subject that is clearly going to have mass interest, but low interest sports and non-sporting should go into non-football. Simples. 

I feel like someone brought up non-football threads recently,  fearing they may get out of hand... Can't recall who though.

I think it's a mix of 2 things. 1. Boredom as it's the off-season and 2. The desire of people wanting their non-football chat to get attention, so they put it in here...

It's nothing to do with so-called snowflakes, that just seems to be the current buzzword for people who can't find a reasonable argument at the moment, but still want to go all 'keyboard warrior'. It's more to do with this being a FOOTBALL FORUM.

I, like many, come here for football, if I wanted to discuss other stuff, this is not where I would come.

But unfortunately OP, there are a few self proclaimed important people on here who believe their opinion matters most. And any subject is fair game, but only when it suits them and they have an opinion they feel others MUST hear.

The new season can't come quick enough. It is getting a little silly now though. 

Luckily the above mentioned person isn't one to say I told you so...

Can't and Must Not at any cost, remove the Brexit thread from the Main Discussion......Or belligerent Bill/City 1st, Hermoan and the 'others'......will just fade away.......and turn into dust...........

Brexit is a non-football topic......I don't care if there was uproar from the political dullards and certain individuals who get 'off' on personal spats concerning remain or leave concerning the brexit thread - and their fearing of its relocation to non-football ......It's now after 3 years become very, very tedious from those who consistently bang on about brexit - it's from when they arise until they retire to their soiled scratchers......What they hope to achieve by squabbling and attempting to point score is way beyond me......?

Sad giffers...... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Cricket and cycling? I can understand. At least they're sports.

Holidays and Norwich pride? I can understand. At least they're Norfolk-related.

Love Island and Boris Johnson? Get the **** outta here.

Why does it matter what the subject is? 

Its isn't simply a 'sports' forum.

It also isn't simply a 'Norfolk' forum.

Non-Football is exactly that, doesn't matter how you use a tedious link to it. It also shouldn't matter if the subject is of interest or not to each individual person.

'Oh, that isn't anything to do with football or NCFC, but I like it, so it's fine. But Love Island/Boris? I must protest!'

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It will evolve and it does - but a love Island thread is stretching the tolerance levels.  I got pasted for having a go on a cycling thread - but I did that because it annoyed me, because of my experience with cyclists.  That would not have happened if it had been on the non-football thread and I could have no complaints. 

Live and let live, you might say, but the point is a fair one - keep the football thread to football and the non-football to the non-football. Is that not fair enough?    There are always exceptions - the brexit one has been kept, probably for good reason - or a subject that is clearly going to have mass interest, but low interest sports and non-sporting should go into non-football. Simples. 

It's as if you accidently stumbled into the thread.... 

Is it really such a problem to avoid threads that you don't have an interest in?

• Like 1

There's a big wide world out there guys. And if you look hard enough, you'll find things that are actually worth getting angry about. 

3 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Why does it matter what the subject is? 

Its isn't simply a 'sports' forum.

It also isn't simply a 'Norfolk' forum.

Non-Football is exactly that, doesn't matter how you use a tedious link to it. It also shouldn't matter if the subject is of interest or not to each individual person.

'Oh, that isn't anything to do with football or NCFC, but I like it, so it's fine. But Love Island/Boris? I must protest!'

I don't like cycling at all. I've never been on holiday in Norfolk, and I've never been to Norwich Pride, so that's a load of old squit.

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Well said the board has been invaded by extreme left wing snowflakes 

Wow, what a great comment! You've really nailed it there. Thank you for enhancing the quality of the discussion on this site.

Just now, ricardo said:

Is it really such a problem to avoid threads that you don't have an interest in?

Like;

Hero

Norwich Pride

Check Down Your Sofa

Congratulations

Just four examples of threads you have to open and read the first post before knowing they are completely irrelevant.

Just now, CDMullins said:

Like;

Hero

Norwich Pride

Check Down Your Sofa

Congratulations

Just four examples of threads you have to open and read the first post before knowing they are completely irrelevant.

So what, it only takes a glance to dismiss it and click on another thread. 

Look at other clubs forums, they seem to be able to live with wide ranging discussions without much antagonism. 

I personally see no need to be pedantic about football and non football subjects. Live and let live.

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Like;

Hero

Norwich Pride

Check Down Your Sofa

Congratulations

I was actually immensely annoyed and frustrated......as I currently don't have a sofa...... 😞 

The main problem seem to be that people don't put OT. in front of the thread.

For myself I've started putting non football in it's correct place.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The main problem seem to be that people don't put OT. in front of the thread.

For myself I've started putting non football in it's correct place.

Well done Swindon. You are making the world a better place.

• Haha 2