Just now, Grando said:

Are people not jumping the gun that MB is joining the Athletic? Is some sort of PR role at Carrow Road, as suggested earlier in the thread, also not a possibility? (OK, so there's every chance he is going to this new website, but it seems a bit premature to have this nailed as fact, unless it's actually been announced.)

I saw Mick Dennis make reference to it on social media yesterday so I'm guessing it's legit.

Yep, MB’s earned the opportunity and is no more selling his soul than James Maddison did. His successor looks a great fit who knows what’s needed off-stage, including on non-match days. Whoever was doing Archie’s recruitment a decade or so ago did a good job with this pair – good luck to them both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Wording is important.

Huge difference between 'not sure he's taken the right job' and 'sold his soul for a few extra shillings'

Point taken.

There’s a world of difference in comparing a local hack to mercenaries like Benitez and Bale.

1 hour ago, Grando said:

Are people not jumping the gun that MB is joining the Athletic? Is some sort of PR role at Carrow Road, as suggested earlier in the thread, also not a possibility? (OK, so there's every chance he is going to this new website, but it seems a bit premature to have this nailed as fact, unless it's actually been announced.)

Everyone who is going to the Athletic has been asked to sign off their “I have some personal career needy” tweet with a line about “more about the next thing soon, it’s exciting” etc. 

Bailey is an excellent sports jurno - but that is a very different skill set to being the head of PR at a football club. 

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Everyone who is going to the Athletic has been asked to sign off their “I have some personal career needy” tweet with a line about “more about the next thing soon, it’s exciting” etc. 

Bailey is an excellent sports jurno - but that is a very different skill set to being the head of PR at a football club. 

I like the model they seem to be going with of local beat writers. I wonder if MB would just be doing the Norwich stuff or cover some stuff further south too...

Just now, king canary said:

I like the model they seem to be going with of local beat writers. I wonder if MB would just be doing the Norwich stuff or cover some stuff further south too...

Like Ipswich?...

13 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I didn't say "head of PR" - I said "some sort of PR role" (I thought perhaps with the club's restructure and him being a fan there might be something else going...). But I'm being pedantic, as other replies would suggest that he is indeed going to this Athletic thingy. Good luck to him. If it doesn't work out then it'll no less precarious than a role in local media these days.

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

What the **** is your actual problem?

I have a fairly high tolerance when it comes to idiots but as an old man retired from the police you should really know better.

I have zero interest in your pathetic online feuds and the little snipes from you are unnecessary and have gone on long enough.

I suggest you block me and I'll do the same. Alternatively, meet me for a pint before a home match next season and you can vent all the problems you have with me in person instead of dragging it into half the threads I post on.

Ta. 😊

Delighted to and i am in The Edith Cavell before every home game from about 12.30pm and after games either back there or in Lollards Pit.  As for little snipes shall i refer to the ' what's it to you ' comment on the Liverpool tickets thread ? No problem with you hoggy except for a constant bullshine when it comes to business that you attempt to portray on here. Block me if you wish but i have told you where i frequent on a matchday.

16 hours ago, Diane said:

Jack has just moved to London & has started a new job there

Please tell me Chris will be following him.

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I don't, where will he end up?

Joe Ferarri's chair is empty.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Delighted to and i am in The Edith Cavell before every home game from about 12.30pm and after games either back there or in Lollards Pit.  As for little snipes shall i refer to the ' what's it to you ' comment on the Liverpool tickets thread ? No problem with you hoggy except for a constant bullshine when it comes to business that you attempt to portray on here. Block me if you wish but i have told you where i frequent on a matchday.

God you're weird

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

And here we go.

Shock horror, I didn't actually mention my business did I? Again it's you that's brought up my private business life. I run an IT software company so hazard a guess your ability to understand or grasp the basic concepts of it is limited.

The problem with blocking you, I've realised, is it gives you an opportunity to publically make comments about my business that I dont see. It appears to be a big part of your life, for some reason.

I'm not sure if I can get there for the Newcastle game but whatever the next home game is I'll ensure I say hello. Maybe in person you'll have the strength to tell me to my face what weird obsession you have with my work.

22 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That explains it then. I didn't realise Davitt was so much higher than Bailey.

Paddy is quality

MB is into sports other than Norwich, including being quite invested in F1 judging by his podcast. I can only assume this new pasture will give him greater creative freedom (and most likely a much higher budget) compared to Archant 

On 27/07/2019 at 14:40, TIL 1010 said:

Joe Ferarri's chair is empty.

It still is. Mr Bailey has confirmed he's going to The Atlantic.

5 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

It still is. Mr Bailey has confirmed he's going to The Atlantic.

I hope he can swim😀

The Athletic = BIG Mistake,  The Athletic's costing  £2.50 a month, to get write ups that you can get anywhere on the web, free !

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The Athletic = BIG Mistake,  The Athletic's costing  £2.50 a month, to get write ups that you can get anywhere on the web, free !

I've subscribed and already read a piece about Stuart Webber which had a bunch of stuff in I didn't know before. 

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I've subscribed and already read a piece about Stuart Webber which had a bunch of stuff in I didn't know before. 

Did they make you sign a NDA. 😀

The more choice I have for quality NCFC content the better, and yes I’m happy to pay for it. What percentage of times does the Pinkun / EDP page crash for you under the weight of pay-per-click advertising? It’s infuriating.

I’ve just signed up on the 50% off link too.

Edited by WD40

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I’ve just signed up on the 50% off link too.

you'll probably find you only get half the story 😯

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

you'll probably find you only get half the story 😯

Let's hope it's the good half.