I usually get slated for my team predictions, but I don't care. 🙂

Krul

Aarons  Klose Godfrey Lewis

Trybull Leitner

Buendia  Vrancic Roberts

Pukki

Subs: Hernandez, Stiepermann, McLean, Cantwell, Drmic, Byram, Fahrmann

Virtually the same, apart from Vrancic (tough) and Roberts.

Krul

Trybull Leitner

Buendia  Stiepermann Hernandez

Pukki

It was very hard leaving Vrancic out but I feel we need Stiepermanns strength and height on the pitch. I imagine a lot will go defensive and try to keep them out but I think if you invite Liverpool at you, they are so good they will break you down, go at them and give them something to think about near their goal.

• Like 2

LDC,

Not sure you can only have 2 CB's in the match day squad, so for me Hanley would be on the bench, probably at the expense of Cantwell.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ray said:

LDC,

Not sure you can only have 2 CB's in the match day squad, so for me Hanley would be on the bench, probably at the expense of Cantwell.

Sounds fair enough 🙂

Good to see Leitner getting the nod (so far). Think he’ll be very important to our season as he was before his injury last season. 

Also think Godfrey and Klose will be the main CB pairing regardless of injuries. 

Havent seen Roberts/Drmic/Fahrmann yet so would go with all the Germans team. Looks good to me, bring it on

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Krul

Trybull Leitner

Pukki

It was very hard leaving Vrancic out but I feel we need Stiepermanns strength and height on the pitch. I imagine a lot will go defensive and try to keep them out but I think if you invite Liverpool at you, they are so good they will break you down, go at them and give them something to think about near their goal.

Yes, I like Stiepermann in there too.....I just like Vrancic better and that he has such coolness under pressure as we saw so clearly last season at Leeds and towards the end of the season. To have that class on the pitch is a must imo.

I was going to object until I saw Trybull and Leitner at the heart of the midfield a no brainer with our resources this is our best option to give the defence solidity.  Vrancic no pre season to date I don't think he will be ready for Liverpool and Stiepermann due to his physicality maybe a better option and Vrancic from the bench when fit it worked last season. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, I like Stiepermann in there too.....I just like Vrancic better and that he has such coolness under pressure as we saw so clearly last season at Leeds and towards the end of the season. To have that class on the pitch is a must imo.

His best performances have been in the deeper lying role. He needs to get his head up and pass the ball about. He won’t get the time to do that as an attacking mid (and a lot less time as a DM than in the championship). It’s not his game to receive the ball, turn and run at the opposition like Stiepermann did so well last season.

Given that it's Liverpool away I'd go with:

Krul

Godfrey  Hanley  Klose

Aarons  Trybull  Leitner  Lewis

Buendia   Pukki   Hernandez

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Krul

Godfrey  Hanley  Klose

Probably the best option. People underestimate Argos because he doesn't always pick the best final ball, but he does score, he does assist, he's a genuine speed merchant & has a touch nearly as good as Emi's (in Germany I particularly remember a ball he received over his shoulder, brought it down with one touch & was hurtling off goalwards in a blink). Invaluable against a team like Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Krul

Godfrey  Hanley  Klose

Would we really stop using last season's winning formula and switch to three CBs? I would be nervous if we do, I hope we have thoroughly familiarised the team if so. Otherwise I could see some confusion about who has responsibility for what, which would quickly be punished.

I may choose Ralph in goal if he performs to his ability in training but the understanding with Krul and his backline may see TK starting.

Vrancic on the bench due to lack of fitness, but he is a bit like Pukki and Buendia. These 3 are X factor players in our squad, I do think if he came on for Marco with 25 mins to go he could cause Liverpool a lot of problems. I think he can move the ball well, control it, range of passing is superb and for free kicks outside the area, there is no one better in our team ATM.

I think reward many of our championship players but dont go on sentiment if, let's say Roberts has been seen as our best wide player instead of Hernandez. No way Buendia is being dropped.

4 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Krul

Trybull Leitner

Pukki

This is pretty much what I'd do, except I'd play Fährmann in goal, and I think Farke might too. It seems like he's probably been brought in as the number one.

Also, we might have a new defensive midfielder by then who could possibly start in place of Trybull if he's too good to leave out- but if he arrives, he may be not be match fit and may need a little more time to integrate. We'll see.

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Klose Lewis

Tettey Trybull

Buendia Stiepermann Hernandez

Pukki 

Fahrmann

Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis

Trybull

Buendia, Leitner, Steipermann, Roberts

Pukki

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I usually get slated for my team predictions, but I don't care. 🙂

Krul

Trybull Leitner

Buendia  Vrancic Roberts

Pukki

Subs: Hernandez, Stiepermann, McLean, Cantwell, Drmic, Byram, Fahrmann

No slating as you've not randomly shoehorned a player onto the left wing 😉

Fahrmann

Aarons            Godfrey        Klose          Lewis

Trybull

Leitner           McLean

Roberts                                                   Buendia

Pukki

• Like 4

Hear me out, I'd go:

Krul

Aarons  Klose Srebeny Lewis

Hanley Godfrey

Buendia  Vrancic Roberts

Pukki

In other threads we've talked about how our centre backs can cover at CDM, and of course, Srebeny is a footballing genius who can cover any position whilst Zimbo is out.

😉

12 minutes ago, Yellow and Green Man said:

Hear me out, I'd go:

Krul

Aarons  Klose Srebeny Lewis

Hanley Godfrey

Buendia  Vrancic Roberts

Pukki

In other threads we've talked about how our centre backs can cover at CDM, and of course, Srebeny is a footballing genius who can cover any position whilst Zimbo is out.

😉

I assume that's Pukki in goal and Krul up front?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Fahrmann

Trybull

Leitner           McLean

Pukki

I like this the most but we have just under 2 weeks. Maybe we can get a player or 2 to come in

22 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Fahrmann

Trybull

Leitner           McLean

Pukki

I think the premiership will showcase just how good Leitner is. I expect him and Buendia to be our outstanding players this year.

Our young back line will be in for a torrid time and certainly should not be measured by Just this first season in the premiership.

I like this starting 11 but Vrancic & Steipermann could make that starting 11 without any complaints.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

.I like this starting 11 but Vrancic & Steipermann could make that starting 11 without any complaints.

McLean pipped Vrancic, as Mario hasn’t had any preseason so far due to injury. Either could work there, Kenny is probably slightly better at the defensive side of things and adds a bit more strength. 

Being able to bring on Stiepermann or Vrancic shows the range of options Norwich have. 

• Like 1

Fahrmann

Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis

Leitner, Trybull

Roberts, Buendia, Hernandez

Pukki

• Like 1

Roberts must be something else with so many discarding the admirable Onel for him so soon.

At least consider the growing Cuban fan base.

31 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Buendia walked out of today’s training session injured

Any word on what sort of injury, severity etc?

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Roberts must be something else with so many discarding the admirable Onel for him so soon.

At least consider the growing Cuban fan base.

Could say the same about replacing Krul. 

I hope, and don't think, we'll often or ever play 3 CBs in the Prem as we will get shreaded through midfield, but BYG's line-up looks solid for Liverpool. 

Newcastle is the more important game.