Midlands Yellow

Norwich pride

Til will be along with some photos at some point, I expect 😍

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Til will be along with some photos at some point, I expect 😍

Photos of Broado in full on pride mode driopy tache,leather chaps, giving  it large.

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Photos of Broado in full on pride mode driopy tache,leather chaps, giving  it large.

Oh dear the delicate affront still lingers. So I am not keen on watching gay  pride marches. My preference, that's all.

Who decides what and what should not be preferred? Is their preference more valid than mine in your book?

Is your view that if you are not totally for then you must be totally against applied to all other subjective matters then?

They say hate crime against gay people has escalated in recent years. Perhaps your attention should be directed towards the far more dangerous individuals who chose to perpetuate such crimes rather than somebody with my benign indifference to the whole issue. There's nothing in that level of homophobia that can give rise to attempted humour after all.

Or are you far too stuck on your hobby horse to be rational?

Edited by BroadstairsR

"They say hate crime against gay people has escalated in recent years. Perhaps your attention should be directed towards the far more dangerous individuals who chose to perpetuate such crimes rather than somebody with my benign indifference to the whole issue."

The trouble is that extremism snowballs quickly, especially now in the days of social media and likes. Someone posts what seems a benign negative comment about Gay Pride, this'll get a few likes. Another bloke will then negatively comment on gays in general. This'll get a few more likes. More malign people will get in on the conversation and so it goes on....

Political correctness (or being civilised as it used to be known) was a way of stopping homophobia/racism/general nastiness in its tracks, before it got a chance to progress and gather in like minded people. A way to stop it looking acceptable.

So we should all be wary of expressing the slightest opinion about such subjects for fear that it will be blown out of all proportion?

That's not political correctness that's moral policing.

We're all big boys and girls after all.

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:
3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

We're all big boys and girls after all

So take it on the chin, like a man.

Political correctness is simply chattering class intolerance. 

It is a cousin of heresy, witch-hunting and any political doctrines you could care to name. 

The masses are so easy to influence. Trump did it, BoJo is doing it, the media do it etc etc. 

We need to think for ourselves. This is what instigated challenges to homophobia and racism. Their challenge now is to stay the right side of political correctness. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Back to the personal stuff again.

It's all you seem to know. Beginning with a cringe worthy attempt at humour and then justifying it with a little lecture..

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

you can wipe it off afterwards 🍾

And note..... It is practiced on the young who think it is them being radical. 

The young are malleable but energetic. 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I thought the OP was advertising bread

I thought it was about City and the bus parade.

I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

I’m browsing the various pictures and love the one by the market .  It would seem it’s not for everyone on here but thousands of others were well up for it .

2 hours ago, Herman said:

"They say hate crime against gay people has escalated in recent years. Perhaps your attention should be directed towards the far more dangerous individuals who chose to perpetuate such crimes rather than somebody with my benign indifference to the whole issue."

The trouble is that extremism snowballs quickly, especially now in the days of social media and likes. Someone posts what seems a benign negative comment about Gay Pride, this'll get a few likes. Another bloke will then negatively comment on gays in general. This'll get a few more likes. More malign people will get in on the conversation and so it goes on....

Political correctness (or being civilised as it used to be known) was a way of stopping homophobia/racism/general nastiness in its tracks, before it got a chance to progress and gather in like minded people. A way to stop it looking acceptable.

This is how it works, unfortunately - and the extremist elements are fully aware of it and use it to their advantage.  It makes ordinary middle of the road commenting very difficult because it is hijacked too easily by extremists and is one of the reasons why defenders of issues such as homophobia get so twitchy whenever someone says something about the subject that isn't totally positive.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that the mid ground - whether in politics, social issues or practically anything - is becoming very difficult.  Lack of real discussion on the issues is the result  and being seen to be totally ok with things is the only acceptable position to take. Sad really, so much debate is possible on so many issues, yet it can't happen because you have to be seen to be on the right side or you are condemned by the virtuous lobbiests and their hangers on who will not accept anything except total conformity to their world view. 

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 6

I hope the weather in Norwich was better than up here-it’s a 2 day Pride in Liverpool, it was raining all day yesterday and it’s going to rain all day today too 🌈

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I am not keen on watching gay  pride marches. My preference, that's all.

I’m the same, doesn’t make me homophobic, its just my choice to not want to see it

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’m the same, doesn’t make me homophobic, its just my choice to not want to see it

You do know it's not compulsory.

Hardly surprising The Lollards Pit embraced the day as it is a pub run frequented by the LGBT community in the main.

14 hours ago, Ramrod said:

Political correctness is simply chattering class intolerance. 

It is a cousin of heresy, witch-hunting and any political doctrines you could care to name. 

The masses are so easy to influence. Trump did it, BoJo is doing it, the media do it etc etc. 

We need to think for ourselves. This is what instigated challenges to homophobia and racism. Their challenge now is to stay the right side of political correctness. 

Trump is the least politically correct person I can think of.

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Trump is the least politically correct person I can think of.

That's not what he is saying. 

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:50, Mr Angry said:

I hope the weather in Norwich was better than up here-it’s a 2 day Pride in Liverpool, it was raining all day yesterday and it’s going to rain all day today too 🌈

Lets hope its raining men

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 17:09, Midlands Yellow said:

Great to see a pub mentioned on here recently joining in too .

8E9E5BB9-B6AB-45E2-B24B-A4626B9AEC9D.png

Lollards Pit only 1 flag

Greens/Nuffield Health Club managed 2 No Union Jacks just gay flags flying