Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Drums and flares

My two pet hates, luckily we seem to have given a drum the elbow but the ridiculous use of flares surfaced again yesterday, what is it with these idiots ?

I don’t mind drums as long as they’re not just being banged constantly all through the game.

Flares are a different matter though-I remember one being let off in the away concourse at Selhurst Park last time we were there. It was a quite a scary atmosphere, made worse by the number of drunk people getting a bit out of control.

At the Johan Cruyff Arena a few years ago ( it was called something else then) , we were at the opposite end to the F-side boyos, the roof was closed,  a few thunderflashes went off at the F-side end, it was absolutely deafening, and I have first hand experience of grenades, rockets launchers and artillery. God knows what it was like for people close by to the explosions.  

Drums have spoilt my enjoyment of many games, ban the feckers.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You guys are lucky that you live in England.

I don't, where are you Wacko? If you say Greece or  Turkey then you'll know all about flares and flashbangs.

25 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I don't, where are you Wacko? If you say Greece or  Turkey then you'll know all about flares and flashbangs.

Italy. My local team (Lecce) racked up fines of €65,000 last season for supporter behaviour, which was almost exclusively for flares, fireworks and smoke bombs being launched onto the running track round the pitch. But the Ultras are a strange bunch and they'll never learn.

Flares urrrgh, bring back horrible memories.

usually accompanied by beige and brown platform shoes worn by my older brother circa 1977.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Flares urrrgh, bring back horrible memories.

usually accompanied by beige and brown platform shoes worn by my older brother circa 1977.

Brightly coloured tank top ? 

I was right beside it and all that officer dibble did was look at those that let it off and walked off 

whats the point of having ground regulations if no one enforces them

25 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Brightly coloured tank top ? 

Yep, horizontally striped as well 🤢🤢

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I was right beside it and all that officer dibble did was look at those that let it off and walked off 

You do know Til has retired ? 

6 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

He went to pride rather than the game! 

The football clashed with Pride and they both clashed with brother in law's 65th.