Sign in to follow this  
pete

Predictions

The Racing Post published its predictions for next season.  Norwich City to finish 17th, 18th Newcastle, 19th Brighton and 20th Sheff U.

They also included the opinions of 12 pundits from the press and betting companies of the 12 6 proposed City would be relegated, 10 for Sheff U, 9 for Brighton.

Colin Miles of Ladbrokes had City bottom due to lack of investment and Jason Murphy of Paddy Power we would be bottom and were the worst team.

Interesting some positive comments not all bad some probably had seen us play.

The Guardian is predicting Aston Villa to finish 15th. It is a fair assumption they have us and Sheffield United below that, with perhaps Burnley, Brighton and Bournemouth the others?

PS. They have the much-loved Bournemouth at 12th, so quite possibly they see Newcastle on the lower depths with us.

Edited by PurpleCanary

Bournemouth are the darlings of the media, they will not have them below us - also they are spending significant money on players and have done for a few years now.

Frank Lampard predicted that we'd finish 11th, Villa 15th and Sheffield United 20th. That, for me, is the upper reaches we might achieve but I'd predict around 15th for us.

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The Guardian is predicting Aston Villa to finish 15th. It is a fair assumption they have us and Sheffield United below that, with perhaps Burnley, Brighton and Bournemouth the others?

I'd imagine Newcastle instead of Bournemouth. Us, Sheff Utd, Villa, Newcastle, Burnley and Brighton would be my bottom six at this stage.

WE NEED  good quality defensive players. I personally believe we not got that bite to ward off top strikers at present within our current squad.  Last season show how vulnerable we were against quick strikers - if we do not get this defensive quality we soon find ourselves struggling at the wrong end of the league table 

I think we play 3 of the Big Six in our first six games, we're likely to get off to a slow start. 

It was never going to be easy, but a surprise result in that lot could define our season. 

Anything above 15th represents a great season, finish above the line is the target in my eyes. 

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

10th and surprising teams early in the season . 

Yep, mid-table quite possible and without the dire percentage football some in the lower Prem endure. If it goes wrong so be it. Saw Burnley at Sid James Park last season and a squad of the visiting support came away from the stadium singing 'we're sh*te and we know we are'. Couldn't disagree, I can't even remember the score!