7 hours ago, Indy said:

I think the premiership will showcase just how good Leitner is. I expect him and Buendia to be our outstanding players this year.

This. Buendia and Leitner are - in my opinion - our best players who will show this off on the big stage next season.

On a slight sidenote, wikipedia has Vrancic at 6'2", is this correct? Being an exile, I don't get to too many games to see for myself. I may have to rethink my reasons for starting Stiepermann if Vrancic is this tall.

11 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Would we really stop using last season's winning formula and switch to three CBs? I would be nervous if we do, I hope we have thoroughly familiarised the team if so. Otherwise I could see some confusion about who has responsibility for what, which would quickly be punished.

I might not be saying this in a few months time if we need to start scrapping for points, but I’d much rather us go to teams like Liverpool and get stuffed 4-0 trying to win and play our way, than go there and lose 1 or 2-0 trying to keep things tight.... 

We aren’t strong enough defensively to keep the likes of the top 6 out for 90 minutes. Games against those sides are “bonus” games. If we lose, we lose. Go and try and win it, and if we still lose then it’s only what was expected anyway. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Virtually the same, apart from Vrancic (tough) and Roberts.

Krul

Aarons  Klose Godfrey Lewis

Trybull Leitner

Buendia  Stiepermann Hernandez

Pukki

It was very hard leaving Vrancic out but I feel we need Stiepermanns strength and height on the pitch. I imagine a lot will go defensive and try to keep them out but I think if you invite Liverpool at you, they are so good they will break you down, go at them and give them something to think about near their goal.

I’d go the same, the only 2 positions I’m 50/50 on is Krul and Stiepermann. I could see Vrancic also finding some joy against Liverpool, it’s his kind of game and he’s such a dangerous player when in the mood, and also he’s lethally composed when a set piece opportunity is presented, which of course will likely happen - could be a game changer! But that said, I love Stiepermann too. Krul and Fahrmann is a complete toss up, but I have a feeling Ralf maybe more suited to this particular game.

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I love Stiepermann too.

Its nice having such affection for multiple players in the squad isn't it? Outside of my choosen starting 11, I genuinely have affection for Vrancic, Zimmermann,  Cantwell, Tettey, McClean and (to a lesser extent) Srbeny. Probably in that order.

I remember the Jason Jarret, Carl Robinson (etc) days when I struggled for one player I liked. I've currently got about 16. 

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1

I would go with the below. Only real question marks for me will be whether he goes with Krul or Fährmann in goal and further forward it’s a toss up really between onel, Stiepermann and Roberts for two of the 3 spots behind Pukki. I would go with the later two purely because I think Hernandez lacks the final ball at times and we can’t afford to be wasteful but he should be a handful off the bench. 

Fahrmann

Aarons Godfrey Klose Lewis

Trybull Leitner

Buendia Stiepermann Roberts 

Pukki

I think we might go 5 at the back for these types of games like the fa cup games since Farke has been here against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal. I would be shocked if McClean was not in the team.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

I think we might go 5 at the back for these types of games like the fa cup games since Farke has been here against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal. I would be shocked if McClean was not in the team.

I thought we played with a back 4 against Arsenal? Pinto, Zimbo, Klose and Husband.

9 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I would go with the below. Only real question marks for me will be whether he goes with Krul or Fährmann in goal and further forward it’s a toss up really between onel, Stiepermann and Roberts for two of the 3 spots behind Pukki. I would go with the later two purely because I think Hernandez lacks the final ball at times and we can’t afford to be wasteful but he should be a handful off the bench. 

Fahrmann

Aarons Godfrey Klose Lewis

Trybull Leitner

Buendia Stiepermann Roberts 

Pukki

This is exactly what I'd go with.

23 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Any word on what sort of injury, severity etc?

Nothing serious according to Farke. Just a precaution and should be ok for the home preseason games

Phew

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

Given that all of our FBs are comfortable as WBs as well, that could be more likely in a 3-4-3 as I said above. The WBs become wide attacking players when we have the ball and drop back to defend when we don't. At Anfield it will be much more of the latter with the three attacking players using their pace and passing in counterattacks. All three are also good defensively and would drop back to help the CM and DM to defend, while also ready to counter.