Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The best yet!

Only heard it on the radio.

Performance sounded average at best.

But somehow, for me, this was the best yet.

Something to do with beating a struggling side away, dealing with fatigue and expectation, keeping a run going and sticking to the task.

Well done City.

jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun itis too see norwich win away. HEY

The 1st time i''ve seen us win away since the year we went up, cant remember who we played, another late christmas present and Yes it was the best bet. This is because we were away, leicester are a physical side better than crewe and a less glamourous game for the players.

Rudolph

Went to Leicester, where once again the crisps made more noise than the home fans, and you''re right, it was a very average performance, we only came to life once Paul McV scored - but of course we won and we did get to sing "Jingle Bells" etc, which was nice for me as I can''t remember the last time I sang that one.  Nothing I can really put my finger on as to why we didn''t spark into life until 70 mins, maybe fatigue, but come on we are on a good run, so the confidence and morale should be high.  We did go a bit hoof and hope again, but McV saved the day - he was class upfront, Charlie did well in midfield again and Doc was sound at the back.  Otherwise a pretty average away performance, of which I have seen many similar under Mr Worthington. 

i agree with have got now five wins on go.the players are getting back into the swing of things now.they are playing more as a team.

Yes indeed, grand to pocket the win despite not playing that well; but getting there against average or poor teams is precisely what we''ve missed out on doing countless times, so yes like Rudolph I agree it''s in a sense the ''best yet'' to come though and win while not playing that well. The jinx continues though, there I was thinking beforehand that Robinson had maybe been the key addition to the mix lately and of course he''s promptly ruled out before we start at Leicester, and Jurgen Colin played well and then left the field on a stretcher. Hope he''s ok for Monday, with no Youssef we don''t need any further gaps.

Peeved with Hucks getting himself booked for nothing (kicked ball away) and thus up to suspension level, probably be the Cup game he''ll miss? Thanks Hucks, you missed a sitter against West Ham in the Cup game a year ago and now you''ve gone and messed us up before the game even starts this time! Oh well, one pointless sending off and now another needless suspension and here we are in the new year, guess that''s not too much chalk and cheese so far!

Nice that the goal at Leics was down to Etuhu and McVeigh too, a little reminder to some City folk that Ashton/Hucks aren''t always the basis for goals for us.

OTBC, let''s make it six wins on the trot eh?

I would much rather Hucks was available for league games than one cup match so good work on getting booked yesterday. Now he can start again in the league with a clean sheet! Nice one.

[quote user="BedsCanary"]They say the sign of a great team is when you play badly but still win[/quote]

Yep, in many ways it reminds you of the title winning year. The amount of times we played badly and won, or won in the dying minutes of games. Long may it continue!