How you can expect to go into an EPL campaign as a promoted club having spent virtually nothing in the transfer market and not having strengthened the key áreas of weakness from last term beggars belief.

Having lost so badly to Brentford just highlighted once again all the defensive weaknesses of a side that leaked 57 league goals last season. Why have there been no signings at centre-back? Why have there been no defensive midfielders signed?

The club was reported to have a 20 million transfer kitty, which in itself is paltry, but even this has hardly been used thus far. What on earth is going on?

I know the club is making a virtue of getting players for nothing and keeping the dressing room on a level playing field, but this is just going to backfire spectacularly

In the end it is quality that counts and that requires money to be spent - especially when you know (ought to know) where your key weaknesses lie.

Like I have said many times, Delia is a joke when it comes to defending and she has learnt none of the lessons from previous campaigns, especially in the EPL.

The only conclusión to be drawn is that the club is preparing fully for a return to the Championship in 12 months and that this coming season will simply be a sightseeing tour of the EPL, as before.

4 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Like I have said many times, Delia is a joke when it comes to defending and she has learnt none of the lessons from previous campaigns, especially in the EPL.

We should never play her as a DM or a CB.

• Like 1

Here we go......and we're off....Vince's gonna reel 'em in and there'll be so many bites it'll fill a Russian factory ship..... 🙂 

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

The only conclusión to be drawn is that the club is preparing fully for a return to the Championship in 12 months and that this coming season will simply be a sightseeing tour of the EPL, as before.

Well i for one am very glad that we are preparing for our return to the Championship. Previously we just left ourselves open as hostages to fortune.

Good to see we have finally learnt that lesson so whatever happens we will still be in a good place.

• Like 2

How you can expect to go into an EPL campaign as a promoted club having spent virtually nothing in the transfer market and not having strengthened the key áreas of weakness from last term beggars belief.

Having lost so badly to Brentford just highlighted once again all the defensive weaknesses of a side that leaked 57 league goals last season. Why have there been no signings at centre-back? Why have there been no defensive midfielders signed?

The club was reported to have a 20 million transfer kitty, which in itself is paltry, but even this has hardly been used thus far. What on earth is going on?

I know the club is making a virtue of getting players for nothing and keeping the dressing room on a level playing field, but this is just going to backfire spectacularly

In the end it is quality that counts and that requires money to be spent - especially when you know (ought to know) where your key weaknesses lie.

Spending £50m+ would be suicidal for us

• Like 2

When you think of how long Little Vince (as I think of him) has had to prepare this, given how little he posted last season from October onwards (his absence coincidentally at the same time as City rose to the top of the table and his team was welded to the foot, I'm sure) this is really a poor bit of trolling.  Must do better.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Waaaaaaaaaa!

Waaaaa!

It sounds like big vince has filled his rompersuit again. 

Bless im.

Edited by Bonzo

PIg ! Brilliant to hear from you . And all the old favs are being reeled in. Even a gag about someone hanging themself. Pure gold son. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

No doubt we will sign players if we decide that we urgently need them in due course in the January window but for the time being we must show faith in the talent that performed in the championship last season in such style and against all odds. I am also confident that we have youth with potential in mind that most of us are currently blissfully unaware of that could well come to the fore as the season progresses.

Let's keep the faith in our superb management team !!!

It's clearly click bait or someone that hasn't been listening to what's been said. 

Like it or not as fans we have to appreciate that the club is probably 51% assuming that we will get relegated and 49% that we'll stay up. 

Webber has commented on how if we get relegated we will be in great shape, we are not spending so we don't get in to debt again, players are being put on long contracts to ensure they are worth more if we do go down which should mean that if we do go down we will be in the strongest position to come up again. 

I'm just going to enjoy the season watching the best league in the world, some of the best players in the world and supporting our boys no matter what. We did superbly well getting promoted in the first place so let's enjoy. 

• Like 1

Suicidal? 

This has been thrashed to death and it seems there is a general feeling of approval from the fans about the way City are going about things this time around ...... give or take a.n. other signing perhaps.

Most understand the pitfalls of overspending with possible  financial suicide always a threat. As it is it can be an expensive funeral at least.

Looking at these pitiful responses it is clear the "fans" on here are just as unambitious as the board and both harbour no desire for the club to feature in EPL long-term. It just goes to prove how Delia has brainwashed fans into thinking that Norwich City are no more than a second-tier club.

Delia is a disgrace to the legacies of Watling, Sir Arthur and Chase. These owners believed in what the club was capable of and proved it accordingly.

Delia is a non-believer and has surrounded herself with fans who are true non-believers. For starters, just look at the attitudes of both when it comes to cup conpetitions.

Fans get board they deserve. End of.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Looking at these pitiful responses it is clear the "fans" on here are just as unambitious as the board and both harbour no desire for the club to feature in EPL long-term. It just goes to prove how Delia has brainwashed fans into thinking that Norwich City are no more than a second-tier club.

Delia is a disgrace to the legacies of Watling, Sir Arthur and Chase. These owners believed in what the club was capable of and proved it accordingly.

Delia is a non-believer and has surrounded herself with fans who are true non-believers. For starters, just look at the attitudes of both when it comes to cup conpetitions.

Fans get board they deserve. End of.

Ha ha, excellent; for the sake of debate I’ll reply as if you’re not just trolling with the hope that you might learn something.

Get out of the 89,s and 90’s as football was a different world then Vince; in those days you could run a football on a few million, players cost a few million and there wasn’t the divide there is now between the Premier League and the Championship; in those days it wasn’t a shock if some random team did well; Leicester apart when was the last time a non big 6 club won the Premier League, they do this throwing hundreds of millions at it.

I suggest if you don’t like the way in which the club is run and you don’t buy in to it, get yourself a season ticket down the road (there’s plenty available) and then see what spending money that you don’t have does for a club.

Better still put  your money where your mouth is, buy a club and throw millions at it and see how that works for you; I suspect not very well 👍🏻

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Big Vince is right about defensive midfielders though !

Maybe. 

Top quality defensive midfielders don't grow on trees and usually cost many millions that we simply don't have or want to spend. 

My view and of course may be wrong is that we will see Leitner and Trybull shine in the Premier League; the concern is if Trybull gets injured. 

18 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Huh? 

I would imagine Andy’s post is referencing people that suffer from extreme depression/mental health issues, and what that can lead to.

• Like 1

You must be new to football, you clearly don't understand how it works. 

It's a money game, in which Clubs like Norwich can't compete, if we have a good season the big Clubs will be waving large cheques at our star performers. If we are relegated, we'll be asset stripped,  the result is much the same. 

If you are indeed a Binner, then it's understandable, as you've not bothered the Premier League for a generation. 

• Like 1

It’s great to see your star player young Dozell would see it as a step up to play in our under 23’s.

As I doubt we will be winning every week this season I suspect we will be seeing plenty of your tosh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1