Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Norwich strengths

Just out of interest and in contrast to the Liverpool weaknesses thread (no offence to that thread intended) -

Our strengths are (and I don't think this gives anything away to anyone) -

1. The ability to keep the ball (especially if Leitner is in the team running the show) frustrating opposition teams.

2. The ability to always have players getting forwards and enough flexibility and teamwork to always have cover at the back - not to mention Godfrey's ability to be up front and at the back at almost the same time.....

3. The ability to create chances with pinpoint accurate passes and quick interplay  which the forwards can exploit.

4. The ability to be composed in any and all situations, which will be a big plus in the PL.

5. The absolute quality of the players and the way they play as a team which will certainly shine through if any team takes us lightly or without giving us full respect.

6. The reverse psychology of missing penalties to give the opposition a false sense of security

7. Buendia and Pukki.

8. The Farkeball phenomenon.

Anyone got any others?

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

6. The reverse psychology of missing penalties to give the opposition a false sense of security

I’ve seen some straw clutching on here before, Lakey (I’m guilty of this myself), but this one’s up there!

• Haha 2

I’m surprised you missed off the quality, intelligence and attractiveness of our supporters especially those from more remote areas of the country.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, one or two tongue in cheek in there.... :classic_unsure:

Which cheeks.......facial or posterior?......

The never say die spirit of the whole team. 

Going to be an interesting season really looking fwd to it. 

The team having such a great cohesion and being more than the sum of their parts. Some groups of players just gel spectacularly like this team has, I'm sure Webber and Farke have noticed hence the spate of new contracts being prioritised over new additions. It's still going to be tough because our weaknesses happen to be what many lower Pl teams are good at exploiting. But I feel we have enough about us to get results. I can kinda foresee a weird season where we give a lot of good teams a bloody nose but find ourselves getting done often by poorer teams who sit back and counter, but we'll see I guess. Can't wait for the season to start either way.