I could be wrong, but I believe HM Coastguard is government-funded whilst the RNLI is dependent on volunteers, charity and revenue from its own merchandise or initiatives (like Storm Force, their subscription kids club for under 11s. My daughter is in it).

Good to see a happy ending. Those big lumps of granite are pretty good at protecting the coastline but are a dangerous temptation for kiddies. 

It always worries me when I walk along the coast there to see little caves appear in the ever eroding cliff face and parents allowing children to investigate!

Amount of non Norwich City/Football threads on her is getting ridiculous.

With a title like 'Hero' you don't even know its non related until you've read it.

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Amount of non Norwich City/Football threads on her is getting ridiculous.

With a title like 'Hero' you don't even know its non related until you've read it.

Is it really worth moaning about?

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Is it really worth moaning about?

No its fine, I mean I come her quite often to read about;

Toddlers going missing

Brexit

Pictures of girls

Pride

Old pound coins

Jackets not arriving on time

• Haha 1

There is a reason we have a non-football section of the board, but it appears that it's just far too much effort for many to post non-city threads in there rather than in the NCFC section.

I personally don't mind tenuous links that are somewhat City related per se, but the sheer amount of stuff that clearly should be in the non-football section recently is a bit much IMHO.

I kind of get the point that some people don't have a lot of spare time and that when logging in to a football forum, they may not have the inclination to have to wade through ambiguously titled threads that turn out to have nothing to do with the club with said limited time.

Is it worth making a song and dance about - not really, but is pointing out that a number of threads really belong in the other section actually making a big deal about it anyway?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Doesn't it take more effort to complain than switch to a different thread?

Didn't it take you more effort to post that, rather than not?

What are true heroes..........ever so often footballers are called heroes in the press.

They most certainly are not!! They are overpaid young men who are doing their job, that’s all.

In the meantime true heroes get overlooked.