Great performance from Todd yesterday. Good understanding with Aaron's - similar to Crook/Bowen- and links well with Roberts. Could be on the verge of a great career - let's get behind him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Great performance from Todd yesterday. Good understanding with Aaron's - similar to Crook/Bowen- and links well with Roberts. Could be on the verge of a great career - let's get behind him. 

Posted Todd Cantwell 😁

Agree though, the lad is a talent 👍🏼

I was somewhat relieved when his signature was confirmed and feel he has the capability to be a fixture for the team at any level.

I still feel that he still has some climbing up that pecking order to do at the moment though.

But, you never know how the Summer has treated him and you can never underestimate Farke's insight.

Obviously I want to see all Norwich players do well, but I always like to see academy products, and especially local ones, do better than anyone. It's great for the club and for our identity to see 'one of our own' come through the ranks and make it. 

Unfortunately though, it seems some people have already decided that he's the new scapegoat. There always has to be one or two, and I think Todd has been selected already, for unbeknown reasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Couldn't agree more. Looking forward to seeing his development in the coming years.

It boggles my mind that there is a small section of supporters on here who seem to want him to fail, luckily it's very small.

Local, 21 year old with potential. I've got a lot of time for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Obviously I want to see all Norwich players do well, but I always like to see academy products, and especially local ones, do better than anyone. It's great for the club and for our identity to see 'one of our own' come through the ranks and make it. 

Unfortunately though, it seems some people have already decided that he's the new scapegoat. There always has to be one or two, and I think Todd has been selected already, for unbeknown reasons.

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Couldn't agree more. Looking forward to seeing his development in the coming years.

It boggles my mind that there is a small section of supporters on here who seem to want him to fail, luckily it's very small.

Really want to see Todd do well, just to shut some of the idiots on here who think they know better than DF and SW.

The same with Srbeny and McLean.

Hopefully all 3 will play some part on Tuesday night.

1 hour ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Just one, I think; the biggest troll on the board. He even started a Twitter account to slate the lad publicly, how sad is that? Take him out the equation and I think everyone else is really supportive of Todd. I have reservations about whether he'll make it at PL level, but I'm rooting for him every step of the way.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Posted Todd Cantwell 😁

Agree though, the lad is a talent 👍🏼

I heard Robbie Savage admit on the radio that he used to post on forums under a pseudonym saying how well he had played😊

On a more serious note, a small element of the crowd at Carrow Road have persistently picked on younger players over the years. Chris Llewelyn being one but I can think of others before him. That sort of thing can destroy a young person in any walk of life. Get right behind TC and he may just surprise some of you

Edited by dylanisabaddog
Error

Todd had got so much potential to deliver   I thought he ought to go out on loan because he really needs game time to improve. But maybe the coaches will introduce him from the start as first choice. 

Edited by Rock The Boat

At the game yesterday, he was weak in the tackle, passing generally ineffective and spent most of the game running around like a headless chicken 

he is a country mile away from being ready  to play in the premier league 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Just one, I think; the biggest troll on the board. He even started a Twitter account to slate the lad publicly, how sad is that? Take him out the equation and I think everyone else is really supportive of Todd. I have reservations about whether he'll make it at PL level, but I'm rooting for him every step of the way.

Whilst I would like to think you are right, I'm not too sure. 

I recall there was a fair amount of Todd negativity when he was brought back into the first 11 cover for Emi's ban last season.

He wasnt Emi, so he didnt stand a chance with some harsh judgements. A small group of 'fans' certainly showed their true colours there.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

At the game yesterday, he was weak in the tackle, passing generally ineffective and spent most of the game running around like a headless chicken 

You really are a massive d1ckhead 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

That’s why we are not signing Dozzell, didnt realise your lot played yesterday 

7 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

That’s why we are not signing Dozzell, didnt realise your lot played yesterday 

So how did you see his performance yesterday I am only saying what I witnessed 

23 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

You are writing off a youngster based on a pre season performance, you forget games like forest away and Rotherham last season. Poor kid can’t catch a break with some “fans”. He deserves a slot in the squad this season 

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You are writing off a youngster based on a pre season performance, you forget games like forest away and Rotherham last season. Poor kid can’t catch a break with some “fans”. He deserves a slot in the squad this season 

He never even got on the pitch away at Rotherham as he was an unused sub.

10 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

So basically you weren’t at the game yesterday and therefore had no idea how he performed 

you don’t mind if from now on I just ignore you 😊

25 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He never even got on the pitch away at Rotherham as he was an unused sub.

Rotherham at home I was referring to

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

So basically you weren’t at the game yesterday and therefore had no idea how he performed 

I was actually, but ignore me by all means, I like talking football with sensible people. Should have called you a d1ckhead, like the guy above, quicker route to getting ignored 🥰

4 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Utter rubbish. 

I wasn't at the game (obviously) either, I don't know if he played well or not, what I will say is that, like most others on here, regardless of his performance in a meaningless friendly, we'd like to see him do well.

As a Norfolk lad, for his future career and for the Club,  having a fit and firing Todd is good for everyone. Let's back him, knowing that there'll be hiccups along the way to become the best he can be.

There needs to be something of a middle ground between Wavneys constant trolling (which is confusingly just fine by some people) and being able to criticise a players performance without cries of 'scapegoat' or 'witch hunt.'

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

There needs to be something of a middle ground between Wavneys constant trolling (which is confusingly just fine by some people) and being able to criticise a players performance without cries of 'scapegoat' or 'witch hunt.'

There are those on here that think all criticism is wrong/unacceptable and their posts reflect this, there are also those who think that if your criticism is different to their's it's wrong/unacceptable and their posts reflect this, then there are those who see a poster's name (a poster they have a grudge against or something) and to coin an old phrase, they play the poster not the post.

You'll come across all types on here, some in between and some very, very decent posters too.  The second and last group I have described above can often be the most agressive.  Sometimes the boundaries can become blurred and what appears to fall into the second group, may in fact be the last group.

For example, there are those people who won't bat an eyelid when criticising player A, but will be aggressive in the extreme if one dares criticse player B.

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

I entirely agree that we should be able to make criticisms of a players performance without criticism but it is in my view inconceivable that anyone who went to the game at Luton would genuinely have the view of Cantwells performance out forward by Jobsworth Canary above. He was noticeably prominent and up for it and played very well. 

I was quite vocal in my view that Cantwell should not have been starting last season ahead of Vrancic or Leitner when Buendia was out, not because he did anything particularly bad but just because I thought we needed the extra control/passing ability those players bring. 

15 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

How I saw his performance is summed up in our second goal. He was on on the left wing, was involved in some of the passing that moved to ball to Max on the right & played a one two with Max in the box which enabled him to find Drmic for a tap in. A quote from a professional coach I know was that Luton couldn't cope with our midfields movement. I'll agree with his opinion over yours.

14 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Is that any worse than being at the game and having no idea how he performed?

It does seem a little odd how polarising he is to the fans'

like someone said I would play Mario/Leitner before him anyway of the week

Edited by Wonder canary

I'm not saying he would be my first choice over Mario or Mo but was answering the question on how he played on Saturday. He did play very well, and in my opinion Jobsworth's critiscm of him running like a headless chicken was stupid as his & the others constant movement had Luton totally at sea.

Ultimately, it's all about opinions, I don't have any problems with criticism as long as it's constructive.

Slagging off, or taking some satisfaction that a player has not hit the heights to back up a previous standpoint is at best unfair. 

Who amongst us hasn't had a bad day at the office? If your boss threw the kind of insults often read on here, you'd be right to sue.

• Like 1

Can't see the initial TC without thinking of Top Cat (60s/70s cartoon series for the uninitiated). Mind you if Todd develops into the kind of player we want him to, then that would be a good description for him.

• Like 1